Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Who's going where??  (Read 61645 times)

Rollergirl

Re: Who's going where??
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2011, 11:17:39 AM »
I don't know, can't make up my mind if I want to go or not.....

Love Expresso

« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2011, 12:23:29 PM »
I thought you were going to Malm

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2011, 01:41:55 PM »
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Rollergirl

« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2011, 02:33:58 PM »

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2011, 03:32:10 PM »
I feel that it's an opportunity not to be missed and if BD is terrible,  then at least you will have seen for yourself and can give an honest opinion - not rely on hearsay.   Hopefully he will be OK and just maybe MK and BD will perform a couple of songs together.  A song or two from the new album would be great too!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Rollergirl

« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2011, 03:37:21 PM »
So if it is not too far from your home don't hesistate, get a tix.

that's the thing you see. If it was in my home town (not that anybody remotely interesting ever performs here), I wouldn't hesitate for one second.

As it stands, it's a 2 hour train ride and I have to stay overnight as the last train is around 11pm. Unless I drive but I don't like driving that much and I am too crap at 1) finding my way 2) driving in town

If it was a full MK show, no hesitations either but for half a show... I don't know...

I have a friend whose hubby is a big Bob fan and likes MK too, maybe he could drive!  ;D because there's another thing,
I don't really fancy going on my own either...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:40:23 PM by Rollergirl »

Rollergirl

« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2011, 03:39:15 PM »
I feel that it's an opportunity not to be missed and if BD is terrible,  then at least you will have seen for yourself and can give an honest opinion - not rely on hearsay.   Hopefully he will be OK and just maybe MK and BD will perform a couple of songs together.  A song or two from the new album would be great too!   :)

if I had never seen BD live, yes, at least I could justify this to myself by saying you have to see Dylan once, it's Bob Dylan! You know!!!
but I have seen him once and I didn't like it at all!!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2011, 03:47:31 PM »

if I had never seen BD live, yes, at least I could justify this to myself by saying you have to see Dylan once, it's Bob Dylan! You know!!!
but I have seen him once and I didn't like it at all!!

I have never seen him live, but I do like his albums, which, of course, is not the same thing at all.  If MK and the band weren't there, I probably wouldn't bother, but I would hate to miss the possibility of seeing them perform together - it would be something to remember for ever.   I'm going not expecting anything, then I won't be disappointed!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Rollergirl

« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2011, 06:22:42 PM »
but I would hate to miss the possibility of seeing them perform together - it would be something to remember for ever.   

that's true. I hope it's GA (although I would rather sit down) so that I don't have to decide now to get a decent seat. I can always wait until the tour starts and read the reviews, find out if they are playing together at some point....

decisions, decisions.....

Love Expresso

« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2011, 09:17:46 PM »
Ah come on! How can the President not take the chance and see GUY FLETCHER live on stage... Do not hestitate only because of these other buggers, Bob and Mark or what they are called...

I am sure you will find someone who is willing to drive you to the nearest gig. In November, when all these concert threads are open in this forum and everybody writes about how great GEORDIELAND sounds live (his new song, you know, I know it will be) with this 6 minutes long guitar solo, and Guy playing bongos, you will regret...

Just my opinion...  ;D

LE

(and no, I have no clue about some new song, just for the record)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:34:58 PM by Love Expresso »

Rollergirl

« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2011, 10:03:15 PM »
. In November, when all these concert threads are open in this forum and everybody writes about how great GEORDIELAND sounds live (his new song, you know, I know it will be) with this 6 minutes long guitar solo, and Guy playing bongos, you will regret...

THEN I'll get a ticket for sure, I am sure they won't be sold out!  for now, I am still hesitating

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 10:05:59 PM by Rollergirl »

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2011, 08:26:07 AM »
Ah come on! How can the President not take the chance and see GUY FLETCHER live on stage... Do not hestitate only because of these other buggers, Bob and Mark or what they are called...

I am sure you will find someone who is willing to drive you to the nearest gig. In November, when all these concert threads are open in this forum and everybody writes about how great GEORDIELAND sounds live (his new song, you know, I know it will be) with this 6 minutes long guitar solo, and Guy playing bongos, you will regret...

Just my opinion...  ;D

LE

Now, I'm gonna write to GF asking if they are going to play GEORDIELAND live!  ;D
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2011, 09:10:00 AM »

Just my opinion...  ;D

LE

Now, I'm gonna write to GF asking if they are going to play GEORDIELAND live!  ;D
lol, actually that is a good idea, let's come up with a "album title" and then the corresponding tracks (and stories) on it! then all write Guy with various songs, and drive him mad...lol, god knows, we may even hit a songs's name by accident..
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Rollergirl

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2011, 05:53:49 PM »
bugger, shit shit shit, it's rows! I have to decide now!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 53 queries.