Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Looking for a Mark Knopfler Stratocaster  (Read 4427 times)

Offlineethelbertmagnus

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Looking for a Mark Knopfler Stratocaster
« on: February 15, 2022, 04:10:11 AM »
How to take care of your vinyl floor - Top 10 tips and tricks

You can easily get the best mop for Vinyl floors as a method to take care of your vinyl floor. But do you know that there are more things you can do to make this process easier and more efficient? Here are the top 10 tips and tricks to preserve your vinyl floor at TheKingLive.

1. Using doormats

Although the doormat seems like something that does not directly affect your vinyl floor, this little carpet can prevent dust and dirt from the outside from getting into your house aka spreading on your vinyl floor. Make sure there are doormats at every entrance of your house so people can clean their shoes before entering.

2. Clean hair spray with shampoo

If there are hair spray stains on your vinyl floor, using shampoo to wash them away is a great choice. Mix the shampoo with warm water to mop your vinyl floor, then rinse it with a damp mop to finish things up.

3. Choose the right cleanser

There is no-wax vinyl with waxed one, you need to know what your floor type is to choose the right cleanser. When using the cleanser, mop your vinyl floor gently and always rinse off with clean water even if the label says it’s okay to not rinsing - that is how you won’t leave residue on your vinyl floor.

4. Avoid drenching

Vinyl floors are resilient so they are easy to maintain. But that doesn’t mean you can leave excess water on them. Using the best mop for Vinyl flooring is an efficient way to do this since quality mops mostly use microfiber for their mop pads.

5. Sweep frequently

If you keep a tight sweeping schedule, your vinyl floor will last longer. It’s best to remove the debris before they creep into your vinyl floor through the crack. Sweeping frequently will also help prevent scratching your vinyl floor when you mop it.

Further Reading:

Best Mop for Vinyl Floors: TOP Options for Long-Lasting Flooring

Best Mop for Vinyl Plank Floors: Buying Guide and TOP Suggestions

6. Preserve the sheen

When you have a no-wax vinyl floor, don’t try to make it shine again with wax. This type of vinyl floor has a clear polyurethane coating that doesn’t go well with the wax. If your no-wax vinyl floor lost its shine, try to restore it with a polish or sealant made for no-wax flooring.

7. Wear “socks” for your furniture

The number one reason that creates scratches on your vinyl floor is the furniture legs. You may remember to be careful with them, but a guest may drag a chair on your vinyl floor and scratch it. In order to prevent this kind of tragedy, you should put on the cover for your furniture, especially those heavy ones that can easily leave a mark even when they stay put.

8. Prepare a path for moving furniture

There will be a time you move or replace your furniture. And what we usually do is drag them instead of lifting them. To prevent scratches and scuff forming after you move furniture, prepare a path with plywood or cardboard to move the furniture on top of it.

By doing these tips and tricks, you can easily preserve your vinyl floor. Don’t forget to get an excellent cleaning tool in the Best Mop for Vinyl Floors: Buying Guide and TOP Suggestions list to take care of your vinyl floor.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 05:21:14 AM by ethelbertmagnus »

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: Looking for a Mark Knopfler Stratocaster
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 07:55:48 AM »
If one becomes known to anyone, we usually place an advert here...

https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=3470.0

« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 07:57:59 AM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 12:33:36 PM »
Looking at the current prices, I would really advise to let the Fender Custom Shop build you a copy. Would be a better built, but having no headstock signature.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 12:37:25 PM »
Looking at the current prices, I would really advise to let the Fender Custom Shop build you a copy. Would be a better built, but having no headstock signature.

You can always buy a decal on ebay and paint the signature yourself, but the serial number won't be a real one for this serie of guitars

https://www.ebay.es/itm/223942231437?hash=item3423ff458d:g:1HkAAOSwA9xeZ66M
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 12:41:17 PM »
Kind of defeats the purpose of having a Knopfler strat if you don't actually have a Knopfler strat.

Maybe it's a guitar player thing - once you have your mind set on owning something, you have to have it!
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 12:05:15 PM »
It' s a bit frustrating that these are only factory models. Knopfler probably got "high attention" models like Clapton etc. and the mortals are left with what left from the conveyor belt..

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 12:17:54 PM »
To me, MK Strat is no more, MK Strat has ceased to be. For crazy resale prices, it's just doesn't worth it, as it was discussed many times already, so if you were lucky to get it back when it was available, good for you. Now, look somewhere else!

If somebody wants to buy MK Strat for the prices they are going for nowadays, please, buy a regular strat and give the change to me. It's a better use of money than paying for an overpriced guitar.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 12:25:01 PM »
To me, MK Strat is no more, MK Strat has ceased to be. For crazy resale prices, it's just doesn't worth it, as it was discussed many times already, so if you were lucky to get it back when it was available, good for you. Now, look somewhere else!

If somebody wants to buy MK Strat for the prices they are going for nowadays, please, buy a regular strat and give the change to me. It's a better use of money than paying for an overpriced guitar.

People can do whatever they want with their money, why should anyone else care?

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2022, 12:27:14 PM »
Well, it's a fetish. There are better Fender Stratocasters for sure, even cheaper, but this is the MK signature, and that's the thing about it, just that.

I think that is terrible that the paint was so bad.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2022, 12:30:31 PM »

You always make this argument in the discussions of MK Strat, though it doesn't change the fact that this guitar doesn't worth 3, 4, 5 grand people are asking for it, it just doesn't worth it, and I think this is not subjective. I think even Mark himself would agree it doesn't worth it. So yes, to want MK Strat now you really, really, really want this printed decal on your guitar and some case candy. Case candy that costs like $1,500 extra...

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2022, 12:33:06 PM »

But it's just NOT an MK Strat! If someone wants to but an MK that's up to the individual surely?!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2022, 12:35:03 PM »
Well, it's a fetish. There are better Fender Stratocasters for sure, even cheaper, but this is the MK signature, and that's the thing about it, just that.

I think that is terrible that the paint was so bad.

A fetish? I'd say no more of a fetish than people buying bootlegs on Vinyl/CD that are totally downloadable!!!

Anyway, its not just the signature although that is a nice touch I can assure you, it's the whole package - Guitar, Accessories, Paperwork & Candy that make the MK Strat desirable for MK fans....

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2022, 12:37:44 PM »

100% agree!!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2022, 12:46:57 PM »

You always make this argument in the discussions of MK Strat, though it doesn't change the fact that this guitar doesn't worth 3, 4, 5 grand people are asking for it, it just doesn't worth it, and I think this is not subjective. I think even Mark himself would agree it doesn't worth it. So yes, to want MK Strat now you really, really, really want this printed decal on your guitar and some case candy. Case candy that costs like $1,500 extra...

Of course it's subjective. You don't think it's worth it but clearly some people do, otherwise they wouldn't be paying these prices.

And with respect my friend, neither you or I have any idea what MK thinks about this issue.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2022, 12:49:44 PM »
A lot of people have a "fetish".

Guitars
Records
Cars
Handbags
Shoes
Comic books

To most other people it makes no sense to spend so much on these items but it makes the buyers happy. Who are we to say that a comic book isn't worth £10k? Live and let live.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 38 queries.