Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Ragpicker's dream Tour 2003  (Read 10638 times)

Offlinelouisewickson

• Guitar George
Re: The Ragpicker's dream Tour 2003
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 07:33:05 AM »
Norwegian promo.
Diagnosis: acute pigweed poisoning.
Symptoms: gloomy, vacant stare, listlessness, cognitive impairment around what a guitar is for, and inability to relate to others as they watch in pain at such a disappointment.
Cure: a Privateering Tour that generates a mouthwatering Cookbook by Dr Fletch.
Patient now recovering well.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 11:08:27 AM »
I was wondering about this Fats Kaplin guy.  Mark never bothered to work with him before or since and how did they get together?  On his site it says "In 1992 Fats moved to Nashville at the urging of Kevin Welch. He joined Kevin's band The Overtones which also included Mike Henderson, Glenn Worf..."  So that answers that question!

He's also a multi-instrumentalist and plays fiddle, accordion and mandolin too!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 12:55:34 PM »
I read that Fats plays pedal steel too
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2013, 01:07:11 PM »

He could easily replace JM.  He does everything he does plus pedal steel.  The only thing John plays is the whistle and Mike plays that so...

It could be interesting if Mark decided to bring him in.  I see he gives Mark a mention on his web site.  We just need to see past the funny name to the musician underneath!

I hope that if mark decides to locate him he remembers to look for him under his new name, because since his crash diet he is now known as Slim Kaplin! ;D

Love Expresso

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2013, 04:20:12 PM »
My feeling is that John McCusker has very much influence in MK's band and since his first appearance in 2008, is absolutely set as a band member. I cannot see MK replace him.

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2013, 04:30:19 PM »
John McCusker fits in perfectly with MK's band and I can't see Mark replacing him purely for the reason that Fats Kaplin can also play pedal steel!  It just wouldn't be the same without John!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2013, 07:00:44 PM »
John McCusker fits in perfectly with MK's band and I can't see Mark replacing him purely for the reason that Fats Kaplin can also play pedal steel!  It just wouldn't be the same without John!   ;)

I was only toying around with the idea! :) 

Funny that the plan of going solo was to scale down the "big band" thing that DS had going on the OES tour and yet here we are, a few years down the road, finding ourselves listening to more and more members being added from the original dullards.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2013, 07:16:03 PM »

Funny that the plan of going solo was to scale down the "big band" thing that DS had going on the OES tour and yet here we are, a few years down the road, finding ourselves listening to more and more members being added from the original dullards.

Which "original dullards" are you referring to, dmg?     :think    ;)

Just noticed, I have become a Brother in Arms!   I wonder is it possible to be a Sister in Arms!    ;D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 07:18:24 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2013, 07:43:48 PM »

Which "original dullards" are you referring to, dmg?     :think    ;)

Just noticed, I have become a Brother in Arms!   I wonder is it possible to be a Sister in Arms!    ;D
I think that would be cool.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2013, 07:49:11 AM »

He could easily replace JM.  He does everything he does plus pedal steel.  The only thing John plays is the whistle and Mike plays that so...

It could be interesting if Mark decided to bring him in.  I see he gives Mark a mention on his web site.  We just need to see past the funny name to the musician underneath!

I hope that if mark decides to locate him he remembers to look for him under his new name, because since his crash diet he is now known as Slim Kaplin! ;D
Nice try to get rid of Marbletown , dmg.
No more John, no more Marb.
However everyone is this band is a master, best in world, genius, wears sexy shirt, ... my feeling is John is the most important guy in the band.

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2013, 08:09:01 AM »

However everyone is this band is a master, best in world, genius, wears spamy shirt, ... my feeling is John is the most important guy in the band.
Hehehe... I think you nailed it, Tunnel! 
MK loves Marbletown, hence John is 'family'.  ...But still good. Yeah, still good. ;)

If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2013, 09:47:48 AM »
The rehearsal list for the RPD-Tour was:

on every street - Paris - Bercy 1991

Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20031206044551/http://guyfletcher.co.uk/main.htm

Oh I didn't paid attention to this at the time of publication on Guy's forum but Paris Bercy 1991 was also recorded. I kwnew that the 92 gigs were but not these.
I want an access to the DS archives!!!
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2013, 11:35:54 AM »

However everyone is this band is a master, best in world, genius, wears spamy shirt, ... my feeling is John is the most important guy in the band.

Damn!  I would've got away with it too if it weren't for you pesky, meddling kids! ;D

To Val:  "The Dullards" was the nickname that Ed gave to the '96ers.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2013, 11:51:09 AM »

To Val:  "The Dullards" was the nickname that Ed gave to the '96ers.

Thanks, dmg!    You learn something new every day, so they say!    ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2013, 11:55:07 PM »
I agree with dmg :
the paradox is that during DS days which was officially a "band" it didn't bother anyone that members were changing almost on each tour, and now that Mark is playing under his name as a "solo" artist, fans want to keep the same musicians we have since almost 20 years...

the reverse would have been more logical....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 40 queries.