Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 602635 times)

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1845 on: October 01, 2021, 07:32:11 AM »
Oh dear, I admit hand in the air that I walked out of his concert in 2011 after only a song or two. It was absolutely shocking!!

I didn't by respect to the friend who came to that concert with me, as he is a Dylan fan, but I recall I was looking at my watch every now and then, waiting for the pain to finish.... It was the worst experience I ever had in any concert in my whole life.

We had front row seats, for the MK & Dylan tour in Montreal.

Loved the opening act Mark Knopfler (anyone heard of him ;D), after the intermission Dylan and MK started, MK played with Dylan
for 2 songs, listening to Dylan was hard. Once Mark left the stage, my wife and myself left the area.
So Knopflerfan, you are not on your own.

Brian

How good to hear from you Brian, I'm glad we are not alone in walking out on BD....

I often wonder if Dylans vocal delivery live is a quite deliberate act of self sabotage. He has a reputation for such in the studio and often deliberately radically altered his vocal style (listen to Nashville Skyline and tell me that's Dylan!).

My wife and I also walked out mid Dylan at the BIC in Bournemouth UK in 2011, couldn't bare his vocal delivery (later described in the local press as a feral, foreboding animal growl!  :D )

I know, another one on the naughty step.....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1846 on: October 01, 2021, 07:55:26 AM »
Oh dear, I admit hand in the air that I walked out of his concert in 2011 after only a song or two. It was absolutely shocking!!

I didn't by respect to the friend who came to that concert with me, as he is a Dylan fan, but I recall I was looking at my watch every now and then, waiting for the pain to finish.... It was the worst experience I ever had in any concert in my whole life.

Loved the opening act Mark Knopfler (anyone heard of him ;D), after the intermission Dylan and MK started, MK played with Dylan
for 2 songs, listening to Dylan was hard. Once Mark left the stage, my wife and myself left the area.

Brian

How good to hear from you Brian, I'm glad we are not alone in walking out on BD....

I often wonder if Dylans vocal delivery live is a quite deliberate act of self sabotage. He has a reputation for such in the studio and often deliberately radically altered his vocal style (listen to Nashville Skyline and tell me that's Dylan!).

My wife and I also walked out mid Dylan at the BIC in Bournemouth UK in 2011, couldn't bare his vocal delivery (later described in the local press as a feral, foreboding animal growl!  :D )

Again I liken BDs voice to Krusty the Clown from the Simpsons!! Feral, Foreboding animal growl suffices!!! Blooming awful!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1847 on: October 01, 2021, 10:27:42 AM »

Brian

Again I liken BDs voice to Krusty the Clown from the Simpsons!! Feral, Foreboding animal growl suffices!!! Blooming awful!!

I recall that during that 2011 and 2012 tours many of us refered to Dylan as Krusty... That was fun.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1848 on: October 01, 2021, 07:26:06 PM »

Brian

I recall that during that 2011 and 2012 tours many of us refered to Dylan as Krusty... That was fun.

On the Simpsons theme BD was immortalised on the Simpsons!!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #1849 on: October 05, 2021, 12:17:59 PM »
I always find it amusing how much Mark's voice got derided in  the press over the years, saying he is no much of a singer, but to my ears his voice has got better with age, and certainly when compared to Bob Dylan.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1850 on: October 05, 2021, 12:24:46 PM »
I always find it amusing how much Mark's voice got derided in  the press over the years, saying he is no much of a singer, but to my ears his voice has got better with age, and certainly when compared to Bob Dylan.
[/quote
Good point, Mks voice got better once he stopped smoking. MK is MK and BD is just Krusty!!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1851 on: October 05, 2021, 01:32:27 PM »

I love Mark's voice, either singing or speaking and his voice became much better since he stopped smoking.   I still like the rawness in his voice from the early days though - it complemented his beautiful guitar.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1852 on: October 05, 2021, 05:42:51 PM »

I love Mark's voice, either singing or speaking and his voice became much better since he stopped smoking.   I still like the rawness in his voice from the early days though - it complemented his beautiful guitar.

Yes, on reflection on the amazing 'Golden Heart' album you can really make out MK's 'Rawness' with his vocals but that's cool.....In fact on the GH interview video MK is seen playing with a lit cigarette!!!

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #1853 on: October 06, 2021, 09:59:01 AM »
Yes you do, and it looks really strange now. I almost forget Mark used to be a smoker,
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1854 on: October 06, 2021, 11:49:54 AM »
From the single Cannibals :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1855 on: October 06, 2021, 06:17:48 PM »
There is a picture in the GH programme where Mk looks like a dragon, throwing two big lines of smoke from his nose...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1856 on: October 06, 2021, 06:24:31 PM »
:)
Clear as the day

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1857 on: October 06, 2021, 10:30:35 PM »
Fag ash lil!!!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1858 on: October 06, 2021, 10:35:01 PM »
And another..

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1859 on: October 06, 2021, 11:34:52 PM »
I really like this photo from the BIA period. If a photo can talk - there is a lot of emotion here.
Clear as the day

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.108 seconds with 36 queries.