Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark Knopfler Solo Studio album elimination poll - Round 1  (Read 14256 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Mark Knopfler Solo Studio album elimination poll - Round 1
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2021, 04:09:13 PM »
I used to have the same opinion about Privateering but I was playing it in my car, driving to work, and I found myself enjoying even the blues ones... It really grew up on me with time.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2021, 04:29:27 PM »
I used to have the same opinion about Privateering but I was playing it in my car, driving to work, and I found myself enjoying even the blues ones... It really grew up on me with time.

That happened to me with KTGC.  I didn't like it much at first, but now I love it and it's become one of my favourites.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2021, 04:38:03 PM »

That happened to me with KTGC.  I didn't like it much at first, but now I love it and it's become one of my favourites.

Funnily enough Superval, I'm the same with regards KTGC - I just couldn't get into it for a long time but certainly of late, like you it's up there now!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2021, 06:55:21 PM »
KTGC for me too. Heart Full of Holes and Let It All Go are the only songs I listen to often. The rest is just dull.

hunter

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2021, 07:19:45 PM »
I was going to vote KTGC, but it has a certain warmth, vibe and consistency that I like, and I like Fizzy, Behind With the Rent and Madame Geneva's a lot. It just about trumps Privateering, which has more songs that I like, but is just all over the place. And way too long. Privateering at the bottom for me.

Edit: I vote considering the album as a whole, and not based on how many songs I might like individually. An album should be more than a collection of songs ("playlist") and more than the sum of its parts.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 07:21:54 PM by hunter »

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2021, 07:33:52 PM »
I was going to vote KTGC, but it has a certain warmth, vibe and consistency that I like, and I like Fizzy, Behind With the Rent and Madame Geneva's a lot. It just about trumps Privateering, which has more songs that I like, but is just all over the place. And way too long. Privateering at the bottom for me.

Edit: I vote considering the album as a whole, and not based on how many songs I might like individually. An album should be more than a collection of songs ("playlist") and more than the sum of its parts.

An album in my eyes should be an adventure where each song bounces off the next....A lot of MK's Album's do this and there are a couple where this does not happen....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

hunter

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2021, 07:48:19 PM »

An album in my eyes should be an adventure where each song bounces off the next....A lot of MK's Album's do this and there are a couple where this does not happen....

Some albums are definitely more cohesive than others. I've always felt Mark's albums are too long / have too many tracks, and therefore have too many fillers and lose their cohesiveness.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2021, 07:55:24 PM »

Tracker does that for me. As soon as I hear the first notes of Laughs & Jokes, I close my eyes and I am on a journey with MK.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2021, 07:58:12 PM »

Tracker does that for me. As soon as I hear the first notes of Laughs & Jokes, I close my eyes and I am on a journey with MK.

Get Lucky, Tracker & KTGC are the same for me........ :wave

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2021, 08:00:47 PM »

I feel the same about KTGC and Shangri-la, but more especially Tracker.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2021, 08:02:03 PM »

I feel the same about KTGC and Shangri-la.

Oh blimey yes, Shangri-la - First few bars of 515am and you are in MK world!!!

hunter

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2021, 08:37:39 PM »

Yes, Tracker is really nice. I need to revisit it tonight. Funnily enough, as guitar centered as I am, Beryl is the track I like the least on Tracker. Or, it's the track I feel fits the rest of the album the least.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2021, 08:41:13 PM »

Yes, Tracker is really nice. I need to revisit it tonight. Funnily enough, as guitar centered as I am, Beryl is the track I like the least on Tracker. Or, it's the track I feel fits the rest of the album the least.

I tend to agree with you about Beryl, although I do like it as a song. 
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2021, 10:21:51 PM »

plus Shangri-La for me. Sometimes I wish the journey would never end.  ;)
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2021, 11:39:38 PM »
 Can't believe that Kill to get Crimson is about to leave FIRST!!  :hmm  :smack

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.084 seconds with 44 queries.