Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Alchemy Live - 20th Anniversary Edition  (Read 74672 times)

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
Re: Alchemy Live - 20th Anniversary Edition
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2010, 07:06:21 PM »
Maybe the Chuck Ainley remix is just the 5.1 surround version, and this format CANNOT be pressed to a normal CD ...

At least I now understand it the way that the bonus material is also on the Bluray, I already saw a horror scenario that I must buy the Bluray for HD, PLUS the Deluxe DVD for that bonus stuff (which will be better quality than the versions we have of it). This would have been a no-go for me, I rather would have illegally downloaded the bonus stuff somewhere before paying for Alchemy for the 5th time then (vinyl, VHS, CD, DVD, Bluray)

Everything you just stated was Ditto for me too..... So pleased cos now I have my Blu-ray version preordered  8) can't bloody wait
Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

OfflineTally

• Camerado
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2010, 07:12:59 PM »
Maybe the Chuck Ainley remix is just the 5.1 surround version, and this format CANNOT be pressed to a normal CD ...

At least I now understand it the way that the bonus material is also on the Bluray, I already saw a horror scenario that I must buy the Bluray for HD, PLUS the Deluxe DVD for that bonus stuff (which will be better quality than the versions we have of it). This would have been a no-go for me, I rather would have illegally downloaded the bonus stuff somewhere before paying for Alchemy for the 5th time then (vinyl, VHS, CD, DVD, Bluray)

The bonus stuff is on the DVD, and the CD with the deluxe box. Isn't it?

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2010, 11:46:13 PM »
  "That was bullshit, like working with blanks. I've come to believe that Def Leppard is basically like George Bush, a package item with an amazing amount of confection and no content. They're just like Spinal Tap. It's really all the producer - a Mutt Lange creation. They come out as great records, beautifully layered technically, but so empty".

So quite the opposite of Dire Straits! What do you think? ;)

LE

Yes as long as the new Alchemy isn't 'beautifully layered technology' that disguises away the raw talent that MK so wanted to reproduce with the live album.

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2010, 10:43:37 AM »
It seems the audio CD isn't remixed by Chuck if I'm correct. Such a shame! :(

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2010, 10:49:00 AM »
Is the bonus stuff only on the blu-ray DVD??  ???

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2010, 10:54:07 AM »
  "That was bullshit, like working with blanks. I've come to believe that Def Leppard is basically like George Bush, a package item with an amazing amount of confection and no content. They're just like Spinal Tap. It's really all the producer - a Mutt Lange creation. They come out as great records, beautifully layered technically, but so empty".

So quite the opposite of Dire Straits! What do you think? ;)

LE

Yes as long as the new Alchemy isn't 'beautifully layered technology' that disguises away the raw talent that MK so wanted to reproduce with the live album.
Yes, but recording music in the studio (when the band don't have a clue of what and how they are going to play, as the quote is about) and mixing an already performed live recording are totally different things. But you obviously have a point though ;) So let's hope that Chucks new mix is about balancing the instrument right and "opening up" the sound so it's more natural sounding (less EQ and prosessing instead of more). That's what Chuck is known for, anyway.  

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2010, 12:48:50 PM »
I`m preparing my Blu-Ray Alchemy evening.
Going to get a top notch bottle of wine (i.e. one in a bottle), favourite snacks for the family, dim the lights, cuddle up..... Saturday Night At The Movies....

Been told May 7th by our local Aussie store, JB HiFi.
Really excited, this is my DS dream come true!  ;D
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2010, 01:14:45 PM »
Is the bonus stuff only on the blu-ray DVD??  ???

According to the official press release "Blu-ray includes the material from DVD in Hi Def
and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround, plus the original live album as downloadable MP3 audio files".

So if by bonus stuff you mean the Arena documentary and the OGWT performances. Happy to say they are on the standard DVD (confirmed by the amazon listing, if you have confidence in these).
This baker's boy from the West Country

Love Expresso

« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2010, 07:30:04 PM »
Speaking of which, the German release date is May 14th. DVD 17,99

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2010, 07:41:43 PM »
Alrighty then, it's the normal DVD for me. Never understood that whole blu-ray hype, and I'm not going to buy a blu-ray player... But huh, "the original album as downloadable MP3 files?" WTF? Well, maybe I'm just too old-fashioned but come on!

Rollergirl

« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2010, 07:46:36 PM »
... But huh, "the original album as downloadable MP3 files?" WTF? Well, maybe I'm just too old-fashioned but come on!

yip! you are too old fashioned, and me too, and I am sure of lot of us here. This is totally uninteresting

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2010, 08:07:27 PM »
I'm having constant battles with myself about should i buy a Blu ray player or not.
The thought of seeing Alchemy in high def is a delicious thought, but can i justify the price of a Blu ray player just for that?
Avatar has just been released in Blu ray too this week, which is making me think, Oh sod it!!!! :o

What should i do!!????

Will Alchemy in Blu ray completely blow the Dvd picture and sound away???

Help me please............................

Cheers   BBB
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2010, 08:18:44 PM »
I'm having constant battles with myself about should i buy a Blu ray player or not.
The thought of seeing Alchemy in high def is a delicious thought, but can i justify the price of a Blu ray player just for that?
Avatar has just been released in Blu ray too this week, which is making me think, Oh sod it!!!! :o

What should i do!!????

Will Alchemy in Blu ray completely blow the Dvd picture and sound away???

Help me please............................

Cheers   BBB

If it helps - you will also need a good enough HD TV to watch it on too. If you don't have a full HD TV then perhaps don't bother. There are 'Full HD' and 'HD Ready' TVs and there is a difference.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2010, 09:49:39 PM »
yup, get a "full-hd only, never ever get a hd ready version anymore.
but bluray players, also good ones, are available for 100
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2010, 10:05:25 PM »
... But huh, "the original album as downloadable MP3 files?" WTF? Well, maybe I'm just too old-fashioned but come on!

yip! you are too old fashioned, and me too, and I am sure of lot of us here. This is totally uninteresting

Haha Rollergirl and Goldenheart, count me to that group of people also!

I will order the DVD and 2 CD's! I don't have them yet!  :o We have an full HDTV and it's a big screen, so be sure I will watch it for the first time when I am alone in the house and nobody will disturb me!  :P .....Hhhhmmm I am looking forward to have it in my hands! ;D

And uuuhhhhh Nigel, I would wait with buying the Blu- Ray Player. As usual it will be much cheaper in a year and have a better quality! ;)

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 43 queries.