Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #10:2012.10.18 San Francisco, CA - Bill Graham Civic Aud, USA # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 41988 times)

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
Hi Shangri-la

Which channels are those videos from. The quality is much better than mine ? I'd like to copy them.

thanks,
Hi Sweetsurrender  :clap :thumbsup - Many thanks for your efforts in providing us folks from places that MK does't tour very often!! The videos from Youtube and recordings from the tracker etc. are our eyes and ears when it comes to MK and his great band.
The YT user's are:-
aflagg - http://www.youtube.com/user/aflagg?feature=watch
&  Patrice Peyret - http://www.youtube.com/user/steam4us/videos?view=0
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 05:14:39 AM by shangri la 1 »

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Kingdom of Gold part 2 and  I usd to could.

Mark seems to have some "troubles" with his pedal board ? he seems to switch several times during the solo on KOG

so many years he didn't use a pedal board on stage...maybe doesnt' he remember how it works ?  ;D

Guy said he will give some details about it, but we're still waiting....

Love Expresso

Well, it is a solo. Is it great? (expected answer after some bashing: EVERY solo from MK is great don't you know). However, nice attempt to make the song more "lively". McGoldricks contribution is really good in my opinion. Still one of my three least favourite tracks on the album. Nice to see some setlist changes, bearing in mind that this is the tenth show already.

LE

Offlineanother brother

• Local Hero
i think some folks here should sell the MK tickets and go to "the straits"  :P

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
Hi Shangri-la

Which channels are those videos from. The quality is much better than mine ? I'd like to copy them.

thanks,

The YT user aflagg has added Marbletown, Haul away, Hill farmer's blues and as posted by another brother, above, Song for Sonny liston to the other 3 posted on page 3 of this thread...uploaded by him & Partice Peyret.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 05:34:38 AM by shangri la 1 »

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
Hi,
Kingdom of Gold !!!! what a great job, what a wonderful solo and what a beautiful job from Glenn and the vocals too.... too much things, and finaly the blue Pensa is there ! BRAVO and thank you sweetsurrender for sharing the video
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Love Expresso

i think some folks here should sell the MK tickets and go to "the straits"  :P

Why?

LE

Offlineanother brother

• Local Hero
they deliver the cheese some want

Love Expresso

Don't understand.

You don't describe other's opinions as "cheese", don't you?

LE
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:32:58 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlineanother brother

• Local Hero
so i don

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
Although it isn't my favourite from the album, I think Kingdom Of Gold is the best sounding live song from Privateering so far. It sounds beautiful, and I really enjoy that outro solo... :)
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

Love Expresso

There's nothing remarkable about negative comments - it's called reception. AMIT assembles a lot of people that are deep into MK's music, some of them for years or decades - they follow him from album to album and from tour to tour - which allows them to have a more differentiated view then let's say an experienced journalist who has a pile of new records to listen to and writes a few quick lines about Privateering after the first listen.

If Privateering evokes not only positive but also negative comments, then it's okay and even precious - we are not here to pray to the one and only God MK, even if it seems so lately, referring to some (new) posters since a few weeks.

Of course you can say this: MK can sit on a chair and read the phone book, and I will fall on my knees and tell everyone how genius he is. But then we are not any different to let's say,... Justin Bieber fans.

Differentiated view must be allowed. And if you tally all posts since release, I think it is not too bad after all. For me, there's a lot to like and some minor that I don't like. As it is such a long record, there is more working surface. Nice!  :thumbsup I might point out that this is a positive view!

My current list:

SAILING TO PHILADLPHIA, THE RAGPICKER'S DREAM, both masterpieces, same league
GET LUCKY, best album feel in general, not a single bad song
SHANGRI-LA, rich, great lyrics, wide spectrum, good and warm feeling overall
PRIVATEERING, still growing, but some "mistakes" in approaching the material imho, phantastic soundwise of course
GOLDEN HEART and KILL TO GET CRIMSON not really bad, but compared to the other masterpieces a little weaker in my opinion

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I think these new versions of CBC  sound good - much better than last years ones.  The only other new songs I like are HA and Crows and they haven't really nailed Crows live yet IMO.  I do wish they (or do I mean Mark :think) had chosen other songs from Privateering to play like: Submariner, Seattle, Bluebird or Radio City.  I suppose you couldn't perform these on cruise control. ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Love Expresso

I Used To Could is good rocking indeed. BUT (there's always a BUT) Jim's piano cannot replace the cool harmonica part from the album and sounds therefore a little uninspired. But Mark has great fun to play it, no doubt. Best rocker since Boom, Like That.

I think they chose a lot of different tracks from the album, which is nice. And I still think it is remarkable to hear a new tune at the tenth show, so "late" in the tour. At recent tours, Mark had started to form the definite set list at this time of tour. So we might be in for some other surprises, and dmg, you might be able to listen to some of the requested songs...  ;)

As I look at this tour for just another big rehearsal for 2013, I am looking forward to it in general.

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I Used To Could is good rocking indeed. BUT (there's always a BUT) Jim's piano cannot replace the cool harmonica part from the album and sounds therefore a little uninspired. But Mark has great fun to play it, no doubt. Best rocker since Boom, Like That.

I think they chose a lot of different tracks from the album, which is nice. And I still think it is remarkable to hear a new tune at the tenth show, so "late" in the tour. At recent tours, Mark had started to form the definite set list at this time of tour. So we might be in for some other surprises, and dmg, you might be able to listen to some of the requested songs...  ;)

As I look at this tour for just another big rehearsal for 2013, I am looking forward to it in general.

LE

You may be right;  this appears to be a rehearsal for next years tour.

Maybe Mark's reading this because HFB is very nice from this night.  Yes, you read right! :o ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 44 queries.