Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: local-hero.org up again  (Read 4814 times)

Love Expresso

local-hero.org up again
« on: April 08, 2010, 11:14:58 AM »
During the last MK tours I was using this site

www.local-hero.org

and found it a very good scource for all kinds of relevant informations like shows, venues, setlists, reviews, people going where and all kinds of stuff.
Also some great concert pics are linked to that site. I am not connected to this site in any kind or matter and I also do not want to put up some "rivalry"
here, but I thought it could be a good suggestion to everybody who wants to find some concert informations. If you go there be aware of being
spoiled in advance! I don't know if the operator is a member of this forum, too.(edited by me)  Also the now started Get Lucky-tour
will be shown there, although there are still no entries. Of course this depends on the people who attend the shows and are willing to share their information.
Also setlists can be found there almost always one day after the show.

Thought I might be allowed to give this hint?

LE
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 11:42:35 AM by Love Expresso »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: local-hero.org up again
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 11:29:19 AM »
Yes, it's a great site, LE and I always take a look during tours for reviews, pictures, etc.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 11:45:07 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 11:40:18 AM »
News: pls refrain from using real names of members on here, pls use nicks at all times.

However, I only now discovered this News line above, and therefore I am not sure if my first post is appropiate, so I changed it slightly.

LE
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 11:52:19 AM by Love Expresso »

OfflinePyroaction

• Camerado
    • AFMK
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 11:45:17 AM »
Hi,

I have made my own Get Lucky Google Map: http://www.afmk.net/concert2010/index.php?lang=en

You can follow the entire tour and "walk" in the venue's street thanks to StreetView.

And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 04:13:51 PM »
Thank you LE for posting the link again!  ;)

Pyroaction, thank you for the Get Lucky Google Map! Of course I know that the guys have to travel a lot, especial the crews who travel with the buss and trucks, but this map makes it more clear or visible!  ;)

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 05:10:53 PM »
And what do you think of Isaac? He is travelling to ALL the gigs, in the US and Canada by car , in Europe by train or when he can get a lift by car. That's a challenge!!!!!!
I already offered him some lifts and when it fits a place to sleep, so maybe you all can also help him a little.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 05:14:06 PM by ingridswing »

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 09:23:26 PM »

Ooohhhh stupid, stupid me!!!  :o ......How could I forget Isaac?  :-[ ......*Falling on my knees now and hope that Isaac will forgive me if he read this" :'(

Hey Ingrid of course you are right, sorry I forgot him! Although it is his own choice to be at every concert, it must be harder for him to travel to all the concerts and especial to be on time for every show! I already was wondering how he manage this and where he every time finds a place to sleep! He will be exhausted when the Tour is finished! ;)

Fieneke

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 09:26:21 PM »
Isaac will stay at Jeroen's place during A'dam and at my place after Antwerp and Cologne.
I hope more people will help him with this

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 09:48:03 PM »
I just asked Jans during dinner if we shall stay for 2 nights in Amsterdam, because I have to book an hotel then, just like the last time!

Driving home the night after the concert is too far away from where we live! It is possible, but then we have to leave immediately after the concert and there won't be a possibility to come together with the fans in the cafe and talk about the concert as we did in 2008.

Uuuuuhh I can offer Isaac a place in our bed, but I am sure Jans wouldn't like that!  ;D

Fieneke

OfflineLocalhero

• Guitar George
    • local-hero.org
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 01:50:39 AM »
During the last MK tours I was using this site

www.local-hero.org

and found it a very good scource for all kinds of relevant informations like shows, venues, setlists, reviews, people going where and all kinds of stuff.
Also some great concert pics are linked to that site. I am not connected to this site in any kind or matter and I also do not want to put up some "rivalry"
here, but I thought it could be a good suggestion to everybody who wants to find some concert informations. If you go there be aware of being
spoiled in advance! I don't know if the operator is a member of this forum, too.(edited by me)  Also the now started Get Lucky-tour
will be shown there, although there are still no entries. Of course this depends on the people who attend the shows and are willing to share their information.
Also setlists can be found there almost always one day after the show.

Thought I might be allowed to give this hint?

LE

Hi LE,

Yes I am here, sometimes ;)
Thanks, all the dates have been entered. I have found time to work on a version 3 of the website (after all these years with the old scripts and look). Now with a new design and new features. This version is still under construction but fully usable  :)
Hope you will like it.

Regards
David

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 01:28:23 PM »
Hello David,
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 42 queries.