Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Analyzing Fair Admission HELP wanted  (Read 27010 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: Analyzing Fair Admission HELP wanted
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2018, 10:44:33 PM »
Some "fresh" official explanations published by TK:

Fair Admission Process Update
http://www.markknopfler.com/fair-admission-process-update/

Ingrid you were completely right with the statistics you collected (about 20% of the requests fulfilled).

Requests made through Fair Admission registration for tickets to the Down The Road Wherever tour far exceeded available inventory. On average, we received five times the requests for tickets than we had the ability to fill.

And here in MarkKnopfler.com FAQs:

How is inventory allocated between Fair Admission and MarkKnopfler.com presales?
https://support.markknopfler.com/support/solutions/articles/4000131577--how-is-inventory-allocated-between-fair-admission-and-markknopfler-com-presales-

They admit that among the "best seats" sold through the FA system, all seats are not necessarly in the same category (some may be cheapers than others). I hadn't noticed this before.

Specifically, where MarkKnopfler.com is able to secure 1000 seats for a single show, there may be more than one price point of ticket in that inventory for that show. If there are only 600 of the most expensive tickets then the remaining 400 have to be the next best available and they are generally a little cheaper.

Thanks! Sooooooooooooooooooo, they kind of acknowledged that Fair Admission is a complete waste, because "majority of people" will NOT complete the purchase. This makes my brain hurt on too many levels. So basically yes, you do have a pretty good chance of having "better seat" on 29 October.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2018, 11:39:10 AM »
A friend of mine has a theory about the rejection...

You get rejected by two possible reasons:

1. Because the petitions really exceeded the inventory

2. Because you ask so many concerts that the Canadians consider you are a scalper and they reject your petitions even there is inventory.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinehenk1951

• Guitar George
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2018, 02:41:11 PM »
 I just received a Reminder: Fair Admission Shopping basket expires tonight !! It has one remarkable sentence:
"Fans who take part in Fair Admission process will be seated before regular presale buyers "

Offlinebinone

• Lady writer
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2018, 03:11:40 PM »
This is weird. If you get files 7-20 on FA, you won't get file 1-7 if any 1-7 don't finish buying.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2018, 03:29:48 PM »
sorry if it had been posted before, but in my last mail from MK.com I saw this sentence :

"Fans who take part in Fair Admission process will be seated before regular presale buyers."

so how could regular buyers could have better seats than Fair Admissions buyers ?  ??? :hmm

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2018, 04:44:11 PM »
sorry if it had been posted before, but in my last mail from MK.com I saw this sentence :

"Fans who take part in Fair Admission process will be seated before regular presale buyers."

so how could regular buyers could have better seats than Fair Admissions buyers ?  ??? :hmm
If you have been rejected from FA, and if you order on presale, you will have better seat than someone who hasn't ask for FA

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2018, 05:23:58 PM »

If you have been rejected from FA, and if you order on presale, you will have better seat than someone who hasn't ask for FA

That's not how I read it, sorry. FA goes first. Then regular presale.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineAdz

• Local Hero
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2018, 06:44:43 PM »
Dear all,

I have send a letter to PC and Guy in CC.
Not telling PC is a jerk, but asking for explanation, giving him a spreadsheet with details and conclusions of my analyzing.
Also told him we are sad, angry, disappointed and so on.
Also told him that the tickets that were assigned weren't always the best blocks, Barcelona far away, Amsterdam row 21-40 etc.

Some numbers, thanks to the 69 people who responded. They subscribed to 205 shows.
So my numbers are from those 205 shows they asked.

There seems not to be any link to how many tickets you asked. Sometimes 1 was awarded or not, sometimes 8 were awarded or not.

There is NO ticket assigned in the US
Almost none in the UK
Quite a lot in France, over 50%
Less than 20% of all shows those 69 applied to were rewarded

I hope he will reply, I will let you know

All the best,
Ingrid

Thank you Ingrid, your time and efforts are much appreciated!

Now I am not sure what to do next. The two tickets I have bought for The O2 will seat us up to two-thirds of the way down the hall from the stage, where you can only see the back of peoples heads, and not the band from previous experience. Do I now try and buy two more tickets in the normal presale, hoping for MUCH better seats, and somehow pass on the two Fair Admission tickets? Do I try and buy better tickets through the normal sellers somewhere closer to the front, maybe to side of the floor area, on the banked seats? Or do I just give up? Things are not good for me financially right now, so there is not much chance of me going to a concert abroad, as much as I would love to, but I also just will not have the time due to workload. (What is a holiday again?)

Blocks A1 - A3 contain 1056 seats, as best as I can tell, so if 1000 seats are allocated to the fan club per gig, somebody else must have a big chunk of those blocks if fans have been offered seats in B1 - B3 and C1 - C3.

Offlinesultan78

• Guitar George
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2018, 08:21:44 PM »
Is it a definite that if you buy from presale, you will have a better seat than someone on Fair Admission?

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2018, 08:40:07 PM »
Here is the answer that I got from PC.
I see he published it on mk.com

http://www.markknopfler.com/news/

Offlinedvschend

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2018, 08:44:33 PM »
I'll guess that's admitting Fair Admission is a farce ;)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2018, 08:52:41 PM »
Thanks ever so much Ingrid.  I have no doubt this statement is all down to the data collected by yourself and sent to PCM.  :clap
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinestormbreaker

• Camerado
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2018, 09:34:06 PM »
Actually what Paul writes is that we as fans and especially hard core fans like Ingrid have less rights to sit at front rows:
"The word “Fair” in Fair Admission means to us that all the people that asked for the opportunity to buy tickets to this tour are given the same access. Most people attending any event would like front row for the face value on the ticket, but there is only ever one front row. Everyone always wants the best seats they can possibly get for the lowest price. Fair Admission assigns the seats randomly. So, unlike the pre-sale on Monday, success has nothing to do with the ability to type fast or have five browser windows open at once. All that register has a chance to be selected to receive a basket."

My opinion is that Ingrid is a fan since 1983. Thus she has to my opinion an exclusive implicit right to be on the front row. Like Ingrid always says: Mark doesn't begin before the hard core AMIT fans are in the hall at their front row seats. Paul wants to open the system to Joe the Plumber. It's ridiculous! Joe the Plumber who wants to hear Money for Nothing has no implicit exclusive rights to be on the front row. Mark earns a lot of money from his hard core fans like Ingrid. Not from Joe the Plumber who attends one concert at his lifetime.

Offlinestormbreaker

• Camerado
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2018, 09:38:03 PM »
Thank for your message to Paul Ingrid. It is what it is like Mark sings also at the STP album. But great the way you achieved a general statement at Markknopfler.com!

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2018, 09:43:42 PM »
I don't know what do you think, but to me, it sounds like blah blah blah
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 36 queries.