Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: (10) Beryl (3:10)  (Read 150371 times)

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
Re: Lead single from Tracker: "Beryl"!! # SPOILER ####
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2015, 03:33:45 PM »
Thanks a lot Val!!
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineSultan of Swing

• Guitar George
Re: 'Beryl' Chords and Lyrics
« Reply #166 on: January 14, 2015, 03:41:57 PM »
Thank you so much foma! It's amazing how you can figure out the chords to a song in a mere couple of hours! I applaud you, sir! :clap Will you be transcribing the entire album, as you have done with previous ones?
Robin from Belgium

OfflineK-alberto

• Camerado
« Reply #167 on: January 14, 2015, 03:43:26 PM »
 I feel pretty much the same as superval, i'm a bit surprised because i'm not used to sing a song (a MK song) after the first listen.... (errr, they are five now..  ;D  )
But still, a have the impression of a very good song, one of the best for sound and a lovely melody & rythm... It's not going to be a skipper at all!!
Just one problem, actually: I WANT TO LISTEN MOREEEEEE  ;)

foma

« Reply #168 on: January 14, 2015, 03:48:06 PM »
Yes indeed! It's not couple of hours actually, it's just 15 minutes and unplugged strat, proper arranging of text takes most of the time anyway.

Offlinejoko

• Camerado
« Reply #169 on: January 14, 2015, 03:51:28 PM »
 :clap  :thumbsup 

OfflineJana

• Camerado
« Reply #170 on: January 14, 2015, 03:57:20 PM »
I like it very much. Nice strat sound. This song remembers me on "Sommer of Love".  :D
...yes I need a little water of love...

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #171 on: January 14, 2015, 03:58:14 PM »
So... Is Jan 14 the official single release date? I just downloaded the free version of Spotify on my laptop and "Beryl" does appear when you search for it but I cannot click on the "play" button... Or is this a country thing? Does it work in the US but not in Germany?  ??? ??? ???

Listening to it now on youtube. Man that organ IS annoying isn't it. That's what bothers me a bit with MK's recordings: The instrumentation is almost always the same.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #172 on: January 14, 2015, 04:08:32 PM »
I do not understand why the song Beryl was public first and then suddenly it was removed??? And who made the mistake!! It looks like we're watching a Bond movie with top secret informations and spies!! Anyway i'm glad i got the chance to listen to this soooo highly protected song!!!
They don't understand how to promote the music in the new Internet world. The main purpose of a single release is for promotion, so, why block people from listening it?
The guys uploading it to the social networks actually are doing a favor to the promotion. Even the leakage by mistake can boost the social presence, as it has been proven repeatedly.

This is something that only the Big Bright Brains that rules the record companies understand...

I think that someone in Spotify set up that Beryl will be online on the 14th automatically, but nobody told him/her that the Big Bright Brains decided that Wednesday was not a good day, and Friday was better and changed it, or they told him/her and forgot to modify the put online order for Beryl, and they noticed this morning when it had so many listens and they reacted like the Big Bright Brains are they... delete and delete and delete...

I can
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado
« Reply #173 on: January 14, 2015, 04:14:00 PM »
I take a couple weeks off from lurking to catch up on other stuff, and I miss all this???? As always, AMITers are the best! I am really digging the direction this album is appearing to take!

foma

« Reply #174 on: January 14, 2015, 04:14:28 PM »
See I listened it again and the intro seems more complicated than at first listening. So I corrected it.
In the intro there is so much stuff going on, I tried to cover whole harmony with one guitar.

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #175 on: January 14, 2015, 04:15:37 PM »
Yes I can imagine that!! But it is soooo ridiculous to play this kind of games and they should be grateful that we fans are so overjoyed to listen to this first song!!!
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #176 on: January 14, 2015, 04:16:09 PM »
So... Is Jan 14 the official single release date? I just downloaded the free version of Spotify on my laptop and "Beryl" does appear when you search for it but I cannot click on the "play" button... Or is this a country thing? Does it work in the US but not in Germany?  ??? ??? ???

Listening to it now on youtube. Man that organ IS annoying isn't it. That's what bothers me a bit with MK's recordings: The instrumentation is almost always the same.

The official date is 16th, it was moved just on the 11th but it seems something forgot about it and activated "Beryl" in Spotify, when they noticed it, it was deleted or "desactivated"

The keyboards... someone must tell Guy that there are a squirrel family screaming and / or dying painfully inside his keyboards and its listenable in the song  :o
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:31:17 PM by jbaent »
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OnlineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #177 on: January 14, 2015, 04:18:58 PM »
And it sounds like the outro has been cut for radio edit, am I right? Yes, I know what we thought about Redbud tree...

foma

« Reply #178 on: January 14, 2015, 04:21:04 PM »
I miss Guy's keyboard parts like on 'A Place': almost invisible, but one of the main part of the song.
In Beryl its the other way round, the most visible part is the organ which you easily can get rid of.

It's definitely been cut. There is should be long solo, not this short one.

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #179 on: January 14, 2015, 04:29:49 PM »
Ahh, thanks for clarifying! Also, have you been reading my thoughts? I had exactly the same screaming/dying squirrel association!   ;D ;D ;D
Let's see what happens on Friday then!

The official date is 16th, it was moved just on the 11th but it seems something forgot about it and activated "Beryl" in Spotify, when they noticed it, it was deleted or "desactivated"

The keyboards... someone must tell Guy that there are a squirrel family screaming and / or dying painfully inside his keyboards and its listenable in the song  :o
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:31:44 PM by jbaent »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 45 queries.