Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: (10) Beryl (3:10)  (Read 150359 times)

OfflineJana

• Camerado
Re: Lead single from Tracker: "Beryl"!! # SPOILER ####
« Reply #330 on: January 19, 2015, 08:54:06 AM »
The song sounds like it was put together from bits and pieces of other MK/DS songs. There is really no originality to the song. No feeling that you're hearing something new and different. Instead what I hear is recycling of older material.

I have the same feeling. As if this song is a kind of musical retrospective of DS/MK works from beginning till solo albums. May be it's the idea behind it?  :think
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:34:30 AM by Jana »
...yes I need a little water of love...

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #331 on: January 19, 2015, 09:25:08 AM »
The song sounds like it was put together from bits and pieces of other MK/DS songs. There is really no originality to the song. No feeling that you're hearing something new and different. Instead what I hear is recycling of older material.

I have the same feeling. As if this song is a kind of musical retrospective of DS/MK works from beginning till solo albums. May be it's an idea behind it?  :think

Must be, since we know him..  :lol
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineK-alberto

• Camerado
Re: 'Beryl' Chords and Lyrics
« Reply #332 on: January 19, 2015, 12:27:14 PM »
Wow, 1000 views of these chords in a matter of just a single day. Thanks for your attention to each and everyone! Will do the whole album indeed :lol

:clap :clap :clap :thumbsup

foma

« Reply #333 on: January 19, 2015, 04:03:13 PM »
I love this Guy's answer regarding covers:

OfflineJohnRossEwing

• Banned
  • Local Hero
« Reply #334 on: January 19, 2015, 05:09:38 PM »

I have the same feeling. As if this song is a kind of musical retrospective of DS/MK works from beginning till solo albums. May be it's the idea behind it?  :think

Really stunning - a Mark Knopfler Tune sounds like Knopfler / Dire Straits ! Disgraceful ! How can he dare !

foma

« Reply #335 on: January 19, 2015, 05:15:12 PM »

Really stunning - a Mark Knopfler Tune sounds like Knopfler / Dire Straits ! Disgraceful ! How can he dare !

It's exactly what Paul McCartney said when asked about his self-plagiarism. Yes, that basically means that composer have his own style.

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
« Reply #336 on: January 19, 2015, 06:14:41 PM »
IMHO this song is the best thing he ever done last ten years, after boom like that. Listened countless time and still fresh and alive. Thousand times better his any folky thing in Privateering or Get Lucky. With all the respect any other opinion of course.

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
« Reply #337 on: January 19, 2015, 08:50:23 PM »
IMHO this song is the best thing he ever done last ten years, after boom like that. Listened countless time and still fresh and alive. Thousand times better his any folky thing in Privateering or Get Lucky. With all the respect any other opinion of course.

I truly agree. Outstrips OES imho. On another level.

OfflineShai

• Camerado
« Reply #338 on: January 19, 2015, 09:02:50 PM »
It is now truly obvious to me the message that Mark is sending via Beryl.... He is basically saying that Dire Straits/MK won't be getting the "Booker" ie: Rock 'n Roll HOF induction until its "all to late". I don't know who I will be able to survive without Mark being around, but he's saying, "yeah, after I am dead and buried they'll honor us/me".
The fact that there is so much old DS influences in this track I think is Mark sticking it to them! He is being sarcastic and funny at the same time! I love it!

Saul

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #339 on: January 19, 2015, 09:46:39 PM »
Amazed that anyone would think MK would give a shit about the rock and roll hall of fame. He's won countless awards, Grammys, Brits, Ivor Novello etc.

I'd be willing to bet any money that DS have already been asked but MK won't do it because it would mean sharing a stage with David.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #340 on: January 19, 2015, 10:14:33 PM »
Amazed that anyone would think MK would give a shit about the rock and roll hall of fame. He's won countless awards, Grammys, Brits, Ivor Novello etc.

I'd be willing to bet any money that DS have already been asked but MK won't do it because it would mean sharing a stage with David.

I agree with you Dustyvalentino but just want to ask without getting too personal on MK's life, what make you think that the 2 brothers still can't stand to be on the same stage?? I'm quite new on this forum and I really don't know much about the relationship between Mark and David nowadays!! I suppose that you've discussed this matter before!!
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #341 on: January 20, 2015, 07:52:49 AM »
I love this Guy's answer regarding covers:

If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

foma

« Reply #342 on: January 20, 2015, 10:21:10 PM »
Wow, why people even bother to record something like this and upload it?
Buy a good camera, learn it properly, buy a good mic, record it properly.
I'm completely with Guy on this subject. Hate these quickie trash covers.

LoveExpresso

« Reply #343 on: January 20, 2015, 10:23:56 PM »
By the way, still waiting for YOUR cover, with three guitars at least and the nice lady singing with you!  :wave

LE

foma

« Reply #344 on: January 20, 2015, 10:36:23 PM »
By the way, still waiting for YOUR cover, with three guitars at least and the nice lady singing with you!  :wave

LE

Haha, I tried already (thanks GOD camera was not recording). Looks like it's too low to sing and there are no any good improvisers around right now.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 45 queries.