Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Bass On Privateering  (Read 8653 times)

OfflineMisterYES

• Local Hero
Re: The Bass On Privateering
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 10:52:35 PM »
The audio tracks where I feel the bass frequencies stronger are: Go love / Radio City Serenade / ......submariner. What do you think?
"Go, Love" in particular (but RCS also) is a very quiet song. In terms of playing alone. So maybe when they we're leveling volumes up, it got "boosted" even too much...(I personally doubt in that scenario, but technically, can' t think of an other reason either)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 10:55:51 PM by MisterYES »

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 03:51:29 PM »
I go back to this topic again, beacuse I to felt that many songs on privateering got too much bass.

At first I thought it was my audio car system which was a bit too cheap, but yesterday I lsitened to the Love over gold album VERY LOUD in the car (ahhhh..... the (fretless?) bass lick at the end of the title track), and I didn't get any sturation or distortion, the bass were round, but clear, while it's not the case on Go love or submariner where I got some "noisy" sounds

would it mean that the Love over gold album was better mixed back in early 80's, than the recordings in modern studios ? :hmm

Offlineolazabalrok

• Camerado
  • don't burn the pig
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 06:52:41 AM »
I like the way MK's recent albums have started to sound. Not too polished like most of the records MK or DS have released. I like that there are dynamics between different songs.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 08:38:41 AM »
I like the way MK's recent albums have started to sound. Not too polished like most of the records MK or DS have released. I like that there are dynamics between different songs.

Yes I agree, but saturation and distortion in the bass is not a good sounding option IMHO

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.027 seconds with 39 queries.