Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: bootleg 1986-02-07-Hobart- probably fake!  (Read 2463 times)

OfflineBrunno Nunes- (Universo Dire Straits)

• Camerado
bootleg 1986-02-07-Hobart- probably fake!
« on: January 15, 2018, 01:19:38 AM »
Hello Knopflerianos

I was analyzing the bootleg 1986-02-07-Hobart and I realized some details that make me believe that it's a fake bootleg!  :think

I explain.

The characteristics of the songs indicate that this recording is from the beginning of the BIA tour.

I highlight two points:

1- The duration of Ride Across the River, Wild West End, Why Worry as well as the arrangements makes it clear.

2- Mainly the end of the song Brothers in Arms, this format was last made in the bootleg Arnhem 1985-23.05.85 (quite extensive end). Another point, from the bootleg Happy Birthday Jack-09.12.85, up to the current versions of BIA, its ending is smooth, it ends with the sound of the flute. So it's about recording the first part of the BIA tour and not a show on 1986-02-07-Hobart.

This was something I had long suspected, today I've been analyzing and come to that conclusion.  :wave
Visit my Blog- Universo dire Straits (Since 2007) http://universodirestraits.blogspot.com.br/

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
Re: bootleg 1986-02-07-Hobart- probably fake!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 02:58:22 AM »
Hello Knopflerianos

I was analyzing the bootleg 1986-02-07-Hobart and I realized some details that make me believe that it's a fake bootleg!  :think

I explain.

The characteristics of the songs indicate that this recording is from the beginning of the BIA tour.

I highlight two points:

1- The duration of Ride Across the River, Wild West End, Why Worry as well as the arrangements makes it clear.

2- Mainly the end of the song Brothers in Arms, this format was last made in the bootleg Arnhem 1985-23.05.85 (quite extensive end). Another point, from the bootleg Happy Birthday Jack-09.12.85, up to the current versions of BIA, its ending is smooth, it ends with the sound of the flute. So it's about recording the first part of the BIA tour and not a show on 1986-02-07-Hobart.

This was something I had long suspected, today I've been analyzing and come to that conclusion.  :wave
Nice find, but maybe it was just a typing mistake. They did play Hobart on the 7th, but as it was tge first show of the tour in Australia they did things like they used to back in 85? Just a possible explanation... If Mark shouted the city name during So Far Away like he does nowadays, it would be easy to find that out

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

OfflineBrunno Nunes- (Universo Dire Straits)

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 03:08:48 AM »
" they did things like they used to back in 85?"

Honestly, I do not see logic in that!

In fact the first show was on 06/02/1986 King George V Oval Hobart Tasmania, then the day 07/02/1986. The person who disseminated this bootleg, disclosed with the wrong date and place.

It may be some incomplete bootleg among the top 5 available on this tour (between Live in Yugoslavia 1985 and Arnhem 1985).
Visit my Blog- Universo dire Straits (Since 2007) http://universodirestraits.blogspot.com.br/

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 09:47:47 AM »
another clue would be the intro of wild west end : by late 85 (around autumn I think, at least it features on Hammersmith in december) there was a longer intro with keyboards and saxophone, that didn't exist in the first leg of the tour

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 06:48:52 PM »
Difficult to say as they did change things around on the final leg of the tour a little and there are only two other bootlegs in circulation, one of which is a TV broadcast and may be a bit "special" in any event. 

I must admit to not having listened to this one very often as the sound is pretty bad, however I would tend to agree that it dates to an earlier period.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 36 queries.