Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 26:2013.05.30, Royal Albert Hall, London, UK # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 16968 times)

Onlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Nothing violent in Paris Bercy or N
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
  Some over zealous younger people (I think from mainland 'Europe') roughly pushing some older people out of the way. 

How would you recognize? And why is it relevant where any "pusher" would come from?  :hmm

LE

There are a couple of people who rush to the front very violently and leave other people no space because of keeping pushing them. I noticed it myself and even had to "rescue" one of our fellowfans from such an idiot. They are most of the times spanish, italian or french. And I think it's good to say where they are from (it's a fact) so maybe fellow members from those countries who we highly respect and like may tell them to behave themselves. Running is ok, being violent is not. If you are on second row standing it's still fine. Our fellowmember I rescued has bruised ribs from it and you all know that hurts.

Exactly, and that's why I thought mentioning where they were from was relevant. British people are used to queuing politely and even standing back and saying "after you", not charging forward like they're at the Paloma bull run.

It was clear from the rather frightened man in his 60s that his night had been ruined by the continental surge to the front.
I'm not surprised, France is really sick.  :disbelief
Sometimes when I travel, I'm advised not to say I'm French, but say I'm Swiss.  :think
There's no more respect, no education, no difference between good and evil. Indeed there is a difference : what was good 30 years ago is now evil, and what was evil ...
Already out of control and we're gonna have a huge problem very soon.  All those kids raised with no good manners are now parents...

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
I suspect it's more fun for him to play than for us to listen to.
+1.
I don't deny that there are some nice parts of the solo and a great deal of improvision.
Nonetheless, I find this song plain boring and does not appeal the least to me.
And replacing Sultats with SFSL is like replacing **** with **** (I go in self-censorship mode from now on, and will make my posts look like edited set-list questions/remarks on Guy's forum :p )
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
  Some over zealous younger people (I think from mainland 'Europe') roughly pushing some older people out of the way. 

How would you recognize? And why is it relevant where any "pusher" would come from?  :hmm

LE

There are a couple of people who rush to the front very violently and leave other people no space because of keeping pushing them. I noticed it myself and even had to "rescue" one of our fellowfans from such an idiot. They are most of the times spanish, italian or french. And I think it's good to say where they are from (it's a fact) so maybe fellow members from those countries who we highly respect and like may tell them to behave themselves. Running is ok, being violent is not. If you are on second row standing it's still fine. Our fellowmember I rescued has bruised ribs from it and you all know that hurts.
It reminds me of my first ever concert - Lyon '92, DS on the OES tour.
At this time there was no such things as numbered seats. They were allocated on the spot on a first come first served basis. This, all the more that it was DS heyday, generated huge queues for a very long time. 
My brother and I came 8 hours in advance. 8 hours standing queuing... can't believe I have done that when I was 18, I would not
We got the first row. Well, for 20 minutes. During the "was not was" part, some idiots started to push. They made me suffocate, I nearly fainted, a nice and strong guy managed to push back the idiots for a while. He was screaming: "He needs to breave !". I spent the concert at the back of the venue, as if I had come last minute. My brother managed to survive the front row... and told me later that he even had eye contact with MK !
So I can't say for the Spanish and the Italian, but for the French, sadly, yes, they can misbehave. Although I have never had such cases again in MK concerts. Worse I had was people screaming and talinkg so loud that I was really disturbe and irratated. Nothing violent in Paris Bercy or N

OfflineTJ

• Camerado
As I said previously, I'm not a big fan of the current incarnation of Sultans, but apparently it brought the house down when played during the first RAH show - so then Mark drops it from the set?  Almost like a slap in the face.
Talk soft, carry a big stick, and pack the biggest gun.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

LE

It reminds me of my first ever concert - Lyon '92, DS on the OES tour.
At this time there was no such things as numbered seats. They were allocated on the spot on a first come first served basis. This, all the more that it was DS heyday, generated huge queues for a very long time. 
My brother and I came 8 hours in advance. 8 hours standing queuing... can't believe I have done that when I was 18, I would not
We got the first row. Well, for 20 minutes. During the "was not was" part, some idiots started to push. They made me suffocate, I nearly fainted, a nice and strong guy managed to push back the idiots for a while. He was screaming: "He needs to breave !". I spent the concert at the back of the venue, as if I had come last minute. My brother managed to survive the front row... and told me later that he even had eye contact with MK !
So I can't say for the Spanish and the Italian, but for the French, sadly, yes, they can misbehave. Although I have never had such cases again in MK concerts. Worse I had was people screaming and talinkg so loud that I was really disturbe and irratated. Nothing violent in Paris Bercy or N

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
+1.
I don't deny that there are some nice parts of the solo and a great deal of improvision.
And replacing Sultats with SFSL is like replacing **** with **** (I go in self-censorship mode from now on, and will make my posts look like edited set-list questions/remarks on Guy's forum :p )
[/quote]

Gone are the days of 'he who pays the piper calls the tune'.

It's a shame when entertainers don't respect their audience - very sad - it's ok for MKs newer followers to cast aside these accusations but for the older generation who put him where he is today it is like being snubbed. To play one song and one song only that is synonymous with MK is not a great deal to expect. He can play it blindfolded sitting down - it wouldn't matter. He could do an acoustic version or a shortened version - just give us the song and and a few 'twiddly bits':-)

Yes the rest of the set/concerts has been played very well and the songs very enjoyable by all accounts. There is no argument there. But the omission of SOS is almost like a death knell to those who have followed his career for the last 35 years.

And it is also sad that one cannot express one's opinion without being jumped on in a defensive manner regardless of what the negative comments relate to. The man is not (a) God and we should be allowed to criticise him just like we would any other person in the public spotlight. It would also be nice for peoples opinions and feelings to be respected as without critics we would live in a very sad dour world with whatever goes, goes. Things only develop and change and move forward due to the desires and demands and wishes of the general public.

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
+1.

Gone are the days of 'he who pays the piper calls the tune'.

It's a shame when entertainers don't respect their audience - very sad - it's ok for MKs newer followers to cast aside these accusations but for the older generation who put him where he is today it is like being snubbed. To play one song and one song only that is synonymous with MK is not a great deal to expect. He can play it blindfolded sitting down - it wouldn't matter. He could do an acoustic version or a shortened version - just give us the song and and a few 'twiddly bits':-)

Yes the rest of the set/concerts has been played very well and the songs very enjoyable by all accounts. There is no argument there. But the omission of SOS is almost like a death knell to those who have followed his career for the last 35 years.

And it is also sad that one cannot express one's opinion without being jumped on in a defensive manner regardless of what the negative comments relate to. The man is not (a) God and we should be allowed to criticise him just like we would any other person in the public spotlight. It would also be nice for peoples opinions and feelings to be respected as without critics we would live in a very sad dour world with whatever goes, goes. Things only develop and change and move forward due to the desires and demands and wishes of the general public.
[/quote]

I liked what you said. I also agreed wholeheartedly about SOS. It should never be substituted by any other songs.   :disbelief

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
I understand previous comments. This has been discussed a lot. However, I think that we should remember that this is not Dire Straits anymore. And if Mark is bored to some songs it is better that he don't play them in jukebox mode. Also artist tries to evolve and I think that Mark's song writing has been getting better and better but arrangements and guitar parts has become more minimalistic. Artists often think that their last album is the best one and I think that it is the thing that keeps them going. I have never had change to hear Tunnel of love live but I am very happy that Mark is happy and I feel priviledge to see him performing frequently.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
RB says in his notes that Tom Jones was at the gig this night!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado

I was at the concert on the 31st, and being a self confessed critic of MK's solo work to the nth degree I must say I really enjoyed the concert.  However, I do have a lot of sympathy with the more casual concert goer who has spent

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
somehow i seem to remember they were not too much into each other cannot recall the exact story..(MK and TJ that is)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
somehow i seem to remember they were not too much into each other cannot recall the exact story..(MK and TJ that is)

I loved that version of Feel Like Going Home though. :thumbsup
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
I understand previous comments. This has been discussed a lot. However, I think that we should remember that this is not Dire Straits anymore. And if Mark is bored to some songs it is better that he don't play them in jukebox mode. Also artist tries to evolve and I think that Mark's song writing has been getting better and better but arrangements and guitar parts has become more minimalistic. Artists often think that their last album is the best one and I think that it is the thing that keeps them going. I have never had change to hear Tunnel of love live but I am very happy that Mark is happy and I feel priviledge to see him performing frequently.

That might be so and i agree if he was getting bored then it would be a time to stop perhaps but MK is still playing SoS so he can't use boredom as a reason - there must be something going on in his head but at present it is unfathomable.

Offlineuncle_koma

• Guitar George
I'm so happy that this is first time travel in London,To see mark knopfler, of course! And also Hope mark will come to China!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 35 queries.