Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: RSD 2024 EP The Boy  (Read 28206 times)

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
Re: RSD 2024 EP The Boy
« Reply #300 on: April 18, 2024, 07:34:45 PM »

A friend of mine bought a copy today. Unfortunately it doesn't have a record player

That's against the RSD rules totally, and an offense to anyone else waiting until Saturday.

Do we really care about the rules? Getting a copy is more important! Not stolen of course. ;)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #301 on: April 18, 2024, 07:42:43 PM »

A friend of mine bought a copy today. Unfortunately it doesn't have a record player

That's against the RSD rules totally, and an offense to anyone else waiting until Saturday.

Do we really care about the rules? Getting a copy is more important! Not stolen of course. ;)

But if the rules are flagged, lots of us miss out...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #302 on: April 18, 2024, 07:45:47 PM »

Do you know if it has a download code?

OfflineMaroretto

• Local Hero
« Reply #303 on: April 18, 2024, 07:59:15 PM »

Do you know if it has a download code?

Unfortunately no

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #304 on: April 18, 2024, 08:02:01 PM »

If you had a chance to get it early or guarantee a copy you would take it.
Many of the people who buy these on Saturday immediately put it up for sale at extortionate prices so it's much better if the real fans get a copy for a fair price.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #305 on: April 18, 2024, 08:32:30 PM »

But if the rules are flagged, lots of us miss out...

Exactly.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #306 on: April 18, 2024, 08:38:35 PM »

If you had a chance to get it early or guarantee a copy you would take it.
Many of the people who buy these on Saturday immediately put it up for sale at extortionate prices so it's much better if the real fans get a copy for a fair price.

They'll have a job as its one copy per person unless they are buying it purely to sell on..
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKris-b

• Lady writer
« Reply #307 on: April 18, 2024, 09:08:13 PM »
Our local record shop allows to preorder one album even it they don‘t know if they will get any!
As there are lots of different albums available they want to avoid that dozens or hundreds of people come at the same time when the shop opens.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #308 on: April 18, 2024, 09:55:50 PM »
Yesterday the Greek branch of the company sent us  an email that they will be delivering the RSD releases yesterday or today, but forbid to sell before Saturday. In deed they delivered today, so if someone is in this line of work or has an insider  friend, he could have the record since yesterday. Again I repeat that 3000 may seem like too few, but all previous releases, even the beautiful double 7'', were easily and cheaply found for a couple of years after their release. Of course now the hype is on another level, and we have many middle men that buy copies in order to sell at extorting prices, but I believe that in the end every die hard fan will be able to find a copy at the decent initial price. And MK is neither Taylor Swift or Lana Del Ray or Weeknd, who could claim 20.000 to be their limite editions... The MK fan base is another generation, altogether, with slightly different buying habits.
BTW, today they also delivered the limited colour edition of the new album. The same price with the standard black edition.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #309 on: April 18, 2024, 11:45:46 PM »
Yesterday the Greek branch of the company sent us  an email that they will be delivering the RSD releases yesterday or today, but forbid to sell before Saturday. In deed they delivered today, so if someone is in this line of work or has an insider  friend, he could have the record since yesterday. Again I repeat that 3000 may seem like too few, but all previous releases, even the beautiful double 7'', were easily and cheaply found for a couple of years after their release. Of course now the hype is on another level, and we have many middle men that buy copies in order to sell at extorting prices, but I believe that in the end every die hard fan will be able to find a copy at the decent initial price. And MK is neither Taylor Swift or Lana Del Ray or Weeknd, who could claim 20.000 to be their limite editions... The MK fan base is another generation, altogether, with slightly different buying habits.
BTW, today they also delivered the limited colour edition of the new album. The same price with the standard black edition.

Good point. I’ve seen various social media posts hyping RSD from various stores and nobody seems to be hyping MK.

But I guess it just comes down to FOMO. And if there’s one MK fan in the queue in front of you… :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #310 on: April 19, 2024, 01:36:54 AM »
Good point. I’ve seen various social media posts hyping RSD from various stores and nobody seems to be hyping MK.

But I guess it just comes down to FOMO. And if there’s one MK fan in the queue in front of you… :)

I lined up an hour before opening back in the day for the Honky Tonk Demos. I believe I was about 12 or 13th waiting outside this record store in Sydney and I was convinced everyone in front of me would want to buy the new DS record! Of course, no one did & I got one easily, then strolled up the road to the next nearest store where there wasn't any queue and bought another one!
I'll have another adventure into the city tomorrow & see what happens!
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflineMaroretto

• Local Hero
« Reply #311 on: April 19, 2024, 10:59:14 AM »

Inside The Boy

Offlinestratmad

• Camerado
« Reply #312 on: April 19, 2024, 03:58:47 PM »
Where did you get that from?? It's not out yet, is it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Something from the past just comes and stares into your soul...

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice episode S02E03
« Reply #313 on: April 19, 2024, 04:07:23 PM »
Maybe a person with connection to a record shop. No big deal. Or even an owner. Whatever.
Nice to see the pics. Thanks Maroretto.
So no mastering from Bob Ludwig. He really only did ODR and that's it
Love will find a Way

OfflineMaroretto

• Local Hero
« Reply #314 on: April 19, 2024, 04:44:41 PM »
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 04:53:10 PM by Maroretto »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 36 queries.