Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Someone can write the dialogue fom the video?  (Read 1503 times)

OfflineTerry82

• Camerado
  • We are the Sultans of Swing
Someone can write the dialogue fom the video?
« on: March 30, 2016, 09:00:11 PM »
Here is an short interview with MK at the Live Aid concert..
Someone can write the dialogue? I cant understand by ear, sorry
I hope that someone help me.
Thanks very much

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 09:10:42 PM by Terry82 »
I don´t need to be the king of rock; because i´m the Sultan of Swing.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Someone can write the dialogue fom the video?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 03:01:34 PM »
PG:  Mark, you have been playing, as I’ve told you before, within water balloon dropping distance of our commentary booth.  Was it at all difficult or a trial to move your equipment and stuff over to the stadium?

MK:  Well, we didn’t have far to bring it - we just had to bring it across the car park!  But it’s just technical details like no soundcheck but it really doesn’t matter because the feeling is so great [cheer in background] just listen to that and I think the crowd have been fantastic…the band…we’re all delighted to have just been able to do our bit for such a fantastic cause and speaking personally I hope it’s not the end of all this.  I hope a lot more can be done.

PG:  Well much has been said that pop musicians are now raising as much as, if not more than some governments and making their donations for famine relief.  Do you think this could be the start of something bigger?

MK:  Well, I certainly hope so.  On a massive scale for instance I was talking to an engineer friend of mine the other night about this and obviously I don’t see why there shouldn’t be an official record, I mean I know they’re playing and you’re not necessarily going to get fantastic quality but I just think that the bands would be only too happy to let the tracks go to a record and, I am talking off the top of my head here, but I can’t for the life of me understand why the bootleggers should be allowed to get away with all the money, which knowing bootleggers that’s exactly what they’ll do.  I think if we could get some official record out…I don’t see why the companies can’t get that together.  The other thing about charity is that it doesn’t necessarily have to be on such a massive scale, I mean Bob has said he doesn’t think it can happen again although I’m not so sure - the feeling was so good today he could be wrong, the Princes Trust is another thing that we support.  The other night we gave the proceeds of one of our shows to that.  We sold some expensive seats, we sold a programme stuff like that and we got about a hundred thousand pounds together which is going to help kids in England - all kinds of kids in England.  It makes you feel…it’s delightful to be in a position where you can do something and I hope that more and more of this is going to start going on.  I mean it’s not that difficult to just give up, especially a band that’s touring, it just take a little bit of work, a little bit of organising and boom you’re away.  You can generate a lot.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineTerry82

• Camerado
  • We are the Sultans of Swing
Re: Someone can write the dialogue fom the video?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 10:24:33 PM »
Thank you very much my friend
I don´t need to be the king of rock; because i´m the Sultan of Swing.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 38 queries.