Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: School photo of MK 1960  (Read 6017 times)

Offlinechrissie

• Guitar George
Re: School photo of MK 1960
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2016, 10:42:40 PM »
@Chrissie: how did you find your way here, and why? thnx for joining
do you happen to like his music too??
I Googled Gosforth Grammar School to see if there were any posts as I was feeling nostalgic. I think that's how I found this site.
Yes I do like Mark Knopflers music. Many many years ago on Miami Vice (when Don Johnson was in it) there was a shoot out scene between the goodies and the baddies. The tune they played to the slow motion shoot out at the end was Brothers in Arms. I've never forgotten that ending and got me hooked on Dire Straits. At the time I didn't realise Mark Knopfler was in the group. I just liked the music. It wasn't until there was a photo of Mark Knopfler in the paper that I realised he was the same lad I went to school with. I don't buy all and every CD I just think his music is edgy and he's a fantastic guitarist.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 11:09:17 AM »
I Googled Gosforth Grammar School to see if there were any posts as I was feeling nostalgic. I think that's how I found this site.
Yes I do like Mark Knopflers music. Many many years ago on Miami Vice (when Don Johnson was in it) there was a shoot out scene between the goodies and the baddies. The tune they played to the slow motion shoot out at the end was Brothers in Arms. I've never forgotten that ending and got me hooked on Dire Straits. At the time I didn't realise Mark Knopfler was in the group. I just liked the music. It wasn't until there was a photo of Mark Knopfler in the paper that I realised he was the same lad I went to school with. I don't buy all and every CD I just think his music is edgy and he's a fantastic guitarist.

Amazing story!  I remember that scene well.  They had another scene where they used Ride Across the River.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinechrissie

• Guitar George
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 07:18:28 PM »

Amazing story!  I remember that scene well.  They had another scene where they used Ride Across the River.

I can't remember that but I;m glad you remember the shoot out scene. It was a really good bit of telly

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 10:53:41 PM »

I can't remember that but I;m glad you remember the shoot out scene. It was a really good bit of telly

that scene was a topic on here a while back.
do you consider going to one of his shows at one point?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinechrissie

• Guitar George
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 06:56:38 PM »

that scene was a topic on here a while back.
do you consider going to one of his shows at one point?
I've never really thought about it. Big shows are always in London or Manchester and I live in the north east

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 07:32:55 PM »
@ Chrissie- MK always plays in Newcastle!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 08:33:05 PM »
Yes, Mk always plays in Newcastle. And it's usually a place for fans to meet during the tour as it's MK hometown.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinechrissie

• Guitar George
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 12:56:14 PM »
Yes, Mk always plays in Newcastle. And it's usually a place for fans to meet during the tour as it's MK hometown.
I'll keep my eyes open. One thing you can say about Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler they're talented not like so many other groups playing today

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 38 queries.