Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Royal Albert Halls - Seats  (Read 26984 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Royal Albert Halls - Seats
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2013, 11:22:42 AM »
To Superval and twm's comment, if your SETLIST is as strong as bob's was in Amherst, I wouldn't want it changed.And yes I was not too convinced about duke's playing either, but he sounds like a keeper.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineBarzofarhyme

• Camerado
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2013, 12:16:34 PM »
Got to be honest this will be my first ever visit to the RAH after years of seeing MK and DS an the NEC Birmingham. Ordered my seats through MK.com as i have done previously and have to say i'm a little disappointed to be allocated Arena B Row 11. Wasn't honestly expecting front row seats but row 11 seems a little far back for a pre-sale ticket. Was lucky enough to be front row almost dead centre at the NEC on a previous tour when also booking tickets through pre-sale. Doesn't appear that the fan club pre-sale has done us any favours this year. I know i will still enjoy listening to MK in the RAH as opposed to many of the cavernous soulless venues i have seen him in previously,but just wish i was a little closer. :)
All i do is kiss you, through the bars of a rhyme

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2013, 07:06:48 PM »
Got to be honest this will be my first ever visit to the RAH after years of seeing MK and DS an the NEC Birmingham. Ordered my seats through MK.com as i have done previously and have to say i'm a little disappointed to be allocated Arena B Row 11. Wasn't honestly expecting front row seats but row 11 seems a little far back for a pre-sale ticket. Was lucky enough to be front row almost dead centre at the NEC on a previous tour when also booking tickets through pre-sale. Doesn't appear that the fan club pre-sale has done us any favours this year. I know i will still enjoy listening to MK in the RAH as opposed to many of the cavernous soulless venues i have seen him in previously,but just wish i was a little closer. :)
I must second that. Pre-sales are great for most fans, pre-sales are wonderful for ticket scalpers (why did mk.com raise the max ticket order to 8 tickets if not to please them ?  :thumbsdown ). Pre-sales are a trap for the remaining  1 or 2 %. 

In 5 years, I've never been assigned closer than a 4th row, no matter how fast I order.
I've come to the conclusion that there's something wrong with mk.com presales, especially for those who don't order multiple seats : sent back when needed...   :clap
I think MK & PCM  should reward our loyalty from time to time. :think

Listen, last Thursday  we received our seat assignment for Zurich. I got 4th row, not bad but a bit disappointing for a late announced and expensive show.
I mean I don't think the demand was so high since most people were set and they would think twice before adding an extra 140

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2013, 07:38:31 PM »
I'm very pleased with the pre-sales!   For the 2010 tour I was allocated  front row centre seats for four concerts and the same for this tour, plus one show, second row centre, so I'm very happy with MK.com.   I must be very fast on the button!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2013, 08:09:04 PM »
I'm very pleased with the pre-sales!   For the 2010 tour I was allocated  front row centre seats for four concerts and the same for this tour, plus one show, second row centre, so I'm very happy with MK.com.   I must be very fast on the button!   ;D

I've come to the conclusion that one's "speed on the button" is irrelevant.  I am always waiting, poised, clicking refresh at the point the tickets go on sale and I have seldom got a good seat.  I'm pretty sure it's just down to luck (the seats are allocated later) and if it is, then I'm out of the running! ::)

At the very least they should be able to let you know what seat you will be sitting in before you buy.  Now we have to take the chance because all the seats in the prime area are bought up by MK.com and we don't know what seats we're buying!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 08:15:13 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2013, 10:18:23 PM »
You have magic fingers !  ;D As said most fans and many AMITers get great seats and there's no need to say I very happy for them and for you, especially this year.  :wave

I've come to the conclusion that one's "speed on the button" is irrelevant.  I am always waiting, poised, clicking refresh at the point the tickets go on sale and I have seldom got a good seat.  I'm pretty sure it's just down to luck (the seats are allocated later) and if it is, then I'm out of the running! ::)

At the very least they should be able to let you know what seat you will be sitting in before you buy.  Now we have to take the chance because all the seats in the prime area are bought up by MK.com and we don't know what seats we're buying!
Speed on the button is just a necessary but not sufficient condition. It's pretty obvious that they divide in at least two groups of priority (I have good reasons to think it could be linked to the number of seats oredered or your history).
If you're blacklisted there's nothing to do- Sometimes it will be ok, sometimes awful, never great.

It's like Champion's League quarter-final or semi-final draw, you think it's fair, but you only see what you want to see.

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2013, 12:02:44 AM »
It's pretty obvious that they divide in at least two groups of priority (I have good reasons to think it could be linked to the number of seats oredered or your history).

Actually, I am wondering about this myself..  I bought two tix for Carcassonne, and got 2nd row center (behind Val :).
For Zurich, I bought 1 ticket only, and got 4th row. 
Originally, I thought I might get a better assignment with one seat, but now I believe that the seating arrangement logic does not favor single ticket purchasers.   :(

Bummer!!
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2013, 02:12:11 AM »
You have magic fingers !  ;D As said most fans and many AMITers get great seats and there's no need to say I very happy for them and for you, especially this year.  :wave

Speed on the button is just a necessary but not sufficient condition. It's pretty obvious that they divide in at least two groups of priority (I have good reasons to think it could be linked to the number of seats oredered or your history).
If you're blacklisted there's nothing to do- Sometimes it will be ok, sometimes awful, never great.

It's like Champion's League quarter-final or semi-final draw, you think it's fair, but you only see what you want to see.

Well, if true that's just a sad state of affairs, isn't it? Speaking as someone who received seats in Row 17 at RAH, I guess I know where I stand in the MK pecking order. :'( My only alternative was to additionally buy decent tickets from another source if I  wanted to enjoy the show. I wonder if Mark is personally aware of this selectiveness and if it would bother him if he knew.

Love Expresso

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2013, 07:38:40 AM »
Row 17 sounds strange. Wasn't there a garantuee for pre-orders within the first 15 rows or something?

I ordered one single RAH ticket and got the best seat in the house. So the theory about single ordering is not 100 % sure. My confirmation mail had the same minute as the start from the pre-order (so I remember start at 10:00h, my mail was from 10:00, and not 10:01 or something...). So I was pretty fast. Plus I had ordered several times before via MK.com. Now you can make up your own theories...  ;D

LE

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2013, 09:05:09 AM »
Mrs twm also got the 17th row in the Arena for one of her RAH concerts and was not  (and still is not) happy at all. The bonzos in Toronto seem to regard a seat in the 17th row at RAH as a "good" seat. It is not!

Given that, under their system, you have to turn up on the night to collect these tickets, options are limited.  I suppose you can just give up on the tickets supplied by the bonzos  and double your ticket costs by buying better tickets "elsewhere". I suspect few AMIT-ers will do that.

Does MK care about this? Discuss.

These days, I see no evidence that he does.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2013, 11:28:19 AM »
Row 17 sounds strange. Wasn't there a garantuee for pre-orders within the first 15 rows or something?

I ordered one single RAH ticket and got the best seat in the house. So the theory about single ordering is not 100 % sure. My confirmation mail had the same minute as the start from the pre-order (so I remember start at 10:00h, my mail was from 10:00, and not 10:01 or something...). So I was pretty fast. Plus I had ordered several times before via MK.com. Now you can make up your own theories...  ;D

LE
Let  me tell you a story. In 2010, I ordered a single ticket for Montreux, confirmation email dated xx:00:49. 
I was assigned row 4 seat 16. I've never felt comfortable with that assignment. It was the most expensive show of the tour, one of the last announced.
I don't think they sold ca. 70 tickets before my order.
By chance, a friend  of mine also ordered much later than me and got an equivalent seat, then I knew ...
I emailed PCM and asked for a confirmation. They confirmed my seat...
When I picked up my ticket at the box office it was a dead centre row 1 (in fact 2nd row).
I have no idea what happened but for sure they lie and they play games.
That day I had a good surprise but I can't trust them anymore.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2013, 11:45:47 AM »
I don
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2013, 11:58:40 AM »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2013, 12:27:58 PM »
mk.com sells 6-21 rows because they know they've set up a super efficient trap.
Who would buy that kind of seats in pre-sale without the hope of getting a closer seat ?

It makes no sense to oblige us to go to the black market.
I may be wrong but I believe they don't mail tickets not to encourage ticket scalping.
These people should wake up and see the real life

They want our money, nothing else.

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2013, 02:10:19 PM »
I know why they make MK.com people pick up their tickets on the night (to keep them out of the hands of tickets touts - or scalpers) but,yes, the result is a trap for fans of good standing.

1. You pay for the tickets blind, as you have no idea which tickets you're getting. In the normal course of events, I would never buy a ticket without knowing in advance where I would be sitting. A friend of mine, in the States, has just paid out what I regard as a small fortune for a Stones ticket but at least he knew exactly what seats he'll be getting at the time he paid for them. Not knowing what you're paying for is, in my view, tantamount to fraud.
2. MK.com maintains we're getting the "best" tickets, which is sometimes true but sometimes not - and they do not differentiate.
3. Moreover, we know that the system doesn't work fairly. You'd think it would be "first come, first served" but I have severe doubts about that.
4. You'd think that, if you're getting great seats one night, you'd get less good seats another night but I've seen people who appear to get great seats every night. That cannot be down to the luck of the draw.
4. I am not aware of any arrangement whereby, once the bonzos in Toronto eventually tell you which seats you'll be getting, you can refuse them and  get a refund (preferably a full reefund but at least a refund less a small administration charge)

I accept that, in terms of seat allocation, you cannot please all the people all of the time but I find it difficult to believe that the system could not be operated in a more fan-friendly way. MK himself maintains a high moral stance on issues (such as his principled refusal to play Russia this year) but I wish he would take a similar stance on such matters as the treatment of his fans. It seems to me, as an outsider really, that PCM have a disregard for long-standing fans that does not serve MK well.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 40 queries.