Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New for 2024  (Read 63804 times)

Offlinejf9081

• Camerado
Re: New for 2024
« Reply #645 on: January 05, 2024, 10:55:28 AM »
Does anyone remember when the first information about the Golden Heart or Tracker album appeared?

Beryl single was released in January. I have to look because I have somewhere the exact first information about the album "Tracker"

"Tracker"
I remember first non-"official" information January 9, 2015. Official announcement January 16 with single Beryl. album then released on March 10th. I really hope that this time too it comes out in March. I don't think they don't exploit the media thing about the auction..

Tracker was officially announced September 16, 2014 on Mark's website long before its release.

yes, that's true, but only the album title and the (rough) cover had been announced, not the release date. the announcement of the release date as written before in January 2015.

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #646 on: January 09, 2024, 02:03:24 PM »
Why do we have to wait so long for the release date to be announced?

Because we are all slow learners.

You are right, but the waiting time is becoming unbearable:)

Don't forget that time will end all sorrow.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #647 on: January 09, 2024, 07:07:03 PM »
Why do we have to wait so long for the release date to be announced?

Because we are all slow learners.

You are right, but the waiting time is becoming unbearable:)

Don't forget that time will end all sorrow.

A song can heal a weary heart

I hope it will be soon:)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 08:19:56 PM by Robson »
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #648 on: January 10, 2024, 09:02:27 AM »
Yes, it is taking way to long now, I thought the E.P. could have been announced or even released by now, as that is something smaller and more low key.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #649 on: January 10, 2024, 09:17:40 AM »
Yes, it is taking way to long now, I thought the E.P. could have been announced or even released by now, as that is something smaller and more low key.

The fact that hasn't been announced late 2023, makes me think that it would be release in fall 2024...

Maybe they announce it in January for April hopefully  :hmm
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #650 on: January 10, 2024, 09:18:24 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's just marketing considerations. It's hard to sell something right after Christmas (and before it there's too much competition).

The one thing that worries me a bit is that since they had THAT much time, they might have tinkered with the songs too much. Something they've been occasionally guilty of in the past.

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #651 on: January 10, 2024, 09:28:29 AM »
Since Mark is Guy's employer, maybe Guy is stalling things to stay busy? "Mark, let's try microphones 39 to 294 one more time, but this time with different cables." "I think we should re-string all the guitars. Just to be sure." "Mark, have you considered your own radio show?"

:think  ;D

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #652 on: January 10, 2024, 11:16:57 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's just marketing considerations. It's hard to sell something right after Christmas (and before it there's too much competition).

The one thing that worries me a bit is that since they had THAT much time, they might have tinkered with the songs too much. Something they've been occasionally guilty of in the past.

I guess they already had everything done and wrapped before December... whatever is delaying the release is just marketing of course, I don't think they had tinkered in excess as Guy was busy with mixes of other things (atmos, the live box), producing (the TCT project and other artists) and MK was also busy with the Brian Johnson tv show shootings...

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #653 on: January 10, 2024, 02:42:49 PM »
My feeling is that we’ll see the album released before the EP, though hopefully both this year. The album was completed some time ago while the EP is a slightly more recent project, so assuming it is actually being released in physical formats the EP may still need more lead-in time before copies can be produced. In fact, the music might not even be finished yet.

OfflineMarnix

• Camerado
« Reply #654 on: January 10, 2024, 09:55:36 PM »
My feeling is that we’ll see the album released before the EP, though hopefully both this year. The album was completed some time ago while the EP is a slightly more recent project, so assuming it is actually being released in physical formats the EP may still need more lead-in time before copies can be produced. In fact, the music might not even be finished yet.

Or the EP will only be a digital release.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #655 on: January 10, 2024, 10:10:59 PM »

I hope not.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #656 on: January 11, 2024, 08:15:44 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's just marketing considerations. It's hard to sell something right after Christmas (and before it there's too much competition)

It's interesting that people 'buying' music (these days) is a serious consideration. Famously Spotify doesn't pay well for millions/billions of listens, but it also does 'special' deals, see Taylor & JRE.
At this point in time I doubt 'the best time of the year' is a consideration for MK physical music releases. Sure there may be pressure from a record company, but mostly people will stream the music, only the hardcore will buy an EP / CD. Please educate me.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OnlineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #657 on: January 11, 2024, 08:17:30 AM »

I hope not.

Looking at his last album releases, it is more likely that the EP will get a vinyl release only. In any case Vinyl will be there for sure.

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #658 on: January 11, 2024, 08:18:56 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's just marketing considerations. It's hard to sell something right after Christmas (and before it there's too much competition)

It's interesting that people 'buying' music (these days) is a serious consideration. Famously Spotify doesn't pay well for millions/billions of listens, but it also does 'special' deals, see Taylor & JRE.
At this point in time I doubt 'the best time of the year' is a consideration for MK physical music releases. Sure there may be pressure from a record company, but mostly people will stream the music, only the hardcore will buy an EP / CD. Please educate me.

The record company is who set release dates and formats, so if they give priority to release physical formats, believe that they are worth for them. They are not in the bussiness for the music, but for the money.

OnlineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #659 on: January 11, 2024, 08:31:13 AM »

Hi Fletch, I guess for CD you are right but the vinyl Market "exploded" once more during the last two, three years and it is significant again. Of course not comparable with sales from 40 years ago but important nevertheless. And the Box sets are obviously doing very well, too. So yes, physical releases getting more importance as they used to have. And Spotify is evil.

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 37 queries.