Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Censorship in the "life in songs" documentary on the SD box !!!  (Read 13591 times)

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
Re: Censorship in the "life in songs" documentary on the SD box !!!
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2012, 01:21:44 PM »
I never looked at the MK.com site but if it said it was a full concert then that is a breach of the trade descriptions act 1968:  http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/29/pdfs/ukpga_19680029_en.pdf

Of course, they aren't stupid so may have covered themselves on this with some legal loophole;  perhaps it is not implemented on internet descriptions...

In any event, they may be willing to perform some sort of customer relations exercise with you.

It's not only an internet description... It's even written on the backside of the box:

Does the word "full" means "complete" or "uncut" ?

Is the answer is yes then...
Do you mean "fool" ?
Mickey Bricks is Mercury's new hero.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2012, 06:06:29 PM »
LE and jbaent you are both right of course. I was just trying to find the excuse they might use, but I knew all along that it's not the case.
About encore, I believe that they always leave at least a couple of well known songs-requests, that have rehearsed-in order to be able to perform, and even if it is on the set list, they are considered encore. Some times two encores. Maybe i has to do with the band leaving the stage and coming back again. So if they do it after each song you might consider having 15 encores.  ;D 
Rolling stones have a poll before the gig, and find out the favourite song of the fans, and perform it even if it is not on their regular set list. Greeks voted for She's a rainbow. 
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2012, 06:28:07 PM »
If there was a poll, TOL would obviously come out 1st and SB 2nd.

:P
it cant be !

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2012, 06:37:39 PM »
If there was a poll, TOL would obviously come out 1st and SB 2nd.

:P
it cant be !
Agree. We are going to do a poll, TOL is going to come first by far, then we'll get maybe OES, SB, Punish the Monkey, oldies like WDYTYRG or Lions or OUATITW, and we are just going to piss Mark off...
I think Mark is perfectly aware that we all want TOL back, and that the audience would go hysterical the moment the first notes of the Carrousel Waltz would be played. I think he might do it again (cf. my previous posts), but with a poll we may reduce the chances from "very slim" to "absolutely zero".
I would like to quote MK himself on this now infamous Life in Songs documentary: "I think I've not been playing MFN for a while. I might play it again, I might not, but for sure I would hate to think that I -have- to play it"....
Let's Mark move by himself ! again I think 2013 will be a very special year with special anniversaries a good conditions... let him be !!

« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 06:47:04 PM by herlock »

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2012, 06:45:22 PM »
herlock, I am not pro or against a poll. If someone, like the Rolling stones do it, it is to please the fans. I believe MK has this in mind as well, when he states that he willingly plays old songs because fans like them (See one of the tour books-Shangri-La maybe?) So he is halfway there. He plays old songs, usually the ones people remember fondly, but hates requests.  ;)
I really don't miss any songs from MK at his tours. I like each and every one of them. Then again, I would love to have a special 5 hour concert where he can play everything!
TOL would be 2nd. I would prefer a new edition of the more obscure songs from the DS catalog, like It never rains.  ;D
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2012, 06:51:03 PM »
herlock, I am not pro or against a poll. If someone, like the Rolling stones do it, it is to please the fans. I believe MK has this in mind as well, when he states that he willingly plays old songs because fans like them (See one of the tour books-Shangri-La maybe?) So he is halfway there. He plays old songs, usually the ones people remember fondly, but hates requests.  ;)
I really don't miss any songs from MK at his tours. I like each and every one of them. Then again, I would love to have a special 5 hour concert where he can play everything!
TOL would be 2nd. I would prefer a new edition of the more obscure songs from the DS catalog, like It never rains.  ;D
Yes, Mark often says that the old songs are milestones for people. His choice of milestones is actually pretty good... except that I'm sure that he knows that we are all tired of R&J and would by far prefer the return of TOL to represent the MM period. But for reasons only known to him (his dad ? his ability to play it without going out of breath ?) he does not want to play it any more. But... this has been 20 years know... time for a change ? :)
I agree though that whatever he plays, a MK concert is so good that it does not really matter...
It never rains is a gem, I agree with you. Actually everything in the DS catalog is a gem, except Les Boys and Walk of life :)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2012, 06:55:13 PM »
I agree though that whatever he plays, a MK concert is so good that it does not really matter...

If the nightmare came true : DWB - WOL - The Fish and the Bird - Sony Listen -... Edit : Waltzing Mathilda - Monteleone.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 07:08:54 PM by ds1984 »
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2012, 06:59:50 PM »

If the nightmare came true : DWB - WOL - The Fish and the Bird - Sony Listen -...
Well, we could be positive about it:
- As a Frenchman like me, don't you like DWB ? it's a good one actually, a good analysis of a rich period of French History. I never understood why this triggered so much hatred,  I think Mark is right to elect this (and Rudiger, and ANISLO) as a good representative of GH.
- WOL: ok, enough of it...
- The Firsh and the Bird: it's not a bad song at all ! it is slow paced but the melody is quite haunting. And it is good to represent a bit poor KTGC album that has been treated so unfairly by both the critics and the live representation....
- Sony Liston: hum.... I could never like this one. Very boring to me. Some people love it. Can't understand why Marks wants this to represent Shangri-La, instead of the rocky BLT or the beautiful Postcards from Paraguay...

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2012, 07:02:14 PM »
Rolling stones have a poll before the gig, and find out the favourite song of the fans, and perform it even if it is not on their regular set list. Greeks voted for She's a rainbow.

Do you really believe it?

Clue : how can you explain that Waitin' On A Friend won "just" the day Joshua Redman was invited on stage by the Stones to guest on it? I litterally pissed my pants witnessing this live. Just another rock n roll swindle IMHO.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2012, 07:08:07 PM »
- As a Frenchman like me, don't you like DWB ? it's a good one actually, a good analysis of a rich period of French History. I never understood why this triggered so much hatred,  I think Mark is right to elect this (and Rudiger, and ANISLO) as a good representative of GH.

Nada there are much better song on this album. The title song to start with, AWITN, Don't you get it, Je Suis D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 07:13:10 PM by ds1984 »

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2012, 07:11:35 PM »

Nada there are much better song on this album. The title song to start with, AWITN, Don't you get it, Je Suis D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 35 queries.