Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Dire Straits book from Turkey  (Read 1300 times)

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Dire Straits book from Turkey
« on: February 11, 2022, 02:43:37 PM »
Hi.
In the next days i will receive a vintage Dire Straits-Book from Turkey. Very amazing to see that. I have bought it very fast from ebay. I´ll let you know further information when it arrives.
It was very surprising to detect such a book in turkish language. I know some turkish people in my hometown, former classmates, which can translate it into English or German. At the moment i don´t have further information, like the author, the publishing house, or the publishing-year.
 8)
We are fools to make war

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
Re: Dire Straits book from Turkey
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 04:02:16 PM »
I am reporting from Turkey. There is no dire straits book written in Turkey. There is a book in which Turkish translation of dire straits songs was published only in 1993. I don't want you to read the Turkish translations if you don't understand  :wave

This answer is written only to avoid unnecessary money waste :)

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 06:24:40 PM »
Hello naif.
Thank you for your additional information on that book i have found on ebay, anyway. OK, but that is not a problem for me to have it in my collection of DS and MK books. I also have DS Vinyl-records from all over the world, incl. Turkish issue of Brothers in arms LP-Album. So i don´t have problems with issues from other countries. :think

To me it is a very positive cultural phenomenon, because music should know no borders in the mind of different people. So i take it seriously and positively with my worldwide collection of DS and MK items from all over the world.
But it is not a Dire Straits phenomenon, because there are a lot of record-fans, which like other bands and collect also items from all over the world.
So, that is not a negative thing, my aim to collect Dire Straits items from all over the world.
If you think so, according to my person, you don´t understand me and my aim to love music and to collect worldwide. :think
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 06:31:11 PM by Klaus74 »
We are fools to make war

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 09:00:08 PM »
Hello Klaus,

Sometimes unpleasant things can happen to us on the Internet. My aim was only to inform correctly about the content of the book. I wanted you to know that it is not a biographical or informative book.

I didn't know it was a collectible purchase, my fault.

Let me give you a secret? Even I didn't know about the existence of such a book :) I was surprised after your article and I wanted to inform you with good intentions as I said. I wish you a happy weekend :wave

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 09:15:55 PM »
Hello again naif.
So, don´t panic. It is good to inform me about that book, because on the internet-offer there were no further information, but it was not a problem to me, because it was an interesting item to my collection/archive of DS and MK artifacts.
OK, to be honest in any way. A lot of other collectionists see me as a little bit "mental insane", or otherwise "crazy" with my worldwide Vinyl collection of Dire Straits / Mark Knopfler records, admittedly.

But to me it is is very important, to see and detect those various records from all that countries. Sure, the music itself is in any case the same one, but the records themselfs with the different B-sides, different artwork, graphic-designs and so on, are very fascinating to me.  To some other DS-MK-lovers and fans, it is not really important, but i can also speak and think for myself.
If i can detect an Israeli book about Dire Straits for example, or other printed media from other countries, like Philippines, Japan, Brazil, and so on, i will add it to my collection, if i can get it for reasonable prices.
Maybe you can see my aims and nessecities in case of Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler-music and items a little bit much clearer. Sorry for misunderstanding.
We are fools to make war

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 36 queries.