Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: our forum linked elsewhere  (Read 12857 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: our forum linked elsewhere
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 03:44:13 PM »
nelly, can you add the links to the amit site?
and dan, where do we need to do "what" on here??
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 11:39:18 PM »
Thanks for the link posted on the official site, i love the informal style here.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 12:04:06 AM »
Welcome on board Fletch. It's great to have you here as well and I hope you enjoy it and add your opinion in discussions.

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2009, 04:11:20 AM »
 :) Hi and welcome Fletch.  ;) Hope you have a great time on AMIT. We are all pretty friendly over here and aim to keep growing in all directions....  ;) :D

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 09:57:42 AM »
Welcome to AMIT, Fletch!   I hope you will enjoy yourself with us all here!   :D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2009, 10:00:00 AM »
Ingrid,  Your idea to post the link elsewhere is obviously working!   :D
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »
Thanks for the welcome.

I`m also a member of the MK guitar style forum, where guitar technique & gear etc is discussed - are there any plans to include equipment details and history, some guitar topics etc?
i can`t get enough of discussing this sort of thing, and learning from other peoples vast knowledge of MKs guitars (i`m sure some folks know more about it than Mark himself!)

Anyway it`d be great to see as much info as possible on such a Good looking site as this! :)
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflineTommyJ88

• Camerado
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 07:22:44 PM »
The fact that Terry wishes to censor the fact that AMIT exists just proves how important it was to start our own site where free speech is tolerated.

Things were so bad there I wasn't even allowed to call Michael Jackson a cob-knobbler.

BTW Ingrid, I think most British people (as opposed to the Government) would agree that Dutch MP guy should have been allowed in. We already allow loads of foreign extremists to actually live in the country for God's sake.  ::)

Well, I was responsible for removing that cob nobbler post, and it was definitely a bad call on my part.

For some reason I thought it was a good idea to volunteer to be a moderator at MKNews...when I did, I was told that one of the guidelines was to make sure the forum was "family safe". To be honest, I'd never heard the term "cob-nobbler" before, but when I looked it up the only definition I found was fairly crude. I asked TK what to do and he said I should delete it. In hindsight I shouldn't have brought it up...nobody seemed to find it offensive at all. Sorry about that Dusty.

Like others, I've become a bit disillusioned with that forum (I haven't been a moderator over there for ages, and I don't think I've even posted since last summer). It's over-moderated so much that it's had the life sucked out of it...I had no idea that references to this site are being deleted over there. I knew it was bad, but that's crazy.

I used to absolutely love it there, but until a day or so ago I had resigned myself to chatting to people individually. Fortunately that's when I "rediscovered" this place! I remember signing up here at AMIT some time ago, but haven't been here in some months (the last time it seemed pretty quiet...now it looks far more alive than MKNews). I can't tell you all how glad I am to have come across a MK message board like this...I've spent a while reading the topics here and this site has got the spirit of what MKNews used to be.

So, my incredibly long winded point is....I'll be coming here often!!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2009, 08:10:43 PM »
Tommy, it's lovely to have you here again amongst us - welcome back!   :D
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2009, 08:54:24 PM »
cool to see you back here, and bck at all, haven-'t seen you around the net in ages...

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2009, 08:57:54 PM »
wow, just checked the stats and it says 22 new members on 25.02 and another 12 the day after, was this where we started to see the first effects ofthis thread??

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 10:13:54 PM »
Thanks Tommy for all your kind words and it's great to have you here again! Welcome back !!
And Fletch, feel free to discuss whatever you like, also techie stuff (not my specialty btw  ???) or guitarstuff, a lot of people here know a lot about all different topics related or not related to MK.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 10:49:34 AM »

Well, I was responsible for removing that cob nobbler post, and it was definitely a bad call on my part.

For some reason I thought it was a good idea to volunteer to be a moderator at MKNews...when I did, I was told that one of the guidelines was to make sure the forum was "family safe". To be honest, I'd never heard the term "cob-nobbler" before, but when I looked it up the only definition I found was fairly crude. I asked TK what to do and he said I should delete it. In hindsight I shouldn't have brought it up...nobody seemed to find it offensive at all. Sorry about that Dusty.

Tommy, first of all so nice to have you "back" with us, not least because of your high quality DVB captures whenever MK is on telly.  ;) (By the way, did you make a HQ capture of The Story of the Guitar?)

But secondly, my complaint about cob-knobbling was tongue in cheek, it's a term that sounds rude but isn't really but to be fair to TK I can see why he would operate a "better safe than sorry" policy in such instances, so really, don't worry about it.  :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineTommyJ88

• Camerado
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 02:11:33 AM »
Tommy, first of all so nice to have you "back" with us, not least because of your high quality DVB captures whenever MK is on telly.  ;) (By the way, did you make a HQ capture of The Story of the Guitar?)

But secondly, my complaint about cob-knobbling was tongue in cheek, it's a term that sounds rude but isn't really but to be fair to TK I can see why he would operate a "better safe than sorry" policy in such instances, so really, don't worry about it.  :)

I only made a DVD recorder recording of The Story of the Guitar...and I don't think I've even watched it yet. I assume it's already been uploaded somewhere, but if it hasn't (and if nobody has a better version) I'd be happy to do the honours.

Thanks Val, Pottel, Ingrid and Dusty for the "welcome back" messages. It's great to be back and to see so many names I recognise!

(Also, for the record, I didn't mean to attack TK or anyone at MKNews in my last post...just expressing slight frustration that it's being "policed" quite so stringently.)

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2009, 03:58:39 PM »
Hey TOMMY welcome back!! It is great to see you joined us again! Oooohhhh and you have to keep your promise
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 38 queries.