Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 605897 times)

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #795 on: July 27, 2013, 01:43:27 PM »
Guy has made a cookbook! Looks great if you ask me. Think I'll buy that one!:-)
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineZeeley

• Camerado
« Reply #796 on: July 27, 2013, 02:15:37 PM »
Guy has made a cookbook! Looks great if you ask me. Think I'll buy that one!:-)

A bit early for a christmasprezzie, but it looks good

"Maybe I was born on a bad luck day,
 born under a bad sign"....

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #797 on: July 27, 2013, 02:47:01 PM »
i would like it when "cook" wasn't in the title ,and  some songs explanations and tabs how to play the live versions, behind and during the scene pictures , a MK tour interview.

For Heaven's sake we are dying for a DVD and more for years..................and what do we got , at the end of the day ? ? an Oliver Fletcher Cook Book , with the big MK initials inside, that why they did not change the setlist , Guy could not rehears to much, while busy writing his diary's , forum, and cookbook  :smack

Com 'on

I guess I wake up in a minute
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

Love Expresso

« Reply #798 on: July 27, 2013, 03:19:36 PM »
Not sure if this is the perfect point of view, Enlight... however I respect your opinion of course. But Guy has no influence in if there is a DVD/Blu-ray or not, and also this has not a lot to do with MK - it is awesome if you ask me how he dealed to get up a daily diary entry every day AND compiling this obviously good-looking book... I know it is easier these days with online printer sites and everything, but nevertheless, it is just pure fun and joy if you ask me and I understand he SURPRISED the catering crew with this gift... nice touch. He won't have any big interest in making it a bestseller or selling it by thousands, it is a special kind of souvenir... they all kept saying how great the catering was throughout the tour under sometimes difficult circumstances. So hats off to Guy! I guess it might be because of this troubling work that his latest forum answers were a bit harsh and short sometimes... no hard feelings here!

LE

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #799 on: July 27, 2013, 03:20:12 PM »
Here is the 'ususal' schedule..Mark and Guy are back in the studio in September to start putting the songs together...time out for the Holidays..the band is back in London for recording in February..mixing and production in April...album release the first week of September. All that being said..I'm looking forward to a new release September of 2014. Imho of course  ;D
what do you think the new album will be called.  ;D
"Lucky Privateers"?   ;D
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #800 on: July 27, 2013, 03:42:48 PM »
Here is the 'ususal' schedule..Mark and Guy are back in the studio in September to start putting the songs together...time out for the Holidays..the band is back in London for recording in February..mixing and production in April...album release the first week of September. All that being said..I'm looking forward to a new release September of 2014. Imho of course  ;D
what do you think the new album will be called.  ;D
"Lucky Privateers"?   ;D

Oh oh, my last one...

'The Sultan's death'   ;D
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #801 on: July 27, 2013, 04:36:53 PM »
Not sure if this is the perfect point of view, Enlight... however I respect your opinion of course. But Guy has no influence in if there is a DVD/Blu-ray or not, and also this has not a lot to do with MK - it is awesome if you ask me how he dealed to get up a daily diary entry every day AND compiling this obviously good-looking book... I know it is easier these days with online printer sites and everything, but nevertheless, it is just pure fun and joy if you ask me and I understand he SURPRISED the catering crew with this gift... nice touch. He won't have any big interest in making it a bestseller or selling it by thousands, it is a special kind of souvenir... they all kept saying how great the catering was throughout the tour under sometimes difficult circumstances. So hats off to Guy! I guess it might be because of this troubling work that his latest forum answers were a bit harsh and short sometimes... no hard feelings here!

LE

I do understand you LE , and maybe I am a bit one-sided ,

But I love MUSIC and I have nothing in common with meals , food or cookbooks. In this case more with people "moaning" about Sultans.....
I respect Guy for his musicianship and if he felt like giving  the "gathering" crew a gift for their high praised efforts he is free to do ,

though I have seen fans doing an amount of effort, geographic and financially wise during this tour, and what is his gift to them ? being harsh on his forum , his Tour Cooking Diary or the fact that he plays in Marks band ?

For sure the catering was throughout the tour under sometimes difficult circumstances,......
like it is for many women/men cooking for their kids and partner with almost no money to spend every day in and out,
next time Guy in "Undercover Boss " visiting MK fans to see how they manage it ?  :think

But off course most will congratulate him with his cookbook  and he will highly appreciate it and cheers to it .

thanks for your gift to the catering crew Guy  :thumbsup  ...........today I go for a deep fry Grasshopper , to remember  JJ Cale 

(read lightly  ;))

Love Expresso

« Reply #802 on: July 27, 2013, 06:30:48 PM »
Thanks for the "read lightly". But I would not call it a bit one-sided...

LE

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #803 on: July 27, 2013, 11:28:37 PM »
Thanks for the "read lightly". But I would not call it a bit one-sided...

LE

as much one sided as your comment , you give reasons why to take our hats off , and I why to keep it on....... for a cookbook (-:
but at least we both substantiate our view. :wave

btw what did you eat this evening LE ? :lol

No big deal , no offense , and off course! I do respect your opinion , don't get me wrong  ;)

Love Expresso

« Reply #804 on: July 27, 2013, 11:48:51 PM »
No, I just meant, Guy publishing a cookbook has ASBSOLUTELY and DEFINITELY nothing to do with poor parents not able to feed their kids, financial efforts of fans, Sultans moaners, JJ Cale's pass-away and not even with the European Finance Desaster.. it is pure joy - and he could have even put the book out in the unprobable case their SHOULD be a DVD/Blu-Ray-- so blaming him to have the NERVE to put out an cookbook, only because his latest forum answers were harsh, or whatever else reason, just makes no sense to me. And I had some grilled stuff tonight, thank you.

The main reason for my initial post was that it seems to me a big achievement to do all the stuff Guy does during travelling, may it be as luxurious as it may be, and  having the time to put up Diary entries, making great fotos AND STILL be able to compile a cookbook. That was all, It is not his fault that he world sometimes is a dark and evil and expensive place. IF so, it would be more Ianto's fault for sure!  ;)

LE

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #805 on: July 28, 2013, 01:39:19 AM »
IF so, it would be more Ianto's fault for sure!  ;)

LE

I suspected as much all along!  ;D

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #806 on: July 28, 2013, 01:45:14 AM »

LE

LE

LE

I totally second your point of view LE

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #807 on: July 28, 2013, 03:54:29 AM »
Three times as is seems Ingrid  ;D

I understand that Guy cannot change the world, but when people say that the catering had difficult circumstances
during the tour and because off that a cookbook is in its place , I simply suggest why a gift to his fans should not be in place also.
The difficult circumstances the catering had were not financial , but was it such a big deal they had to manage?

so again I rather had seen a  gift to the fans (Too)
like I mentioned: a nice book with e.g.some songs explanations and tabs how to play the live versions, behind and during the scene pictures , a MK tour interview , you name it!

The fans  give too: ( just as the catering do)
as I motioned:
I have seen fans doing an amount of effort, geographic and financially wise to see this tour. ( and than again , nobody force them)

Grasshopper is an album by JJ Cale as you know , and you can fry those insects (just a joke), though I did gave that album a listen,
and enjoyed it with mixed emotion and last mentioned had indeed nothing to do with Guys cookbook , but simply with JJ only , so not fair from me to make that remark  :-[

I also get it that Guy is not the guy who can force Mark to bring out a live CD/DVD , I only said  I rather have that than a cookbook, and the fans are waiting for that a long time.

I did not say that he world sometimes is a dark and evil and expensive place for common people with problem cooking , they can be very happy in what they achieve .

I saw it more from a fan kind of view than from Guy's point of view , and off course he is absolutely free in selling a cookbook , so if I was (little bit ) harsh on Guy , I apologize.
And I am sorry the catering had a hard time during this tour and compared them with common people who can have a hard time cooking too .

The bottom line its a nice gesture from Guy to the catering , I only took it on for the fans who I thought imho  would like a book  with some songs explanations and tabs how to play the live versions, behind and during the scene pictures , a MK tour interview , you name it....also.

I respect the people who love his cookbook, and if they happy with it ...........so am I.
And I hope for the fans that maybe in the future he will create a kind of fan-book.

I did not use capital letters  there i am sure you can read it without , you don't have to agree off course. ;)

though I realize mine bottom line did not really became one , its in the middle. :smack

Love Expresso

« Reply #808 on: July 28, 2013, 03:59:25 AM »
I rest my case.

LE

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #809 on: July 28, 2013, 04:26:45 AM »
I'm sorry to sound harsh.. But that book has NOTHING to do with the fans and everything you mention. It's because Guy likes it. I don't understand why you are making such a problem because of his cookbook..
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.734 seconds with 47 queries.