Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Boothbay concert 15 years ago  (Read 9197 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: Boothbay concert 15 years ago
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2021, 11:22:30 AM »
It's always great to see MK performing in such a different environment. I saw him in the Chalke Valley History Festival (the mud festival) and it was such a great experience, specially since he played "Occupation Blues" for the first and last time live, such a great surprise!

Mud being the underlying word! It was everywhere! Seeing MK look like a typical 'Country Gent' there was amazing and priceless - flat cap, wax jacket and wellys on!!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2021, 01:22:16 PM »
Rewatched it as I was doing work tonight. It's great.

I think it's particularly nice to hear Richard's electric guitar parts a bit more clearly. Sometimes he gets hidden behind other sounds I think. The version of DWB is really great-it just shows how important the bouzouki part is.

Couple of interesting choices not to include Guy though. No organ parts in PfP or DG. He's played organ in both in some of the smaller gigs before.

Welcome Elliott, great first post! I agree with you it was brilliant to hear Richard accompany MK perhaps like you say a bit clearer than we are all used to as he is often 'lost' in the mix at a concert! Love his style of playing....

Not sure why that showed up as my first post. I haven’t posted tons but that’s most definitely not my first.

Thanks for the welcome though!

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2021, 01:43:59 PM »
It's always great to see MK performing in such a different environment. I saw him in the Chalke Valley History Festival (the mud festival) and it was such a great experience, specially since he played "Occupation Blues" for the first and last time live, such a great surprise!

Such a beautiful set.

Privateering
Haul away
Mighty man
Sailing to Philadelphia
Done with Bonaparte
Occupation blues
Piper to the end

Another concert without drums :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2021, 02:18:46 PM »
Rewatched this a few days ago and have to say the one thing that stood out for me was that his vocal carried the show at times.  We even got the Paraguay-eee moments!  It was very good that night and surprising to see how much that has also declined since then.  R&J simply doesn't work without the full band though in that he can't pull it off with his voice.  The last time he sang that well was Mandela show 1988.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2021, 02:33:51 PM »

I think it's particularly nice to hear Richard's electric guitar parts a bit more clearly. Sometimes he gets hidden behind other sounds I think. The version of DWB is really great-it just shows how important the bouzouki part is.

Couple of interesting choices not to include Guy though. No organ parts in PfP or DG. He's played organ in both in some of the smaller gigs before.

Welcome Elliott, great first post! I agree with you it was brilliant to hear Richard accompany MK perhaps like you say a bit clearer than we are all used to as he is often 'lost' in the mix at a concert! Love his style of playing....

Not sure why that showed up as my first post. I haven’t posted tons but that’s most definitely not my first.

Are Elliott Hodges and MagicElliott one and the same person?   If so it explains why your "first post" is under Elliott Hodges and MagicElliott has 51 posts. ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2021, 03:29:30 PM »
Ah that would make sense Superval!!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2021, 03:49:31 PM »

Such a beautiful set.

Privateering
Haul away
Mighty man
Sailing to Philadelphia
Done with Bonaparte
Occupation blues
Piper to the end

Another concert without drums :)

Yes, I personally enjoy MK without drums. It puts his playing and singing into another perspective...

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2021, 05:47:51 PM »
Exactly!
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2021, 01:06:37 PM »

Are Elliott Hodges and MagicElliott one and the same person?   If so it explains why your "first post" is under Elliott Hodges and MagicElliott has 51 posts. ;)

Yeah that would both be me. Think I typed that message from my laptop but normally post from my phone. How strange. Sorry to cause confusion.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2021, 04:39:45 PM »

Yeah that would both be me. Think I typed that message from my laptop but normally post from my phone. How strange. Sorry to cause confusion.

Sorted!!!! : :thumbsup

OfflineBoom Like That

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2023, 03:58:35 AM »
Does anyone have good photographs from the Boothbay show?  :D

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2023, 07:43:07 PM »
Does anyone have good photographs from the Boothbay show?  :D

Ok so now that we know what your profession is please tell us why you ask for them?

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2023, 08:22:11 PM »
I guess for the MK guitar collection catalogue as she explained in the other thread.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineBoom Like That

• Guitar George
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2023, 08:45:57 PM »
I guess for the MK guitar collection catalogue as she explained in the other thread.

Yes exactly - I was just trying to track down photos of a guitar that was played at Boothbay. To be clear, we license and pay for all photos in our catalogues - nothing would ever be used without permission. But no worries, we managed to find that one :)

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2023, 08:58:28 PM »
Thank you. Are you into MK's music or is it "just a job" for you if I may ask. I think it's nice to see that you chose AMIT for your research.

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 34 queries.