Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #62:2010.06.28, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, Netherlands  (Read 24279 times)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Re: Concert #62:2010.06.28, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, Netherlands
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 07:39:07 PM »
How to ruin yourself a HMH concert.

1) Travel to Amsterdam the day of the show
2) Leave Paris on the early...afternoon
3) Find out that your train is at least 20 minutes delayed because it arrive late from Amsterdam
4) As the train is not reaching inbetween stations at planned time, you have to wait that "the" platform become available and thus get extra late time
5) Once arrived have a looong waiting queue at the information center to buy your "48 uur" travelcard.
6) Not buying your ticket from MK.com and see lot of people getting before you.
7) The bloody scanner can't read the barcode on your home printed ticket and see another bunch of people come in
8) Once in, you think to have found a nice spot but you are so thirsty but if you leave diffuiculdt to be back
9) Have a try to buy drink but to pay you have to queue in another long line to buy token before beeing able to order at the bar - too long so back to the spot in the inside venue
10) Then arrive next to you two ladies will full of soft alcoolised drinking (but none for you) - that mean with the high temperature that they are nicely drunk and from start to finish they chat, laugh out loud and, take photo  without any discretion and occasionaly let you enjoy the music.
11) Not being aware that your ticket allowed you to go seated.
12) Feel fucking tired with all that stress and the noisy people next to you while the band is delivering  a really great performance and what you want then is to go out and have some rest...And this as soon as the third song.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 12:26:29 AM »
but it was a good show huh ds?? ;D ;D ;D
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 09:45:34 PM »
THE CONCERT WAS GREAT!!! :P

I LOVED it, enjoyed it, the music was perfect!! I would love to hug Mark and the musicians and tell them I feel like I am in heaven!  :-*........Uuuhhh do I have to say more?  ;D

Besides the concert it was wonderful to meet so many friends from this forum. I wished we could have spent more time together, but perhaps we have that change next Tour.

Ds1984 I heard about your traveling problems when you SMS-ed with Nelly. I was glad that you were on time at the concert and that we could meet also. I hope the second concert was better for you and that you didn't have any problems anymore.

I just read Isaac's blog about Amsterdam and he made me laugh the way he described our food and the run to the stage!  ;D

I have been busy with my pictures and video's, but asap I will try to write a review.  ;)

Here is already a picture of the group of fans who met each other at the HMH, there were more people, but some had to leave earlier to catch the train or had to drive a long distance! Of course also Isaac, Jeroen Gerrits and Ingo with his wife and son from Germany were there.

Fieneke
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 09:48:35 PM by Fieneke2 »
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 09:53:28 PM »

As you all know it is forbidden to videotape during the show when they are singing and playing because it is disturbing for Mark, the guys and people in the audience. OF course I respect Mark's wish and didn't record during the show, you all know I am a chicken!  ;D

BUT I thought there is no harm in that I recorded during the break and twice at the end!  ;D Lucky my photo camera has 14x zoom! ROFL

Btw a big guy in front of me and people next to me were waving their arms and pushing me, so I had to move now and then, that is a pity!  >:(

N0VUzIuKqKk

erzXdDCdYO8

ZXWjdQI6llk

Ooohhh and ladies I have some beautiful close-up pics again and will share them this weekend!  ;D Be prepared!  :P

Fieneke
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 09:59:42 PM by Fieneke2 »

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2010, 10:17:47 PM »

I wished we could have spent more time together, but perhaps we have that change next Tour.

I hope so.
This a valid reason for Mark to do at least another tour.

Ds1984 I heard about your traveling problems when you SMS-ed with Nelly. I was glad that you were on time at the concert and that we could meet also. I hope the second concert was better for you and that you didn't have any problems anymore.

Fieneke

Thank Fieneke.

It was a pleasure to meet you again and to have a drink with all.
These pre or aftershow make these gigs very special, the idea of meeting all those nice people make forget these insane miles and hours spent in trains.

And day 2 answer is here  ;D

« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 10:20:46 PM by ds1984 »

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2010, 10:44:55 PM »

I LOVED it, enjoyed it, the music was perfect!! I would love to hug Mark and the musicians and tell them I feel like I am in heaven!  :-*........Uuuhhh do I have to say more?  ;D

Besides the concert it was wonderful to meet so many friends from this forum. I wished we could have spent more time together, but perhaps we have that change next Tour.

I just read Isaac's blog about Amsterdam and he made me laugh the way he described our food and the run to the stage!  ;D

I have been busy with my pictures and video's, but asap I will try to write a review.  ;)

Here is already a picture of the group of fans who met each other at the HMH, there were more people, but some had to leave earlier to catch the train or had to drive a long distance! Of course also Isaac, Jeroen Gerrits and Ingo with his wife and son from Germany were there.

Fieneke

I'm not on it too :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( I didn't knew this picture was taken :-\
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2010, 10:58:00 PM »

Fieneke

Thanks so much for this pic. It truley was great to meet everyone again.
Of course the gig was amazing, but meeting eveyone before & after, truley  
makes for a much richer experience.

A very special thank to Ingrid, who once again was the pefect host.

Until next time. :)

Cheers    BBB

BTW. Who is the fat balding man on the left with the England shirt on??????? ;D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:00:11 PM by Best Brown Baggies »
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2010, 06:58:09 AM »
Fieneke,

Wondeful picture of you guys all.  Everybody looked so happy.  But will you put some names on the pix so, I can put names to faces.  And yeah, I can't wait for those close up of Mark.  Thanks for the videos, will watch them soon. 

Fieneke, what's your website that you dedicate for MK?  Can you put a link here for me?

THANKS,

OfflineJeroenvG

• Lady writer
  • Follow me on "twitter.com/vanDiemensLand"
    • Alles Muziek (Dutch)
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2010, 08:49:10 AM »

Fieneke

Hey Fieneke,

Thanks for the picture, it was great to meet you all. I miss it allready, maybe next time we could all follow Isaac?? No just kidding!

See you in at least two years.

Ps. I am the third person from the right at the bottom line. With the orange shirt and the sunglasses.
"I could play my accordion And charm all of the women And dance round the taproom With a chair in my teeth"

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2010, 09:45:12 AM »
At the front in grey: Nelly
First row sitting from left to right:
Nigel, Ton, Ingrid, Fieneke, No

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2010, 03:18:05 PM »
Jean Yves, I am glad to hear that your second day was great!  ;)

Dear Stefan, I didn't know either that this picture would be taken, until No

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2010, 09:48:26 PM »
Here are more pictures!!  :P

I will write a review soon and as soon as I have put all the pictures I made at my Facebook page, I will post a link again and share it with all of you!  ;D

Fieneke

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2010, 10:30:29 PM »
TY Fieneke  :)

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2010, 08:54:48 AM »
Fieneke,

Thanks for the names.  I'll be dreaming of MK tonight after I looked at all these photos.  They are awesome !

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2010, 08:35:58 PM »
Fieneke, great, great, great pictures!!!
My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 38 queries.