Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Recordings from this tour  (Read 156872 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Recordings from this tour
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2010, 01:50:31 AM »
no, you can buy them from everywhere.
and i am pretty sure that the official recordings will not be allowed on the tracker, but who knows, maybe the audience recs.??
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2010, 07:58:51 AM »
no word of banning audio.
good to hear zou are taping tunnel.
i did do RAH and Bournemouth, and will do Antwerp, Cologne, Oberhausen, Amsterdam (1 and 2) and Wuerzburg.
Well done !
Hopefully I will tape Prague, Montreux, Monaco #2, Lyon and Nimes.  ;D

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2010, 09:01:42 AM »
Record the shows that you'll go to, sirs.  We can share aud recordings on the tracker, and the official ones are lossy.  And I'd love to have the aud and SBD both, to enjoy and appreciate the atmospheres of the stage and the audience group.

Wishes
Allen
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinepamplina

• Camerado
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2010, 09:40:45 AM »
this new soundboard recordings will be able via tracker?
we can use it to mix to videos of the tour?
I live in argentina and I have 18 years, so I dont know how to buy this concerts and also I read that you can only buy from uk
Emiliano, to both questions: No and No. Sorry.
We're deliberating of allowing audience recordings from the officialy released shows, but we have to consider the pros and cons.
Greetings from Cadiz, Spain :-)

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2010, 10:10:51 AM »
no word of banning audio.
good to hear zou are taping tunnel.
i did do RAH and Bournemouth, and will do Antwerp, Cologne, Oberhausen, Amsterdam (1 and 2) and Wuerzburg.
Well done !
Hopefully I will tape Prague, Montreux, Monaco #2, Lyon and Nimes.  ;D

Good news that audience recordings will still be allowed. In some instances these can be more enjoyable than those from the soundboard, as you get more feeling for the exitement of the audience. So well done guys and a big thank you to all those who record and share. Don't quite know why, but I'm particularly looking forward to hearing Bournemouth.

edit - just read this disappointing news on KnopflerTK
"All the shows from the Get Lucky tour starting on May 30, 2010 and so on will be sold officialy on the site http://simfylive.com. So all this shows are considered OFFICIAL STUFF as set on the site rules.
Alternative audience recordings of these shows, although they aren't strictly official stuff, WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE KNOPFLERTK. We take this rule because we do not want to interfere with the official sales, that we think are a good initiative for the fans. It's possible that the audience recordings could be allowed in the future.
The video recordings of these shows WILL BE ALLOWED by general rule, whenever they include only the original audio track from the video camera."

« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 02:42:18 PM by FenderBender »
This baker's boy from the West Country

Offlinedannyjun

• Camerado
« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2010, 03:09:49 PM »
Sorry, but this is nonsence. Really.

I have to quote myself:

The tracker is very little community for hard-die fans, it would not effect sales of those official recordings, and don

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2010, 03:24:59 PM »
And yesterday Mark did point again someone during a song.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2010, 04:29:07 PM »
Silly I think, the audience recordings are no substitute for an official and will not interfere with sales.

Presumably the audience bootlegs of the shows that made up Alchemy and On the Night will now also be banned?

I'll be happy with a couple of the official recordings but I know others will want every show and maybe can't aford to buy 30 official shows. I guess they'll just go to Dime instead.  :-\
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2010, 04:43:24 PM »
Again I agree with you Dusty. I collect all shows, but I won't buy them all. I already bought May 30th (it seems May 31 and June 1 will not be available). Before I was home from the UK I was thinking about buying the download of May 30 and the stick from May 31. But May 31 is not for sale (yet). The next I will buy will be one of the shows I am going to as well. But buying 30 x EUR 15 = EUR 450 is a little bit over the top. But I still want to listen to them.  :(

Love Expresso

« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2010, 05:00:57 PM »
I wonder how long this stuff will be available? I asked PC about it on sunday (I indeed did...  :o) and his answer was funny: "Well, probably forever, which
means for two weeks at least..." or something like that... I think I want Hamburg in every case, because that is my next show (as I mentioned earlier several times now...,), but when the tour is over I like to have a look which concert is rated the best one maybe or download two or three alternative ones, maybe with changed setlists. So let's hope this stuff is available at least for 2010... Any experiences with this anybody?

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2010, 05:13:16 PM »
No audience recordings allowed on KnopflerTK!   :o  I am really shocked.   What a very silly thing to do.  I thought they were fan-friendly on that site, but obviously not.    I suppose they can still be uploaded on Dime and there are lots of other sites on which to upload.     I was hoping to hear the concert I attended in Bournemouth as it is not one of those available officially.   :-\  I think this could be a shot in the foot for KnopflerTK!    I hope they change their mind on this policy!  

What I don't understand is why they will still allow VIDEO recordings - something that MK detests!    :o
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:15:00 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2010, 05:19:14 PM »
Oh, and if knopflertk want to be consistent I assume they will ban all the DVDs made with soundboard audio from 2005.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2010, 05:28:22 PM »
No audience recordings allowed on KnopflerTK!   :o  I am really shocked.   What a very silly thing to do.  I thought they were fan-friendly on that site, but obviously not.    I suppose they can still be uploaded on Dime and there are lots of other sites to upload on too.    I was hoping to hear the concert I attended in Bournemouth as it is not one of those available officially.   :-\  I think this could be a shot in the foot for KnopflerTK!    I hope they change their mind on this policy!   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Val, me too !  Is that why we haven't seen any new audience recordings up lately at knopflertk? Or did anybody record any shows in Europe  at all ?

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2010, 05:59:01 PM »
Sorry, but this is nonsence. Really.

I have to quote myself:

The tracker is very little community for hard-die fans, it would not effect sales of those official recordings, and don
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:05:13 PM by tunnel85 »

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
« Reply #149 on: June 02, 2010, 06:17:05 PM »
According to the new rule, recordings of the gigs before 30 May can still be posted on the tracker and I don't think any other torrent site has implemented this policy, so recordings can be posted elsewhere.

Apart from Birmingham, I haven't seen recordings from the UK or Ireland anywhere else. Hope this means they are just taking their time to appear rather than there aren't any to be had.

However I think I read that Pottel has recorded Bournemouth, so hopefully we can look forward to hearing that one once he has finished his residency at the Royal Albert Hall and his RAH recordings via dime or somesuch site.
This baker's boy from the West Country

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 41 queries.