Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Royal Albert Halls - Seats  (Read 27112 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Royal Albert Halls - Seats
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2013, 01:49:47 PM »
Front row isn't always that great if you are along the very end of the row.  Depending on the venue you may be better being 10-15 rows back.  I had a loudspeaker in front of me all night at the SECC in 2010 and Lucca 2010 wasn't much better (both front row, at the end).
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2013, 02:07:22 PM »
Front row isn't always that great if you are along the very end of the row.  Depending on the venue you may be better being 10-15 rows back.  I had a loudspeaker in front of me all night at the SECC in 2010 and Lucca 2010 wasn't much better (both front row, at the end).
These Canadian guys think that end of row 21 (or row 10, 15,.. )Arena is one of the best seats of the venue.
I doubt they would understand any complaint about front row  ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:38:11 PM by tunnel85 »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2013, 02:17:26 PM »
[/quote
These Canadian guys think that end of row 21 (or row 10, 15,.. )Arena is one of the best seats of the venue.
I doubt they would understand any complaint about front row  ;)

Yeah.  I even got a row from security on both nights for rushing the stage for the encores! :disbelief
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2013, 03:07:55 PM »

The issue is really the advertising and the seat assignment process.

Yes I had same problem with RW presale or with the Rolling Stones fan club.
But I am still not convinced that with a "picking" system I could have managed to get row one at RAH and elsewhere but it would be a great improvement to be able to see instantly what seat are allocated, and subsequently to be able to reject them (at your own risk...).
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2013, 06:06:30 PM »

The issue is really the advertising and the seat assignment process.

Yes I had same problem with RW presale or with the Rolling Stones fan club.
But I am still not convinced that with a "picking" system I could have managed to get row one at RAH and elsewhere but it would be a great improvement to be able to see instantly what seat are allocated, and subsequently to be able to reject them (at your own risk...).
You're absolutely right : forget row one without mk.com.
But if you're not one of the happy few, mk.com is just one of the worst ticket providers, if not the worst.

As of today I have 13 tickets for the tour and the poorest service is clearly mk.com  :-[
Even for a General admission ticket, they don't  give us a priority queue (according to our Toronto fellows).

Offlinedreamsound

• Local Hero
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2013, 06:49:07 PM »
Could anyone advise when the MK.com presale tickets are available for pick-up? The confirmation email says "on the day of the show", and the box-office is open since 9 a.m., does that mean that I will be able to collect the ticket at 9 a.m? Does anybody know?
A security guard said it was total foolishness on our part to attend the show in the rain. We laughed and said we were indeed the most foolish folks in the world. --Tee, JTO

Love Expresso

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2013, 07:00:47 PM »
You will get another confirmation/information mail from mk.com shortly before the show. There you will find all details to pick up the tickets. It's quite easy.

LE

Offlinedreamsound

• Local Hero
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2013, 07:09:35 PM »
Thank you! I thought I'd get it, but it's important to know the opening time as earlier as possible, so I decided to ask here. Ok, will be waiting for the info...
The point is that I won't be able to attend the show on 28th of May, as I am leaving London at 10-46 from Victoria station. If I could collect the ticket from 9 to 10 a.m., it might be possible to sell it... Otherwise I will have it intact and it's pretty sad...
A security guard said it was total foolishness on our part to attend the show in the rain. We laughed and said we were indeed the most foolish folks in the world. --Tee, JTO

Love Expresso

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2013, 07:11:55 PM »
What seats?

LE

Offlinedreamsound

• Local Hero
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2013, 07:14:06 PM »
Arena F, row 7, seat 32

Love Expresso

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2013, 07:24:42 PM »
Thanks!

I have my only London show on Monday but was thinking about doing another. So maybe I would be a candidate for you ticket if you are willing to sell it. I would be at the Hall whenever you wish.
I have to think about it, though. Haven't booked a flight yet but I am about to do it this week. One more day and one more show would be nice...

If you have any questions or suggestions or whatever, feel free to pm me!  :wave

LE

Offlinedreamsound

• Local Hero
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2013, 07:36:15 PM »
I hope actual collecting time will not be that late as for example in Lisbon 2010 (2 hours before the show)... I can change my departure time, but it cannot be later than 2-3 p.m.... Will try to ask mk.com now, probably they have any idea about the time already. Thanks for your attention LE, will keep you informed.

Update: MK.com people have just replied. They are expecting pick up time info confirmed within the week.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:19:48 PM by dreamsound »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 41 queries.