Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 610017 times)

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #825 on: July 29, 2013, 09:17:29 PM »
... each of them has been the best?   :think
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #826 on: July 29, 2013, 10:37:23 PM »
Haha, Mark says he joined in 1983 and never went away, that's why I said so.
But still strange: I can talk from the 1985 tour on, and so can Guy. But I know he is a lot older, mmmm, about 8 years is a lot isn't it  ;D

Listen to some of the band introduction carefully , Mark mostly add the words " I Think.." before/after "1983".......  :)During other tours I can remember he sometimes said "eighty-five or so" or "since the (early) eighties"

I never would have the nerve to ask a lady about her day of birth , but I was only 16/17 years old during the BIA tour ,
so Guy is an "oldie" for me .......you are not off course :lol  (oops) 
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #827 on: July 29, 2013, 10:54:29 PM »
Question today on his forum:

What are the chances of a new album from MK in 2014?

Guy: Well that's next year and we haven't anything recorded, so I doubt it

That probably means no new record in 2014  :disbelief

Makes me wonder what they will do the rest of 2013 besides do a tour for let's say 3 weeks in october.... :think

Love Expresso

« Reply #828 on: July 29, 2013, 10:59:06 PM »
If the tour the US this autumn, there will be not any other action this year for sure. Maybe first steps in the studio End Nov/Dec...

In recent years, it was not impossible at times after a tour that new recordings take place. First takes with Guy in Oct/Nov, Band comes in January/February, mixing in May, release in Sept... but now that MK has found out how great it is to fiddle around and work more detailed in his very own
studio, this schedule seems to be broken. I guess the first half of 2014 will bring some studio stuff maybe a new diary. Mark always changes, so maybe he does a very fast written, fast recorded and fast released album, maybe 9 or 10 songs, after this double album...

LE

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #829 on: July 29, 2013, 11:27:28 PM »
No tour in 2014, that's for sure. He has been on the road since the GL tour.....

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #830 on: July 29, 2013, 11:36:16 PM »
If the tour the US this autumn, there will be not any other action this year for sure. Maybe first steps in the studio End Nov/Dec...

In recent years, it was not impossible at times after a tour that new recordings take place. First takes with Guy in Oct/Nov, Band comes in January/February, mixing in May, release in Sept... but now that MK has found out how great it is to fiddle around and work more detailed in his very own
studio, this schedule seems to be broken. I guess the first half of 2014 will bring some studio stuff maybe a new diary. Mark always changes, so maybe he does a very fast written, fast recorded and fast released album, maybe 9 or 10 songs, after this double album...

LE

I do agree with you LE except the last part. It's not MK-like to have a fast produced album.

Love Expresso

« Reply #831 on: July 29, 2013, 11:39:43 PM »
It was more wishful thinking!  ;) Maybe they have some songs left from the Privateering sesssions...

2014 tour I would never expect. Even if they really would release a new album in 2014 (it's time now for the eagerly awaited GEORDIELAND once for all...)
an appendent tour would not start before April 2015 - which would be the usual schedule again!

Isn't it great to speculate about a new album and tour and the last one is not even done!

LE

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #832 on: July 29, 2013, 11:43:07 PM »
But now Guy said he doubt an album in 2014 I think it will be album in 2015 and tour in 2016  :'(

Love Expresso

« Reply #833 on: July 29, 2013, 11:46:35 PM »
Maybe he fears another loooong session at BG like the Privateering one again. You never know. Mark might surprise him and call him and the boys back for recording work before you know it. I read it too and thought he just wants to keep the tension low. Remember after the Bob tour they were so energized that they recorded immediately after that. Haul Away is from the day after the London-Hammersmith-Bob-Last-Concert.
No, you won't be able to break my optimism tonight!!  :)

LE

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #834 on: July 29, 2013, 11:49:51 PM »
You could be right. If Mark has a lot of songs, why not do a short tour in the US (which seems to be the case) and in February/March going in the studio and another album in September.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #835 on: July 30, 2013, 12:07:08 AM »
I like that one but the album can also come late 2014. Why always september?
i mean, have a few weeks off before the small tour in october.. Start with the new album in jan 2014 and i'm sure it wil be in shoppes around Christmas......

Offlinelouisewickson

• Guitar George
« Reply #836 on: July 30, 2013, 03:34:51 AM »
MK Wikipedia entry has listed a Las Vegas show in October - has this really been announced? Is there any info or speculation on where else the band may play?

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #837 on: July 30, 2013, 10:19:22 AM »
MK show Las Vegas is already there for a month or so. Someone asked Guy. He first confirmed it, later he changed the answer in: check out the official site regularly, or similar.
Speculation: I heard that there would be 5 or 6 shows in the westcoast and that's all for the states. As said, it's hear-say, but source should know something about it, so I think it's save to say we will have 5 or 6 shows in the westcoast end of october.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #838 on: July 30, 2013, 01:36:57 PM »
Why all this trouble for only 6 concerts. If you take a look at everything that comes with a tour i would say 2-3 weeks of touring in the USA is normal.....
Than again, i could be wrong......... :wave

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #839 on: July 30, 2013, 03:13:25 PM »
Why all this trouble for only 6 concerts. If you take a look at everything that comes with a tour i would say 2-3 weeks of touring in the USA is normal.....
Than again, i could be wrong......... :wave

This is not a normal tour but a promo mini tour to support the US release of Privateering.

Still only 6 west coast shows sound very little to my ears. I would say a dozen (half east / half west plus one or two canadian ones)
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 40 queries.