Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #2:2011.10.08, Braehead Arena, Glasgow, UK # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 61943 times)

OfflineMarkB

• Guitar George
Re: Concert #2:2011.10.08, Braehead Arena, Glasgow, UK # SPOILER AHEAD #
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2011, 10:41:20 PM »
Wonderful video, Bob in great voice and it's obvious he is really enjoying himself.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2011, 10:56:46 PM »
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2011, 10:59:45 PM »
bob's got a lot of "oooooh's" in that song....just hit me.
gimme THC anytime over TUIB, but still, nice to see the old man smiling away like that.
also, what the F. is Tony doing on the wrong side of the stage??

Love Expresso

« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2011, 11:02:47 PM »
thc? Blimey, I thought you'd go for cannabis... Took me a while to work it out...

LE

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2011, 11:10:10 PM »
things have changed, for the BD-challenged amongst us...

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2011, 11:21:41 PM »
Great video, brings it all back...
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2011, 02:09:46 AM »
Just back from Glasgow and after sharing the Knopfler and Dylan recordings, now I want to share some experiences with you.

It was great to met Dusty and Dmg, and a pitty that I dont met Tunnel85, because when I spot him was too late, he was getting into a taxi when I was desperatly looking for one  ;) next time man!

I had a surrealistic experience with some Dylan fans. I got to the venue late, 30 minutes before opening doors, and I spot some spanish friends at the very start of the queue and I, with my three friends went to say Hi to them. Seconds later I noticed that some Dylan fans with Dylan shirts etc etc) run to complaint to the stewarts about one because they thought we were trying to stay at that part of the queue instead of going at the end.

We explained to the stewarts that we know, that we were just talking with this friends and we will go to the end of the queue. While this was happening, other Dylan fans from other parts of the queue run to complain to the same stewarts and to some others. Experiencing that wild and stupid harassment from them, we had to say goodbye to our friends and go to the end absolutly hallucinated by the the situation. In my way to the end of the queue I managed to say Hi to Dusty and Dmg with fears of more jerks complaining...

The surprise was that when getting into the arena, from the end of the queue, I was just next to that jerks... guess why. They were fighting hard to remain his good spot at the queue from "our movement" but loosed his position at the venue because "they HAD to buy beer". How stupid can a person be? yes, as stupid like that.

But no, not as stupid like that, even worse. They left the Knopfler show at the third song, to go to the bar (they were talking annoyingly all the time) and they never came back, so probably they came back at the back of the venue.

After made us suffer that embarrasement moment, they did it for nothing. F*ck*g jerks!!!!!

I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineSpooge

• Guitar George
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2011, 07:43:05 AM »
I guess every concert thread on A mark in time and 'expecting rain' is just going to be a childish slagging match where one insults the others favourite musician.

Quite sad really. Im just glad I was able to go and enjoy both sets and not have to come back whinging about what Dylan fans, or what Knopflers fans said.

I just find it a shame that most people have more to say about some of the fans there than what actually went on up on stage :(

Love Expresso

« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2011, 07:51:03 AM »
I guess every concert thread on A mark in time and 'expecting rain' is just going to be a childish slagging match where one insults the others favourite musician.

Quite sad really. Im just glad I was able to go and enjoy both sets and not have to come back whinging about what Dylan fans, or what Knopflers fans said.

I just find it a shame that most people have more to say about some of the fans there than what actually went on up on stage :(
#

"Great" post!   :disbelief
It is an issue when jbaent makes such experiences. As he said, he never experienced idiots like that at all those many shows he went, too, and neither did I. About the performances, well, there are a lot of threads in the meantime where you can read about the quality of the two sets...

LE

Love Expresso

« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2011, 08:11:57 AM »
This video is terrific, stick with it.....

Love Bobs smile!

To be honest, I can't understand that this stuff gets so high praises here - don't get me wrong, I count myself into the party of the Dylan "Defenders" for want of a better word - but I really cannot stand this ... what is it ... there's a new definition needed...  croaking, moaning, barking, whatsoever...
That "smile" seems to me more than the first signs of gerontological failure... He moves like he really has an urge to the toilet and over all I hate this! I don't think I will stand the Dylan part if he behaves like this... For that it is good that we won't have any interaction between Mark and Bob, it is too
hard to stand... And saying "Well, the voice, it's the voice" doesn't make any sense, well, shit, it's shit, isn't it...

Kill me for this, especially all our new members, but I saw him more than once in the past and loved it, made me buy all his albums and loving it, but this is just too ridiculous.

LE

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2011, 09:39:53 AM »
i saw bob only twice to date, 2003 and 2007, both in D

Rollergirl

« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2011, 10:05:59 AM »
but i think there is a big difference in giving one's honest opinion versus the pure bashing or ridiculing that goes on on some threads (no matter on which forum for that matter)
dontcha agree??

absolutely, but we are passionate people, so...

Love Expresso

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2011, 11:01:30 AM »
So you do still love me?  ::)

LE

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2011, 11:03:59 AM »
Drunks fans are problem everywhere.

I had a fond memory of an epic David Gilmour Grand Rex show with such a$$hole and a few month alter for MK/EH.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineFerrard

• Guitar George
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2011, 05:32:49 PM »
This was the first time I've seen Mark live and it was definitely the best music experience in my life! Absolutely amazing :) BTW we were standing app. 10 meters perpendicularly to the center of stage, with boboDS. Arrived a bit late so it was not possible to get nearer, but the view was sufficient and acoustics excellent.

What it is - probably the best version I've heard/seen. Full of energy, beautiful solos. I was really pleasantly surprised how young and relaxed Mark looked, absolutely no problems with singing, not to mention playing! Number 2 of the evening for me
Cleaning my gun - also one of the highlights, didn't experience problems with sound (- shangri la 1)
Corned beef city - liked it
Sailing to Philadelphia - also brilliantly played, I enjoyed this version more than any other (prob. cause it was live, but still, the best I've heard)
Hill farmer

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 45 queries.