Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #2:2011.10.08, Braehead Arena, Glasgow, UK # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 61909 times)

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
Re: Concert #2:2011.10.08, Braehead Arena, Glasgow, UK # SPOILER AHEAD #
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2011, 07:45:35 PM »
Can someone elaborate on which Merch is available? (Women) Shirts, mugs?

Rollergirl

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2011, 07:53:51 PM »
Can someone elaborate on which Merch is available? (Women) Shirts, mugs?

It's all Dylan stuff, isn't it?

Love Expresso

« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2011, 08:08:44 PM »
I think so. For Dylan fanboys. And girls.

LE

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2011, 08:42:21 PM »
Hm, so I suppose I will save that money then  ;D

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2011, 08:49:21 PM »
Thought Mark was fantastic.

His playing was superb, his whole band gave a very tight performance. Didnt recognise one or two tracks but likes his new tunes. I was glad he did Brothers in Arms too, I thought it was a stunning performance and a display of how the guitar should be played.

Im sorry to see Knopfler and Dylan fans going at each other. I love them both so it was win win for me, but shame that the two of them have so much respect for each other yet their fans seemingly don't.

Im embarrassed to admit as a guitarist myself, but if Knopfler hadnt said he was playing BIA in a different key i doubt i would have noticed!

All in all a brilliant show. Had a great time and was great to see Mark live.
welcome spooge, am in the same camp too, liking both artists to bits. just don't get the pure hostility that is being displayed on some BD forums, compared to that the mere saying that member "x" on here that he/she cannot stand BD singing or something similar is peanuts, and more importantly, just a point of view, but the insulting for the sake of insulting is pure ignorance.
did i mention that you are very welcome on here?
got a few thousand bob shows, so if you wanna trade :-)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2011, 10:01:14 PM »
OK, just home from Glasgow and tired so won't write much.

Apologies for not tweeting the set, but I was too busy enjoying one of the greatest gigs I have ever seen to be pissing about with my phone. :)

DMG and I were at the front barrier right in front of Richard so we got a great view. Dylan was fabulous too, hilarious, and a top band.

Nice set from MK, a few surprises and the new songs were good.

New drummer was good, although a few endings were a bit ropey from him. I can't understand why MK changed the tuning on BiA after 25 years?

There were some nice looking new tshirts from MK but I have enough tshirts so I bought a poster.

Waterline Man, apologies, I tried to reply to the texts you sent but Vodafone won't let me text to "foreign" mobiles.  :-\
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineSpooge

• Guitar George
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2011, 10:02:01 PM »
Thought Mark was fantastic.

His playing was superb, his whole band gave a very tight performance. Didnt recognise one or two tracks but likes his new tunes. I was glad he did Brothers in Arms too, I thought it was a stunning performance and a display of how the guitar should be played.

Im sorry to see Knopfler and Dylan fans going at each other. I love them both so it was win win for me, but shame that the two of them have so much respect for each other yet their fans seemingly don't.

Im embarrassed to admit as a guitarist myself, but if Knopfler hadnt said he was playing BIA in a different key i doubt i would have noticed!

All in all a brilliant show. Had a great time and was great to see Mark live.
welcome spooge, am in the same camp too, liking both artists to bits. just don't get the pure hostility that is being displayed on some BD forums, compared to that the mere saying that member "x" on here that he/she cannot stand BD singing or something similar is peanuts, and more importantly, just a point of view, but the insulting for the sake of insulting is pure ignorance.
did i mention that you are very welcome on here?
got a few thousand bob shows, so if you wanna trade :-)

exactly

I love dylan, but there are portions of his fan base who will be studenty type idiots who love the fact he wrote political songs more than they like him as a musician!

For me the gig was perfect, two of my musical heroes, and BOTH were fantastic on the night. Im such a big guitar geek I just marvelled at Knopflers abilities. Its great enough he can write this stuff, but the way he goes up on stage and does it effortlessly in front of thousands of folk is brilliant

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2011, 11:48:48 PM »
I can't understand why MK changed the tuning on BiA after 25 years?
What is it now? A-minor?
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2011, 12:02:19 AM »
I don't know.I tried to see from Richard's capo but couldn't work it out.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Love Expresso

« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2011, 08:45:59 PM »
Phil Cunningham will be in the audience, too! He twittered today that he is "a Dylan virgin". Gave me nice memories of the Glasgow 2010 show (recording), where Phil was on stage as a guest...

LE

Today Phil twittered that he didn't like him on Saturday... Loved his band though, especially the drummage!".
I like it that Phil as a "Dylan virgin" is so upfront and frank to really say what he thought of Dylan. Well, couldn't find the question to it, but I THINK it was all about Dylan and not about Mark!  :lol

LE

BigWheelTurning

« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2011, 09:09:08 PM »
Only just found this site in a link from, ahem, ER- rather ironic since one of the factors in me becoming a Dylan fan was I was a huge DS fan back in the day and bought Dylan's "Infidels" because Mark was playing on it! So as another who is a fan of both I thought Saturday's concert was superb by both artists- seeing two of my favourites on the one night was a win-win situation for me! I'm sorry to see the hostility displayed by some on ER- I don't know if it is ignorance, prejudice or what it is- maybe just simple stupidity...Someone over on the BoBLinks site reviewing Saturday's show even described Mark's set as "mediocre and disappointing"- utterly, utterly wrong. Kudos to Mark for not going down the obvious route of paying "DS Greatest Hits" and giving us 2 totally new songs was a fantastic privilege. I thought considering the location we might have had "So far from the Clyde" but ho hum, you can't have everything. At the end of Mark's set with "Speedway" a superb climax I felt Dylan would have to play a stormer of a set to even equal let alone top Mark's set- and the old boy did indeed pull off a stormer.
A memorable night all round-not even spoiled by the appallingly bad transport after the show. If you have tickets for upcoming shows, you have a huge treat to look forward to and I envy you.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2011, 09:13:47 PM »
Welcome BigWheelTurning
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2011, 09:22:26 PM »

Hello BigWheelTurning, welcome to the AMIT site!  ;D  It is great that you found this wonderul forum just like other Dylan fans did the last weeks!

Have a great time with posting, reading, sharing your thoughts and opinion with this great and wonderful group of friends/fans around the world, who like to share everything they know about Mark and his band members! .......Be warned, they know a LOT!  ;D

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2011, 09:56:19 PM »
This video is terrific, stick with it.....

Love Bobs smile!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:58:24 PM by Fletch »
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 46 queries.