Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Do we really want another tour?  (Read 23462 times)

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Re: Do we really want another tour?
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2019, 04:12:08 PM »
Still in NYC. Still on a high from a stunning 7 shows westcoast and MSG.
I hope we gave enough energy to MK to go on. In this shape he can do it again.

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2019, 07:06:31 PM »
Mark will tour again. Perhaps on a smaller scale. But he will tour again. I am almost certain of that. At the very least, he’ll play residencies at certain venues or tour specific countries, but whilst he is clearly still a hugely capable performer and with such a great band behind him, there is no way in hell that he is going to stop playing shows at this point. There will inevitably come a time when his touring career winds down to a stop, but I don’t honestly believe that time has come quite yet.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2019, 07:47:16 PM »
I think a lot of the time, some people just can't or won't accept that Mark has moved on, Dire Straits is now a long and distant memory for Mark, that was the first phase of his career, he has been on the 2nd phase now since 1996. As has been said before, if you want the long guitar hero songs and solo's there is a lot out there to listen to and watch. But Mark is now more happier as a man, and a songwriter, and I am fine with that. So many other artists keep playing in the same way all the time, but Mark doesn't, he dips his toes into so many genres, and adapts his guitar playing accordingly, I always think of Eric Clapton, he is always on stage playing long noodling solo's, and to be honest, that's all he's got, he can't write great songs like Mark, so he has to keep doing the guitar hero thing, so in that way, he hasn't moved forward as an artist. He tours a lot more than Mark, so it's not to much of a big deal to see him play live, but every time Mark tours it's special to me. I never got to see Dire Straits live, I can only imagine how amazing that would have been, but I have been to several of Mark's solo concerts, and I loved just getting to see the man and his guitars in front of me, let only hear him play his wonderful songs. I think Mark is one of the greatest song writers ever, and his guitar playing is unique, his tone and touch are sublime, just look at the way Bonnie Raitt was watching Mark solo, you can see the awe, love and respect she has for his talent. Just look at the videos from this tour, every song was applauded, I didn't hear any booing, at the end of the shows, the applause and cheering was huge, if all those people were not happy with what Mark was doing, they would not have had that reaction. When he does stop playing live, it will be a sad day, but we have many many videos to look back on, and albums of amazing music, lyrics and guitar playing that has enthralled millions of people for decades. I can't speak highly enough of Mark and how he and his music have influenced my life. Just read the comments on YouTube, he is so admired by people young and old, some new to his music, and 99% of the time people love his songs and guitar playing. So, if he tours again, great, I will be there, if he doesn't, thanks for the memories Mark :clap :clap :clap

gjamesfloyd You 'stole' all my words  :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

hunter

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2019, 09:46:22 AM »
No "so long!" from Richard either. The future is uncertain as far as touring is concerned.

Update from Richard: I’m already home in Nashville as I peck this out, suitcases unpacked and back up on the shelf ’til next time.

So, either he's being diplomatic, or there hasn't been any definitive word that this was it. Well, time will tell. As always.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2019, 02:35:47 PM »
I must admit that this 'no more MK touring thing' added to my inability to play guitar since 1995 has led much closer
to a nervous breakdown in the last few months
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2019, 05:28:48 PM »
No "so long!" from Richard either. The future is uncertain as far as touring is concerned.

Update from Richard: I’m already home in Nashville as I peck this out, suitcases unpacked and back up on the shelf ’til next time.

So, either he's being diplomatic, or there hasn't been any definitive word that this was it. Well, time will tell. As always.

Indeed, time will tell.......
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2019, 08:38:26 PM »
I must admit that this 'no more MK touring thing' added to my inability to play guitar since 1995 has led much closer
to a nervous breakdown in the last few months

It'll be no time at all before we're talking about the new album.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2019, 11:08:46 PM »
I don't want a new album yet.

I want a new back-to-back tour where he can even out all those gems and neglected should-have-been-obvious-choices that have been left out from setlists since 1996...

And Are we in trouble now? Please, don't try competing for to finding the sleepiest track there's ever been. I prayed you wouldn't get When you leave... ;D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 11:16:40 PM by border_reiver »
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2019, 01:54:27 PM »
I don't want a new album yet.

I want a new back-to-back tour where he can even out all those gems and neglected should-have-been-obvious-choices that have been left out from setlists since 1996...

And Are we in trouble now? Please, don't try competing for to finding the sleepiest track there's ever been. I prayed you wouldn't get When you leave... ;D

I wish we had got it.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2019, 03:54:54 PM »
Don't know why he doesn't release officially like a 2cd/3cd/4cd with selected live stuff from all tours since 1996 in 1 release

It would be a stunning record
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2019, 08:41:49 PM »
Don't know why he doesn't release officially like a 2cd/3cd/4cd with selected live stuff from all tours since 1996 in 1 release

It's more likely than a bootlegger does it than MK  :smack
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2019, 03:01:34 PM »

It's more likely than a bootlegger does it than MK  :smack

I mean with proper engineered sound, not the almost crap official stuff we are hearing for the last few tours

still it's unlikley unfortunately yes  :smack

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2019, 02:36:52 PM »
Clapton is doing a European summer tour next year.
Is this something we could expect for MK’s next tour   :think

https://www.whereseric.com/eric-clapton-news/303-eric-claptons-summer-2020-european-tour-dates-announced

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2019, 04:02:09 PM »
Clapton is doing a European summer tour next year.

https://www.whereseric.com/eric-clapton-news/303-eric-claptons-summer-2020-european-tour-dates-announced

He's playing Russia!!!!!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2019, 04:07:06 PM »
Clapton is doing a European summer tour next year.sic.

He's playing Russia!!!!!

That's the way you do it!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 41 queries.