Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: David Knopfler crowd funding next album  (Read 32419 times)

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
Re: David Knopfler crowd funding next album
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2015, 10:27:12 PM »
And maybe this will go down on our permanent record. All sitting in front of computer screens, with different moods and thoughts, not knowing each other but acting as though we are friends, trying to have a decent and logical conversation. Oh, come on, for God's sake don't you have anything more important to be frustrated about? I know I am. 3.5 million refugees coming from Syria, having lost their homes and lives.  And us talking and losing our temper over this. It is ridiculous, isn't it?

Totally agree with you vgonis!!! :thumbsup :wave
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

11-54_Stringcheese

« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2015, 10:30:35 PM »
With all respect Pensaboy, I don't think I've ever come across a more negative person than you.

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2015, 11:24:34 PM »
No, the perks were either unique or priced lower from the market price, or will be received well before the CD goes to the music shops. I sense a hostility towards DK that I really don't understand. It is how the thing works.  If someone doesn't like it he should not be involved and if anyone believes that there is an unethical, illegal or breaking the rules of indiegogo, he should turn into the authorities.

Yes lots of silly,hostile comments for no reason.
All people that contributed will get what they paid for so how can that be ridiculous?
Why should they get their money back?They paid for something they will be getting.
It's a shame some people have to moan just for the sake of it.

DK deceiving fans... that's plenty of reason

the shame here is that you insult other users, I am reporting you

Oh dear!
Perhaps it would be better if you stopped posting on this thread as you are adding nothing constructive.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2015, 11:33:47 PM »
No, the perks were either unique or priced lower from the market price, or will be received well before the CD goes to the music shops. I sense a hostility towards DK that I really don't understand. It is how the thing works.  If someone doesn't like it he should not be involved and if anyone believes that there is an unethical, illegal or breaking the rules of indiegogo, he should turn into the authorities.

All people that contributed will get what they paid for so how can that be ridiculous?
Why should they get their money back?They paid for something they will be getting.

DK deceiving fans... that's plenty of reason

the shame here is that you insult other users, I am reporting you
what insults? i may have missed something, pls help me if so, but until here i read no insults.
yo do not believe David did the crowdfunding for honest purposes, other people do, which leads to a discussion. end of story.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2015, 11:34:46 PM »
and that is the end of this silly discussion besides the point. continue within the contest or that'll be it.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2015, 08:31:53 AM »
With all respect Pensaboy, I don't think I've ever come across a more negative person than you.

Why exactly ?

David K deceived fans and I simply stated that's ridiculous, if you don't agree with me you are free to like deceivers.

I´m a fan and I am NOT deceived, I paid in advance to get the cd, and when it´s released, I will get it, so, why should I be deceived?

Every perk had something in exchange, and everyone will get it, so... deceived? why?

I also feel that hostility for anything that it´s not MK... not only about David, and I don´t get it.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2015, 12:05:20 PM »

They should get their money back because their money wasn't used to pay for it's recording.  That is the assumption they were under when they payed their money.  I just think that's morally wrong.

So what is happening with this collected money?  Is David buying a sports car?  :lol
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2015, 12:15:51 PM »
Hey dmg, don't rub salt on the wounds. A record company agreed to give the rest of the money up to the 75k. So actually the money were used for the cause they were collected for.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2015, 12:20:36 PM »
Hey dmg, don't rub salt on the wounds. A record company agreed to give the rest of the money up to the 75k. So actually the money were used for the cause they were collected for.

Ah, I must have missed a couple of posts somewhere.  I suppose that's okay then.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2015, 01:26:58 PM »

They should get their money back because their money wasn't used to pay for it's recording.  That is the assumption they were under when they payed their money.  I just think that's morally wrong.

So what is happening with this collected money?  Is David buying a sports car?  :lol

I paid a perk consisting in receiving his next cd when released. I don´t mind if he used the money to buy a hamburger that day as long as he sends me the cd which is what for I had paid  ;D
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2015, 02:18:22 PM »
Well I don't 'feel' hostility, but it was rather confusing. Only in the sense that a cursory glance gave the impression that these funds would actually pay for the recording to start. Obviously I got the detail wrong and it appears a company stepped in, although I didn't notice that mentioned as part of the public campaign. I do recall that the fund raiser said all funds collected would be kept even if the goal was not reached, unlike other crowd funded site deals, so that was clear. The confusing part for me also, is if the record company thing was public knowledge would people have still donated 'extra' knowing it was no longer a vital necessity to the project? - receiving pre-order CDs and albums seems like a fair deal.
There are much bigger problems with the world right now, true.
I am curious to hear how a modern Bernadette will sound. :)
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2015, 07:43:04 PM »
Sorry for being off topic, but as it concerns David, I thought it might be relevant to post i here :

on Ingo's article about the honky tok demos, one sentence struck me :
"While it seems that Mark played all three electric guitars on the album version, the right rhythm guitar here should be David’s."

http://www.mk-guitar.com/2015/06/30/some-notes-on-the-dire-straits-honky-tonk-demos-released-on-vinyl-single-on-record-store-day-2015/

Ingo's argument is that both rhythm guitars sound very much the same style, the MK rhythm style.

Of course we will never be 100% sure, but if it is the case, can you imagine what could be going in David's mind ? At the time, and even still today ?

the first DS'hit, the only song from 2 first albums that Mark continues to play even in 2015, the iconic song from DS early days, and even from DS entire career, maybe THE song from Mark's entire career, well on this song David doesn't play !
it means that since the very beginning, David was left out by his brother.

of course, nothing new here. But after ditched sacred loving, Bernadette, etc... Mark decided that david's playing wasn't good enough to feature on the song that made them famous, that made them sign with phonogram, that was their emblematic song...
a little like : "no, David, for this song I prefer you do not play on it. Let me play all guitars..." ouch !

I think it's very harsh imho and regardless any other aspect of David's life, attitude, words, actions etc... I think he deserves a little compassion imho

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2015, 11:00:02 PM »
Sorry for being off topic, but as it concerns David, I thought it might be relevant to post i here :

on Ingo's article about the honky tok demos, one sentence struck me :
"While it seems that Mark played all three electric guitars on the album version, the right rhythm guitar here should be David’s."

http://www.mk-guitar.com/2015/06/30/some-notes-on-the-dire-straits-honky-tonk-demos-released-on-vinyl-single-on-record-store-day-2015/

Ingo's argument is that both rhythm guitars sound very much the same style, the MK rhythm style.

Of course we will never be 100% sure, but if it is the case, can you imagine what could be going in David's mind ? At the time, and even still today ?

the first DS'hit, the only song from 2 first albums that Mark continues to play even in 2015, the iconic song from DS early days, and even from DS entire career, maybe THE song from Mark's entire career, well on this song David doesn't play !
it means that since the very beginning, David was left out by his brother.

of course, nothing new here. But after ditched sacred loving, Bernadette, etc... Mark decided that david's playing wasn't good enough to feature on the song that made them famous, that made them sign with phonogram, that was their emblematic song...
a little like : "no, David, for this song I prefer you do not play on it. Let me play all guitars..." ouch !

I think it's very harsh imho and regardless any other aspect of David's life, attitude, words, actions etc... I think he deserves a little compassion imho

That's what I have always thought JF and I still feel sorry for DK because he is a Musician himself not only the brother of a famous and very successful Musician!! I admire MK and I understand that he wanted badly to succeed but I think as he said himself that he became too obsessed by his songs and that made him blind and death!! But I shared already this opinion before!! :wave
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2015, 11:37:48 PM »
The songs turned out well, didn't they?  Perhaps David was professional about it and doesn't mind.  ???

OfflineThrottle

• Camerado
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2015, 01:39:10 AM »
I think he deserves a little compassion imho

Any man deserves. Even whoever keeps his mouth shut to avoid pinning labels.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 41 queries.