Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 29:2013.06.07, Ijsselhallen, Zwolle, The Netherlands # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 29509 times)

Love Expresso

Thanks! Good to hear about you both having a really good time obviously. But interesting to read about the high volume level. Never heard someone mentioning that before. I thought Bremen and London were perfectly well balanced, not too loud or to low. Maybe a venue thing?

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Good to hear positive reviews about the concert (although not surprising) after the break they've had.  I listened to a video of TR solo that sounded impressive.

A couple of points though:

I never got a chance to enjoy Gator at the concerts because I knew they had passed on Sultans, even though I really like the song otherwise.

Hillfarmers on this tour is very disappointing.  I think it reach it's peak in 2011, last year it was not as good and this year it's just poor.  Love the LP tone through the lyrics and the intro, but the end solo is pants compared to 2011's.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Good to hear positive reviews about the concert (although not surprising) after the break they've had.  I listened to a video of TR solo that sounded impressive.

I never got a chance to enjoy Gator at the concerts because I knew they had passed on Sultans, even though I really like the song otherwise.

Hillfarmers on this tour is very disappointing.  I think it reach it's peak in 2011, last year it was not as good and this year it's just poor.  Love the LP tone through the lyrics and the intro, but the end solo is pants compared to 2011's.
is TR solo better than London one ? And what do you think of Jim's "solo" after "rolling river" ? :)
As for HFB, I tend to agree that the one of the Privateeting Bonus CD is more energetic... and without any audience noise ! :)

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado
Thanks! Good to hear about you both having a really good time obviously. But interesting to read about the high volume level. Never heard someone mentioning that before. I thought Bremen and London were perfectly well balanced, not too loud or to low. Maybe a venue thing?

LE

Yes, must have been a venue thing. It was bearable though, but especially the high notes on Mark's guitar did hurt my ears a little bit, especially at the beginning of the show.

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado

is TR solo better than London one ? And what do you think of Jim's "solo" after "rolling river" ? :)
As for HFB, I tend to agree that the one of the Privateeting Bonus CD is more energetic... and without any audience noise ! :)

Judge for yourself (concerning the TR solo) :

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

Thanks ! good solo, albeit a bit short, almost a minute shorter than London, itself quite shorter than 2005 !
But the more I listen to TR this tour the more I love Jim Cox... Thanks Jim to do everything you can to (almost) alleviate the infamous Karaoke Mode !!

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado

Thanks ! good solo, albeit a bit short, almost a minute shorter than London, itself quite shorter than 2005 !
But the more I listen to TR this tour the more I love Jim Cox... Thanks Jim to do everything you can to (almost) alleviate the infamous Karaoke Mode !!

As I wrote earlier, I prefer Jim over Matt on most of the songs and on this one he's clearly the better one. Jim's playing was beautiful last night with a few songs really standing out:

- The intro to Farher and Son
- I used To Could
- The Intro to Romeo and Juliet
- Telegraph Road

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I really like to make mention of the great crowd last night. I was too far away from the stage to see any facial expressions on Mark's face, but I can imagine there would have been some smiles from him. The crowd was really appreciative and 'into it' from my point of view !!

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
They did not have their own PA. This plus new venue might be the cause for loud sound.

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado
They did not have their own PA. This plus new venue might be the cause for loud sound.

Yes, I noticed that too reading Guy's diary just a few minutes ago. However, this is what Guy wrote about the concert itself:

The show was indeed hot. Very hot. Ianto, deployed a fan on his drum riser to keep him cool throughout and we were all jealous. The vibe on stage was quite incredible. I suppose the relief of having finished up at the RAH last week and the four days off all contributed to what was certainly the most relaxed and fun gig I think I've ever done. This band is truly something else. Mark played brilliantly, Glenn was stellar, Ian, Jim, Mike, Richard and John all had a night to remember and we left the stage after our encores and piled, sweaty into the cars for our journey to Helsinki

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo

Yes, I noticed that too reading Guy's diary just a few minutes ago. However, this is what Guy wrote about the concert itself:

The show was indeed hot. Very hot. Ianto, deployed a fan on his drum riser to keep him cool throughout and we were all jealous. The vibe on stage was quite incredible. I suppose the relief of having finished up at the RAH last week and the four days off all contributed to what was certainly the most relaxed and fun gig I think I've ever done. This band is truly something else. Mark played brilliantly, Glenn was stellar, Ian, Jim, Mike, Richard and John all had a night to remember and we left the stage after our encores and piled, sweaty into the cars for our journey to Helsinki

He also said that it was the most relaxed and fun gig that he's ever done!
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado

That's in the quote above my friend  ;)

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo

That's in the quote above my friend  ;)

Oops ;D
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Love Expresso

But, also interesting, I read somewhere that Guy said that it was the most relaxed and fun gig that he's ever done. Can you imagine!

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
[/quote]

It's difficult to tell if it's better than RAH 27th one as the quality isn't as good and I'm biased because I was at the RAH one!

Jim is great I agree, but I think I said that in 2011 when complaints were made over his playing, especially on Speedway.

I think the best versions of HFB are from 2011.  Maybe Rome or Innsbruck spring to mind as being really good versions. :think
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo

Thank you Stefankock and Dutchessy for your review!
It is great to hear that you all had such a great time!  ;D

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 41 queries.