Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Official Fender Mark Knopfler Stratocaster Owners' Club Thread  (Read 55269 times)

Jackal

Re: The Official Fender Mark Knopfler Stratocaster Owners' Club Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 11:02:59 AM »
@Dusty - Are those videos of yours here on AMIT? Got a link? Would be cool to hear/see.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 11:12:12 AM »
Here you go:

http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=550.30

I'm pretty crappy, the real star of the band is our fantastic steel guitar player, Son Henry from Alaska.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Jackal

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 11:34:45 AM »
Cool! Thanks. Not so good sound quality, but gives an impression. Not enough of you to say if you're crappy or not :) But I could the steel player was good. Sometimes the steel can be soooooo cheesy, but sometimes it's the best thing.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:56:43 AM by Jackal »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2011, 11:48:47 AM »
Cool! Thanks. Not so good sound quality, but gives an impression. Not enough of you to if you're crappy or not :) But I could the steel player was good. Sometimes the steel can be soooooo cheesy, but sometimes it's the best thing.

It takes balls just to even attempt to play a solo next to Son! He really is fantastic. He is currently the British Blues Instrumentalist of the Year, but luckily for us he likes country too. :)

http://blues.about.com/od/bluesawards/a/British-Blues-Awards-2010.htm

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 05:59:33 PM »
I am so sorry for the mix up, Dusty. I actually downloaded the songs as MP3s, since my connection is not that fast or steady and i only saw a couple of seconds of one or two of your videos, at one of them i am sure you had a different guitar and on the other you had a Strat but the color was misleading. Anyway the playing was exquisite, don't sell your self short. And did you also wrote these songs? 
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2011, 06:02:47 PM »
I had a spare '5' mins this aft and recorded a couple of 'quick' videos for my you tube account of me playing my Fender 'MK' Strat which I have had only for a few weeks now. Hope you enjoy?...

(From Wag the Dog) In the Heartland:

Piper to the end/Local Hero
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Jackal

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2011, 06:56:54 AM »
@knopflerfan - Nice stuff, man. Now THAT's the Fender sound. I use a Vox myself, which I really like, but there's something special about that Fender clean sound.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2011, 10:44:15 AM »
@knopflerfan - Nice stuff, man. Now THAT's the Fender sound. I use a Vox myself, which I really like, but there's something special about that Fender clean sound.

Many thanks for the cool comments. I have to say that compared to the 'Squier' this has to be the real deal and I love playing the guitar now. Yes it costs a bit more than your average Strat but the 'MK' is no average Strat!!

Compare the sound by listening to an earlier recording I did with my 'squier' 20th Anniversary strat (and yes I have lost some weight - 4+ stones in fact!!!)

I would play for an hour or so with the 'Squier' but it frequently went out of tune but yesterday I played ALL afternoon and it stayed in tune throughout!! It feels and plays sooooo good.

I love my Fender champion and having all the effects already programmed in enables me to experiment with various sounds at the turn of a switch...

I will endeavour to record some more soon...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 10:47:35 AM by knopflerfan »

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineknopflertone

• Guitar George
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2011, 04:17:39 PM »
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, but a long time MK fan and a proud owner of a MK Strat!  I am a long time guitar player who has a love/hate relationship with Strats.  I always want one around, but had never owned one that really "did it" for me.  I've been through '57 reissues, Clapton sigs, and others.  Finally decided on a very light MK after emailing with Richard Bennett about his and Mark's MKs.  I LOVE my MK, it not only looks great, it's the best sounding Strat I've ever had.  Lots of people dis Texas Special PUs, but in the ash body/rosewood board MK they work well.  Richard confirmed for me that Mark tried a LOT of pickups before selecting the Texas Specials, and that MK's and Richard's BOTH have Texas Specials, and that neither are extremely light. 

I'd love to read any online articles where Mark talks about the development of the MK Strat, so if anyone can share a URL, that would be great. 

Jackal

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 07:54:30 PM »
Just made a little demo of the pickups on my Strat (not MK model ...). If you're interested. Here I play with a pick, shame on me  ;D (I usually play fingerstyle, but I thought a pick gives a more consistent sound for a demo.)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, but a long time MK fan and a proud owner of a MK Strat!  I am a long time guitar player who has a love/hate relationship with Strats.  I always want one around, but had never owned one that really "did it" for me.  I've been through '57 reissues, Clapton sigs, and others.  Finally decided on a very light MK after emailing with Richard Bennett about his and Mark's MKs.  I LOVE my MK, it not only looks great, it's the best sounding Strat I've ever had.  Lots of people dis Texas Special PUs, but in the ash body/rosewood board MK they work well.  Richard confirmed for me that Mark tried a LOT of pickups before selecting the Texas Specials, and that MK's and Richard's BOTH have Texas Specials, and that neither are extremely light. 

I'd love to read any online articles where Mark talks about the development of the MK Strat, so if anyone can share a URL, that would be great. 

Welcome Knopflertone. :)

I have some magazine interviews from when the MK strat came out, I'll dig them out next time I'm in my loft. :)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2011, 08:04:12 PM »
Hello,

Welcome Knopflertone. :)

I have some magazine interviews from when the MK strat came out, I'll dig them out next time I'm in my loft. :)

I Would also like to see those magazine reviews for the Strat please - DV

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2011, 11:34:11 PM »
Well I now proudly own two of these lovely 'MK' Stratocaster's as of today having purchased an 'earlier' production model with the serial No. of SE000860.

Any luck with those magazine reviews Dusty?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 09:26:14 PM by knopflerfan »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2011, 05:12:32 PM »
This pic gives a good indication of the darker Dakota red finish on my one. :)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2011, 05:28:24 PM »
Lovely sofa, dusty!    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 43 queries.