Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New programme with MK - MARK LAWSON TALKS TO...  (Read 16628 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
New programme with MK - MARK LAWSON TALKS TO...
« on: February 25, 2013, 06:59:10 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01r5vs7

Mark Lawson talks to Mark Knopfler, one of the most prolific songwriters of his generation about his early life and influences, the years with Dire Straits and his ...

Next Sunday 20:00 BBC Four
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: New programme with MK - MARK LAWSON TALKS TO...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »
Thanks for the information, jbaent!    Looking forward to seeing it!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 12:49:03 PM »
Anyone taping?

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 03:50:11 PM »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 10:45:52 PM »
This will be great, nice to see MK being taken seriously.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 01:17:36 AM »
Doesnt looks strange that in the late years, so many documentaries about Mark Knopfler are made?

The one with Phil Cunningham, A life in song, Guitar Stories and now this one...

In all these years of career almost nothing pr very little, and suddenly, four programmes...

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 10:39:44 AM »
It takes two to tango. It's not just a question of others wanting to make such programmes but also MK's willingness to participate in them.  We don't know whether such programmes were proposed in the past but declined.

You might wish to consider not only why those others want to make these programmes now but also why MK would wish to participate now.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:48:28 PM by twm »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 11:00:57 AM »
It takes two to tango. It's not just a question of others wanting to make such programmes but also MK's willingness to participate in them.  We don't know whether such programmes were proposed in the past but declined.

You might wish to consider not only why those others want to make these programmes now but also why MK woould wish to participate now.

I think that Mark is much more comfortable with himself and his career these days than he was in the past and he is much more relaxed being interviewed, therefore easier to interview.   I remember reading somewhere that back in the 80s he was quite difficult to interview -long silences, etc!
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 11:35:43 AM »
I think it's that if he was interviewed in DS heyday the show would have been hyped up and advertised to the hilt leading to the over-exposure we all know he hates.  Now these are low-profile shows on satellite channels with low viewing figures (I'm guessing here) so he doesn't have to worry about his exposure.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 11:40:29 AM »
  Now these are low-profile shows on satellite channels with low viewing figures (I'm guessing here) so he doesn't have to worry about his exposure.

The one on Sunday is on BBC4 at 8 pm, therefore peak viewing time, not tucked away on Sky Arts.  ;)  "A Life in Song" was also on BBC4 and attracted the biggest audience for that particular type of show, according to BBC figures!   BBC4 is probably the best music channel, at the moment, especially on Friday nights when there are lots of interesting music related programmes to watch.

He has also appeared twice at Hay-on-Wye, something I couldn't have envisaged happening some years ago!  :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:20:58 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 12:25:19 PM »
  Now these are low-profile shows on satellite channels with low viewing figures (I'm guessing here) so he doesn't have to worry about his exposure.

The one on Sunday is on BBC4 at 8 pm, therefore peak viewing time, not tucked away on Sky Arts.  ;)  "A Life in Song" was also on BBC4 and attracted the biggest audience for that particular type of show, according to BBC figures!   BBC4 is probably the best music channel, at the moment, especially on Friday nights when there are lots of interesting music related programmes to watch.

He has also appeared twice at Hay-on-Wye, something I couldn't have envisaged happening some years ago!  :)

In DS heyday though, the programme would have been picked up by BBC1, BBC2, ITV or C4 and it would have probably been a special of a mainstream music show.  Thank god no C5 back then! :lol

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 12:30:34 PM »

In DS heyday though, the programme would have been picked up by BBC1, BBC2, ITV or C4 and it would have probably been a special of a mainstream music show.  Thank god no C5 back then! :lol

There was no BBC4 in DS heyday!   It began in 2002!   ;) 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 12:52:45 PM »

Of course, there were only four channels.  Just testing! ;)  If they had all of todays channels back then, it would be on one of the main four channels - that's what I meant! :hmm

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 12:56:48 PM »

Of course, there were only four channels.  Just testing! ;)  If they had all of todays channels back then, it would be on one of the main four channels - that's what I meant! :hmm

Yes, it would probably have been on BBC2, but these days BBC4 is, in my view, the main BBC channel for music - it's the one I watch regularly anyway.   BBC2 is fine for Jools Holland, though!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 38 queries.