Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Heavy Fuel single on Spotify  (Read 17607 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Heavy Fuel single on Spotify
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2020, 09:21:08 PM »
I remember when I heard the extended version on the "you and your friend" cd single, I was very surprised aas I only knew the version on the B-side of the Private and industrial disease singles...

I wonder which version are they uploading.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2020, 09:26:21 PM »
I remember when I heard the extended version on the "you and your friend" cd single, I was very surprised aas I only knew the version on the B-side of the Private and industrial disease singles...

I wonder which version are they uploading.

Wasn't aware of that although I have it somewhere.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2020, 10:36:14 PM »
Great. Such a gem of a song.

Comparable to diamonique rather than diamond perhaps?

Well. Yeah. Ha-ha. It's not up there among the best, for sure. But the corny quirkiness is rather lovely. Love that he sings in his Geordie accent.

I always thought of it as a follow up to MFN with The Bug being a follow up song to WOL.  Maybe just me.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2020, 10:47:44 PM »

Well. Yeah. Ha-ha. It's not up there among the best, for sure. But the corny quirkiness is rather lovely. Love that he sings in his Geordie accent.
Thats not Geordie, I’d say its a Yorkshire accent.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2020, 10:49:00 PM »

How are you doing banjo? Feeling better yet?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

hunter

« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2020, 08:35:24 AM »

I always thought of it as a follow up to MFN with The Bug being a follow up song to WOL.  Maybe just me.

Oh, you were talking about Heavy Fuel. I meant Badgers. No, HF is certainly not a gem to me. One of my least liked DS songs.

hunter

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2020, 08:37:48 AM »

Really? Had no idea. That makes it even funnier.

Edit: After listening to several clips of Geordie Yorkshire accents, it's pretty clear it's Yorkshire. Love it. Mark's really good at doing accents.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 08:56:01 AM by hunter »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2020, 01:16:35 PM »

Edit: After listening to several clips of Geordie Yorkshire accents, it's pretty clear it's Yorkshire. Love it. Mark's really good at doing accents.

He is actually!  Well he spent a lot of time in Leeds (Yorkshire) and with Steve Phillips so a Yorkshire accent should come easily.  He did a Welsh accent during that Brian Johnson interview and was pretty funny.  I'd be told by a Welsh person no doubt there are many regional variations but to me it was a typical "Welsh" accent.  Maybe years spent with Terry Williams and Geriant Watkins have rubbed off.  Whenever I try a Welsh accent I slip into an Indian one somehow!

Yes, Badges is very much a Yorkshire accent.  I always wonder what people from Gods Own Country think about that with Mark being an outsider so-to-speak.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 01:20:18 PM by dmg »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2020, 02:29:49 PM »

He is actually!  Well he spent a lot of time in Leeds (Yorkshire) and with Steve Phillips so a Yorkshire accent should come easily.  He did a Welsh accent during that Brian Johnson interview and was pretty funny.  I'd be told by a Welsh person no doubt there are many regional variations but to me it was a typical "Welsh" accent.  Maybe years spent with Terry Williams and Geriant Watkins have rubbed off.  Whenever I try a Welsh accent I slip into an Indian one somehow!

Yes, Badges is very much a Yorkshire accent.  I always wonder what people from Gods Own Country think about that with Mark being an outsider so-to-speak.

Definitely a Yorkshire accent and I should know, because I live there!   There are many Yorkshire accents, depending on where you live - some are a bit rough and others are really lovely and soft, but I would say MK's Yorkshire accent is a Leeds one.  I have lived in Leeds for many years and still don't have one, just my original Liverpool twang, although watered down a bit now!    ;D    I agree that MK is very good at accents.

BTW I love Badges.  It makes me laugh a lot! 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 02:32:25 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2020, 03:40:53 PM »

Ian Thomas is Welsh too.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2020, 04:57:37 PM »

Ian Thomas is Welsh too.

Of course!  Too easy to overlook the obvious.  :smack

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2020, 10:56:58 PM »

hunter

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2020, 08:47:39 AM »
Great stuff.

Have to say though, what a strange single! Private Investigations AND Badges together. Such an odd pairing.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2020, 05:52:19 PM »
I downloaded KTGC from Amazon music and it has Boom Like That Live From Denver as the last track. Am I going mad or has this never beed released before.

OfflineMarnix

• Camerado
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2020, 09:11:54 PM »
I downloaded KTGC from Amazon music and it has Boom Like That Live From Denver as the last track. Am I going mad or has this never beed released before.

If I am correct it was first a b-side from the single True love will never fade and later a digital download bonustrack for iTunes with the KTGC album

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 42 queries.