Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Recordings of Mark Knopfler and Bob Dylan North American Tour 2012  (Read 152557 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Recordings of Mark Knopfler and Bob Dylan North American Tour 2012
« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2012, 09:40:46 AM »
I see...

However, when we edit the first post in posts like this, is because someone has already added new info in a new post, we copy that info in the first post, but that info came like a new post in the first place, so if you are suscribed to the post you will get that information.  :)

Just in case, in threads like this, just remember to check first page always, just in case  ;)
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #196 on: October 26, 2012, 09:51:56 AM »
First post edited

Please when someone edit or add to the first post, send a new post here so everyone suscribed to it get notifications

:thumbsup
 :)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2012, 09:55:59 AM »
thank you jbaent! Perhaps the best solution of all!
(I forgot to mention, that when clicking at the notification the page opens at the new reply, so you don't see the first post, but  AMITers already know that!  ;)  )
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2012, 10:00:49 AM »
thank you jbaent! Perhaps the best solution of all!
(I forgot to mention, that when clicking at the notification the page opens at the new reply, so you don't see the first post, but  AMITers already know that!  ;)  )

Thanks, a pleasure to serve my fellow amiters.

By the way, there is another way to follow the threads, that is very useful for me. I always use the "Show new replies to your posts" and "Show unread post since last visit", and this way I get the index of the threads where I

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #199 on: October 26, 2012, 11:03:27 AM »
I use the same method myself!
But most of the times I check my emails at night so I get only one notification per topic, no matter how many posts, during the day!
When I am working with my photos, I can check the posts more frequently, as a time out! 
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlineparoucia

• Guitar George
  • RuDiger lives in a place on his own
    • Mark Knopfler Iranian Fans Unofficial Website
« Reply #200 on: October 28, 2012, 07:31:06 AM »
Hi Guys

Friends, I just wannat know is there any official(professional) recording of MK concerts? Audio or Video? i've seen a first post of this topic but i don't know they were recorded by audience or not?!

Thank You
If heaven's like this
Well then here's where i'll be
On the edge of the field
On the edge of the world
Before gas and TV

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2012, 08:06:16 AM »
Hi Guys

Friends, I just wannat know is there any official(professional) recording of MK concerts? Audio or Video? i've seen a first post of this topic but i don't know they were recorded by audience or not?!

Thank You

There are a lot...

From the 1996 concerts there are several soundboard recordings from the radio, from the 2001 concerts there are also several radio recordings but very poorly mixed so the sound is not good, from the 2005 concerts there are about 12 soundboard concerts that were oficially sold, from the 2008 tour there is nothing, from the 2010 tour almost all the European concerts were sold oficially in soundboard, from the 2011 tour with Krusty there is nothing, and from the 2012 tour with Krusty, nothing at all yet, and I dont think anything would be available in soundboard...

Offlineparoucia

• Guitar George
  • RuDiger lives in a place on his own
    • Mark Knopfler Iranian Fans Unofficial Website
« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2012, 09:31:31 AM »
Hi Guys

Thank You

There are a lot...

From the 1996 concerts there are several soundboard recordings from the radio, from the 2001 concerts there are also several radio recordings but very poorly mixed so the sound is not good, from the 2005 concerts there are about 12 soundboard concerts that were oficially sold, from the 2008 tour there is nothing, from the 2010 tour almost all the European concerts were sold oficially in soundboard, from the 2011 tour with Krusty there is nothing, and from the 2012 tour with Krusty, nothing at all yet, and I dont think anything would be available in soundboard...
Hi
I meant 2012 tour and u said there is nothing! u mean first post of this topic links are all recorded by audience??
If heaven's like this
Well then here's where i'll be
On the edge of the field
On the edge of the world
Before gas and TV

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2012, 09:41:21 AM »
Not, as the topic says, this topic is for 2012 tour dates.

As you asked "any official(professional) recording of MK concerts" I understood you meant "ANY", not only 2012. Even this is the thread for 2012 recordings, its very usual that we talk from other tours and even other topics, so I thought you meant ANY really.

;D

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #204 on: October 28, 2012, 09:50:13 AM »
Hi Guys

Thank You

There are a lot...

Hi
I meant 2012 tour and u said there is nothing! u mean first post of this topic links are all recorded by audience??

Of course they are audience recordings.
Btw audience rec does not mean "bad", "amateur", "poorer than soundboard"; they have the advantage to capture the exact atmosphere of the concert with no further mixing, and this can indeed result in a better product than a badly mixed soundboard recording. Simfy recordings were excellent but some people complained, rightfully so, that Mike's flute was too high in the mix, overshadowing Richard's power cords in Speedway for instance. Such a problem does not arise with audience recordings. And we have very, very good, "professional" tapers over there...

The only way you could have soundboard recordings while the tour is not even over is would be to have an official recording compagny following the tour, like Passelong did for the Shangri-La tour and Simfy did for the GL tour; but in that case we would know about it, it would be advertised and you could (well at least the NA people could) download those recordings the next day or get a USB key from the venue. Sadly this is unlikely to happen, both Passalong and Simfy went bust, it seems the business model does not work, those compagnies have to pay a bomb in advances to the artists which sales are insufficient to recoup.

As for video, very little hope, this would mean that one concert is officially filmed, in which case we would know about it, but we know Mark is not into this. Maybe next year, 30 years after Alchemy ?

The only reasonnable hope lies with the band itself, we know they record every show in audio, probably someday there will be something like "MK - a live anthology". I really hope that the event triggering such a release will be common sense arising in the near future... and not MK's death some 25 years down the road !

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #205 on: October 28, 2012, 10:11:33 AM »
Simfy did not go bust whatsoever.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #206 on: October 28, 2012, 10:22:55 AM »
Simfy did not go bust whatsoever.
To be precise, Simfy consisted of several business units, one of which was the making, sales and distribution of digital live recordings. This is the part that went bust. The rest of Simfy consists of a streaming player which does not even work in my country...
Here is what I received from Julia from Simfy last year:

"
[...]
Our company used to have the live recordiung part and the streamingpart, and the focus was put to streaming, so the live recording part was shut down in 2011.
[...]
You are not the only one who does not understand, why simfylive was closed. But the point behind that is, and this is something customers do not know, is that the contracts that allows us to record artists includie very high advance payment. At some point a company then has to check if the spend money gets back by selling concerts. After 2 yaears of live recording the managenet decided to closed that part.

Greetings

Julia"

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #207 on: October 28, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »
Do we have a recording of Mark playing with Bob this year (Summer Days, Beyond Here Lies Nothing)? I can't find anything, and I'm dying to hear those songs!

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #208 on: October 28, 2012, 12:23:00 PM »
Do we have a recording of Mark playing with Bob this year (Summer Days, Beyond Here Lies Nothing)? I can't find anything, and I'm dying to hear those songs!

Not yet, but I hope that eventually someone recorded it and would upload them.

Looks like Soomlos just recorded until LA, but maybe the rest of tapers were there in any of this concerts, and I hope in the remaining too.

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 35 queries.