Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Nigel Hitchcock for 5 german shows  (Read 9298 times)

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Re: Nigel Hitchcock for 5 german shows
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 06:02:07 PM »
His new answer: "I do know, Nigel is ONLY doing the rest of our German shows this week."
Only means only imo

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 06:04:01 PM »
His new answer: "I do know, Nigel is ONLY doing the rest of our German shows this week."
Only means only imo

LOL.  Shows what I know! ::)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 10:32:19 PM »
Only means only imo

Yes, like "this is final date" meant "until we add some more"  ;D
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineRoland Dent

• Banned
  • Local Hero
  • Fan since '78
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2013, 06:51:44 PM »
Not sure about the rest of you but the saxophone is real asset to this band.

This is what I want to hear.  Gives the music some grit and grunt.  At times the Celtic stuff is a bit namby pamby for me.

Beeb banned off every UK internet forum I joined so don't expect too much in the way of "group think"

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2013, 10:49:15 PM »

This is what I want to hear.  Gives the music some grit and grunt.  At times the Celtic stuff is a bit namby pamby for me.

I've got to agree with you.  Some celtic stuff is fine, but lately it's been overkill.  Nigel has been a welcome addition but if he was a full-time member I rather feel his involvement would be more intense.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2013, 12:32:37 AM »
Well now, mr. Dent is in da house. Welcome to Amit...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineRoland Dent

• Banned
  • Local Hero
  • Fan since '78
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2013, 04:44:32 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.  The Celtic stuff gives the MK brand a unique signature and Mark is no fool.  He found a definite gap in the market here.  Making Movies was the last album I really enjoyed.  Really I am a hard rocker...I love the heavy beats.  Zak FM is my fave music station and certainly one to follow if you want a true USA feel.
Beeb banned off every UK internet forum I joined so don't expect too much in the way of "group think"

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2013, 05:48:23 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.  The Celtic stuff gives the MK brand a unique signature and Mark is no fool.  He found a definite gap in the market here.  Making Movies was the last album I really enjoyed.  Really I am a hard rocker...I love the heavy beats.  Zak FM is my fave music station and certainly one to follow if you want a true USA feel.

Welcome to forum sir. I really think that Mark is not looking for any market gaps for his music with celtic influences.

OfflineRoland Dent

• Banned
  • Local Hero
  • Fan since '78
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2013, 07:40:53 PM »
It is good to disagree so that is the first thing I want to say.  If everybody agreed we would be really bored. So please feel free.  All of us are unique individuals and all of us came across the MK music at different times in our lives.  My backgound is in engineering and commercial management in the non academic world.  "Wor Marky" has had some fabulous advice and management over the years, suffered some big changes in his personal life and I know he has a very strong character.  There is a very big difference between text book MBA rehetoric and practical day to day management of a company of people who will incur costs as they go about what they do best.  When brothers in arms was released the band needed to advertise on commercial TV in the UK.  In the 1980s the band had to step up to the plate to compete with some top notch entertainers.  Wor Marky has always had "the touch" and the brilliance of the man is that he does by being unique.

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2013, 11:37:27 PM »

I've got to agree with you.  Some celtic stuff is fine, but lately it's been overkill.  Nigel has been a welcome addition but if he was a full-time member I rather feel his involvement would be more intense.
+1 :thumbsup

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2013, 12:23:44 AM »
It is good to disagree so that is the first thing I want to say.  If everybody agreed we would be really bored. So please feel free.  All of us are unique individuals and all of us came across the MK music at different times in our lives.  My backgound is in engineering and commercial management in the non academic world.  "Wor Marky" has had some fabulous advice and management over the years, suffered some big changes in his personal life and I know he has a very strong character.  There is a very big difference between text book MBA rehetoric and practical day to day management of a company of people who will incur costs as they go about what they do best.  When brothers in arms was released the band needed to advertise on commercial TV in the UK.  In the 1980s the band had to step up to the plate to compete with some top notch entertainers.  Wor Marky has always had "the touch" and the brilliance of the man is that he does by being unique.

I don't think they needed to advertise BiA; it's just that doing so helped them achieve phenomenal sales. At one point in 1985 there were rumoured to be more CD copies of BiA in the UK than CD players. Of course, the fact that there was some rather good (and, yes, commercial) music helped a bit.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2013, 01:36:36 AM »
It seems that in the Netherlands more CD's are sold than there are homes. Till this moment! I believe it, really everyone knows this CD and has one as well

OfflineRoland Dent

• Banned
  • Local Hero
  • Fan since '78
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2013, 04:21:14 AM »
Ingrid:  Are you the same lady that drives around Europe at 200kph and scares the hell out of Isaac Shabtay?

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2013, 08:33:44 AM »
Ingrid:  Are you the same lady that drives around Europe at 200kph and scares the hell out of Isaac Shabtay?

That sounds like Ingrid :lol
Proud member of the AMIT crew

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 38 queries.