Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 605700 times)

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1305 on: June 11, 2015, 06:58:05 PM »
Marijo,
The group of AMITers whom you saw are all positive and friendly people--at least the ones I was with.   I was in Paris for the first time also.     You would have been so very welcome to join the group.     Zenith got a little wild that first night!
[/quote
Great to hear IrisRose!! Thanks. You see I was a bit concerned by the fact that you all seem to know each others for some time now so I felt a bit embarrassed to come suddenly in the middle of the Group introducing myself!!! Usually I'm far away from shy but this first MK's gig made me feel a bit shook up!! I didn't realise that finally I was seeing MK performing Live!! So I assure you that next time hopefully in RAH, I'll come and meet you Amiters!!! And yes indeed it was an absolute wild evening in Paris Zenith the 2nd of June, that I will not forget for a very long time!!! :wave
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #1306 on: June 11, 2015, 11:29:31 PM »
The problem of the forum is that your writing may sounds ruder than your thoughs.

Meeting Amiters in the real life is always a pleasure.
I had again some this year despite being too short.
And I will miss those I couldn't meet this time.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1307 on: June 21, 2015, 10:00:21 PM »
The problem of the forum is that your writing may sounds ruder than your thoughs.

Meeting Amiters in the real life is always a pleasure.
I had again some this year despite being too short.
And I will miss those I couldn't meet this time.

I'm sure now ds 1984 that it will be a pleasure next time I'll go to a Gig to meet you, in Paris it was first due to a bad timing and then to the fact that it was my first concert with MK!!! :wave
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

foma

« Reply #1308 on: June 21, 2015, 11:34:12 PM »
I'm seriously planning to send this golden quote for Guy's Competition as the Tracker Tour tagline:

“Broken Balls gonna open the copy and paste show again?”

Thanks for original author, but sorry, SPACED360 will be mine!!!1 :lol

11-54_Stringcheese

« Reply #1309 on: June 22, 2015, 02:42:29 AM »
I'm seriously planning to send this golden quote for Guy's Competition as the Tracker Tour tagline:

“Broken Balls gonna open the copy and paste show again?”

Thanks for original author, but sorry, SPACED360 will be mine!!!1 :lol

You must be nuts.

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #1310 on: June 22, 2015, 02:50:41 AM »
What is the point of doing that?   What, exactly, do you want to accomplish? 
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

foma

« Reply #1311 on: June 22, 2015, 03:02:38 AM »
What is the point of doing that?   What, exactly, do you want to accomplish? 

Nothing at all, I will not send it of course. But quote is priceless, veeeeeeeery harsh, but also very funny (to my strange sense of humour anyway).

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1312 on: July 15, 2015, 06:49:12 AM »
This is the message I sent to Guy's forum yesterday to his forum after his reply about the leak of the Stuttgart sound check paper. Guy didn't publish this post butbibthinknit might benign interest for you what I wrote to him:

Dear Doc, I can´t believe my eyes. Are you serious when you say you are not gonna play that songs you were working lately because it was leaked on ebay? That leak was saw by a very small amount of fans who are on internet on a daily basis following the tour. If you play those tonight, the 90% of the attendance will be highly surprised because they had not the faintest idea about it. It´s like with the moaners about the setlists, you always said that you don´t care about them as they are a small number and all you see are lots of happy people standing and clapping. It applies the same to this, the number of people who knows about that songs is going to be very very small in any of the remaining concerts, and you are going to surprise even those who, from time to time, check internet to see how MK tours is going... Give it a thought.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

surferboy

« Reply #1313 on: July 15, 2015, 07:18:36 AM »
Unbelievable jbaent!
"I can't believe my eyes..."
Is it really not enough that moaners like you have literally killed the AMIT forum by continuing to criticize daily in every single concert thread???
Why on earth can't you stop killing Guy's forum, too?
How many million times does Guy have to say that he doesn't want setlist questions being discussed on his forum?
How many million times till you respect that???
Unbelievable!!!
Don't you realize just for one second that you are spoiling things for so many fans who feel so deeply embarrassed and ashamed by the never ending molesting of Guy who has done so much for us???
Is it really not enough for you to spill out your destructive negativity daily (!) on this forum?
Is it really not yet enough damage done for you here?
Unbelievable!!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:45:05 AM by surferboy »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1314 on: July 15, 2015, 07:51:24 AM »
Unbelievable jbaent!
Is it really not enough that moaners like you have literally killed the AMIT forum by continuing to criticize daily in every single concert thread???
How many million times does Guy have to say that he doesn't want setlist questions being discussed on his forum?
Unbelievable!!!
Don't you realize just for one second that you are spoiling things for so many fans who feel so deeply embarrassed and ashamed by the never ending molesting of Guy who has done so much for us???
Is it really not enough for you to spill out your destructive negativity daily (!) on this forum?
Unbelievable!!!
calm down. take a breath. jbaent is not spilling "destructive negativity daily" on amit. he has an opinion he shares. like all of us. as long as there is no name calling or privacy issues, i have no problem with any comments, moans, happy posts, silly posts, etc..
we need to stop taking everything so seriously. there is a world out there people.
chill. @jbaent. no need to reply. por favor.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #1315 on: July 15, 2015, 08:14:47 AM »
Unbelievable jbaent!
Unbelievable!!!
Unbelievable!!!
calm down. take a breath. jbaent is not spilling "destructive negativity daily" on amit. he has an opinion he shares. like all of us. as long as there is no name calling or privacy issues, i have no problem with any comments, moans, happy posts, silly posts, etc..
we need to stop taking everything so seriously. there is a world out there people.
Thanks for these truly voltairian wise words Pottel. You would have deserved to be French ! ;)

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #1316 on: July 15, 2015, 08:22:48 AM »
Love free speech opinions. Must say AMiT is a bit of a drag these days, searching for comments of people that have actually been to a concert rather than constant reactions to setlists. However, there are a lot more troubling things happening in the world than my own perceived quality of an internet discussion forum declining.
I must say I've loved the vids junkiedoll put up recently, if only you could attend every show mate :)
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1317 on: July 15, 2015, 08:26:06 AM »
Unbelievable jbaent!
Unbelievable!!!
Unbelievable!!!

Of course not, it doesn´t deserve a reply, you already did it quite well.  :thumbsup

By the way, @Surferboy, I don´t want to bother you anymore, so if you follow this link and you introduce my nickname, from that moment you won´t see anymore posts by me. You can do it with as many members as you want, so you can keep your spirit levels high always.

The link: http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=lists;sa=ignore;u=67
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 08:50:30 AM by jbaent »
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1318 on: July 15, 2015, 08:48:35 AM »
Hello everybody. Why can't we just stop fighting about setlist and moaning!! Would be nice to enjoy just the Music today!! And YLT was such wonderful news. It saved my day yesterday!!!  :wave

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #1319 on: July 15, 2015, 11:54:46 AM »
Unbelievable jbaent!
Unbelievable!!!
Unbelievable!!!

Thankyou surferboy! I agree with your words! Although jbaent isn't the one spreading the constructive negativity on amit. There's others doing that

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 45 queries.