Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 606745 times)

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1320 on: July 15, 2015, 12:40:05 PM »
Unbelievable jbaent!
"I can't believe my eyes..."
Is it really not enough that moaners like you have literally killed the AMIT forum by continuing to criticize daily in every single concert thread???
Why on earth can't you stop killing Guy's forum, too?
How many million times does Guy have to say that he doesn't want setlist questions being discussed on his forum?
How many million times till you respect that???
Unbelievable!!!
Don't you realize just for one second that you are spoiling things for so many fans who feel so deeply embarrassed and ashamed by the never ending molesting of Guy who has done so much for us???
Is it really not enough for you to spill out your destructive negativity daily (!) on this forum?
Is it really not yet enough damage done for you here?
Unbelievable!!!

Thankyou surferboy! I agree with your words! Although jbaent isn't the one spreading the constructive negativity on amit. There's others doing that

The last weeks it's much nicer on amit. A month ago the moaning was much worse. It's okay now imo.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

foma

« Reply #1321 on: July 15, 2015, 12:45:26 PM »
Thanks to Your Latest Sausage ;D

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #1322 on: July 15, 2015, 01:25:12 PM »
Thanks to Your Latest Sausage ;D
Or Your Latest Saxage  ;) ;)
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1323 on: July 15, 2015, 09:52:56 PM »
Unbelievable jbaent!
"I can't believe my eyes..."
Is it really not enough that moaners like you have literally killed the AMIT forum by continuing to criticize daily in every single concert thread???
Why on earth can't you stop killing Guy's forum, too?
How many million times does Guy have to say that he doesn't want setlist questions being discussed on his forum?
How many million times till you respect that???
Unbelievable!!!
Don't you realize just for one second that you are spoiling things for so many fans who feel so deeply embarrassed and ashamed by the never ending molesting of Guy who has done so much for us???
Is it really not enough for you to spill out your destructive negativity daily (!) on this forum?
Is it really not yet enough damage done for you here?
Unbelievable!!!

Thankyou surferboy! I agree with your words! Although jbaent isn't the one spreading the constructive negativity on amit. There's others doing that

The last weeks it's much nicer on amit. A month ago the moaning was much worse. It's okay now imo.

Once again I totally agree with you Dutchessy!!! It has been really better!!! :thumbsup :wave
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #1324 on: July 17, 2015, 01:42:52 AM »
we need to stop taking everything so seriously. there is a world out there people.
+1000  :thumbsup
"remember, after all these are only songs, you know..." (Paul McCartney)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #1325 on: July 17, 2015, 10:20:56 PM »
we need to stop taking everything so seriously. there is a world out there people.

Can I start a PMC vs John Lennon debate on the matter?

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

11-54_Stringcheese

« Reply #1326 on: July 20, 2015, 03:43:40 AM »
No action in Guy's forum these days. Is he simply fed up? No time? Good luck catching up!

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #1327 on: July 20, 2015, 10:06:00 AM »

Can I start a PMC vs John Lennon debate on the matter?

well if you want  :lol

I guess Paul said this in an itw after the Manson tragedy, meaning that there was too much consideration/analyse about songs lyrics in general

And John agreed on this many times saying that journalists were always finding some hidden messages in his lyrics while there wasn't, and many of them he wrote with nonsense, just for the rimes.

Of course John took the things seriously when  turning to politics, protest, etc... and there was the famous fighting with "how do you sleep / silly love songs", but still, many artists like Dylan for example, are saying the same thing :"don't take my songs too seriously, I sometimes even don't know myself what I wanted to mean in my lyrics", so...

of course I understand that music, and songs can be milestones in someone's life. I love music, it's my passion, but hey, there are things in the world far more serious than MK's setlists...and that's why I like Pottel's sentence, I think it sums it up to us all : sometimes we must calm down, take a breath, and remember : all we are talking is just "songs"  :)

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1328 on: July 20, 2015, 07:35:46 PM »
Absolutely JF, you are so right!!! Even this Forum should not be taken seriously. I myself come here quite often just to relax and talk about MK's Music not to fight over Moaners and Bootlickers. MK certainly doesn't care a bit anymore about what we think or want. He makes his own decisions and that is what it is!!
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1329 on: July 21, 2015, 02:26:08 PM »
Guy just confessed to our beloved Pottel that MK didn´t recall that he wrote "She´s Gone" for Metroland, and that it was Jim Cox idea...

Funny that a session musician recalls a piece of work of one of the many artists who play with, but the own artist doesn´t  :lol
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1330 on: July 21, 2015, 02:33:23 PM »
By the way, I was on Twitter yesterday evening and I saw that Guy had his wife with him and he posted there something about enjoying the beauty of Italy so I assumed that he closed his forum for a while because of that which is a pretty good reason!!!

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #1331 on: July 21, 2015, 03:30:39 PM »
I really like the way they do it nowadays with having an intro from a filmscore into playing another song.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #1332 on: July 21, 2015, 03:37:44 PM »
I really like the way they do it nowadays with having an intro from a filmscore into playing another song.
+1  :D

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1333 on: July 21, 2015, 04:49:15 PM »
Guy just confessed to our beloved Pottel that MK didn´t recall that he wrote "She´s Gone" for Metroland, and that it was Jim Cox idea...

Funny that a session musician recalls a piece of work of one of the many artists who play with, but the own artist doesn´t  :lol
dude, i was so amazed when i read that too....
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1334 on: July 21, 2015, 06:04:48 PM »

what a surprise... he didn't recall writing it...

Now after this She's gone/Your Latest trick idea, someone in the band should have the idea to replace Broken Bones with Ride Across the River and with zero songs from Tracker the Tracker tour will become the Brothers in Arms 30th Anniversary Tour

+1000 :thumbsup

Now we're talking!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 41 queries.