Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 606889 times)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #300 on: August 18, 2009, 11:54:50 AM »
Yeah, go easy on Guy. Remember, he's not there to speak for MK. If the question had been "Are there any young guitarists that you and MK admire?" then he may have got a lengthier answer.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #301 on: August 18, 2009, 12:55:55 PM »
Taking onboard your above comments i ask myself, Why have a Q&A forum that GF obviously invests a lot of time in, when 99% of the questions are about MK and you cant bloody answer any? ???
I guess i don`t understand this dismissive, short answer mindset - it reads all wrong to me.

I think i`m best off avoiding the website. I`ll get my MK news info via AMIT from now on!
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #302 on: August 18, 2009, 01:00:35 PM »
He does answer questions about MK, but usually only "professional" ones, ie about the new record, or the tour or what type of guitar Mk played on a certain track.

Asking MK's opinion on anything is a whole different kettle of fish in my opinion. On the "professional" subjects he can usually give facts. I don't expect him to be able to give MK's opinion, on new guitarists or anything else. GF can of course give GF's opinion.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Rollergirl

« Reply #303 on: August 18, 2009, 01:03:16 PM »
It's the Guy Fletcher forum, he can only answer questions about Guy Fletcher and can't be held responsible if people are asking about MK, all he can do is reply as best as he can.

Guy is the best thing that happened to MK fans since sliced bread (  ;) ), we are very lucky to have him, and as President of the Fletcherettes, I will NOT have ANYBODY say anything wrong against him  ;D

(but I respect your point of view and that you prefer to avoid his website)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 01:07:34 PM by Rollergirl »

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #304 on: August 18, 2009, 01:37:01 PM »
I can understand what youre saying Fletch but youre being a bit harsh on GF ???

For one he doesnt need to do what he does ie answer questions day in day out about his best mate (or one of them anyway).As others have said its the GF forum,not the MK forum,but most of the questions on there are about MK??
Secondly,without him we would certainly know a lot later about the,world tours,new albums,studio work etc etc.
Thirdly he is'nt MK,so he cant speak for him in relation to most issues & topics but he can give his own opinion.

Do we know any other band member that goes to the trouble that he goes through to get a tour diary out every day while they are on tour so that we can get an insight to whats happening on the other side of the world???  Or,runs competitions to get people like us into meet'n'greets that we wouldnt have a snowballs chance in hell of getting into otherwise??? If you ever meet PC you'll understand what I mean ::)

He's one of the good Guys 8) 8) 
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #305 on: August 18, 2009, 01:56:34 PM »
Ehr... Don't forget we're one of the very few fans of a group of musicians who are able to ask a question. Often these questions are answered, sometimes they are not. Every day many questions are submitted, it's hardly impossible to answer all questions and go into detail (most of the time, the first question of many is answered). I suppose Guy has more work to do than answering fans' questions all day long. A few years ago, Guy updated his site once in two weeks, now it's been updated almost every day! I'm happy Guy created the opportunity for us to ask questions. And yes, sometimes people are rude to ask personal questions or questions Guy can't answer. You can't answer all question yourself, can you? Would you?

Offlinestrat61

• Guitar George
« Reply #306 on: August 18, 2009, 02:35:33 PM »
Why even ask a question like that - you might as well ask "Does Mark like any good guitar players or just the bad ones?" When someone is talented isn't it obviuos anyway, maybe it's not your style or taste - example I hate Chelsea but they have some great talent ..where am I going with this   ???

Offlinepjh3121

• Local Hero
« Reply #307 on: August 18, 2009, 03:12:03 PM »
Nothing rude about that answer at all, he was just indicating that he doesn't know but is sure that there are some.

Guy performs a great and unique service to us fans and remains remarkably patient with some of the silly questions he gets; as well as some of the ones that are written in pigeon English (which is understandable if the poster is not a native UK speaker) .

He deserves our thanks.

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #308 on: August 18, 2009, 04:03:08 PM »
& has to put up with the boys from Brazil who tell him (10 times while apologizing & telling him where he can get it) that they have downloaded his latest co- production from the internet 2 months before the release date ::) ::)
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #309 on: August 18, 2009, 04:28:59 PM »
Guy is an absolute sweetheart and we are very lucky indeed to have him answering our questions, including those from very rude and irritating people who keep asking the same question over and over again.  We should all be thankful we have, through him, a link to MK, which otherwise would be an impossibility!
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #310 on: August 18, 2009, 08:16:34 PM »
i am pretty sure he nows exactly who mark fancies, but as said, some things he is not at liberty to discuss, and that is not his choice but MArk'S.
and yes, he at least friggin answers a question, i now wrote Paul Cockford twice and got zilch, not even a mail saying, sorry you dumb f.... but i ain't got no time for your silly questions.
if even david knopfler can take the time to reply ( ;D) , why can't friggin PC??
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Rollergirl

« Reply #311 on: August 18, 2009, 09:10:09 PM »
i am pretty sure he nows exactly who mark fancies, but as said, some things he is not at liberty to discuss, and that is not his choice but MArk'S.

And why on earth should he discuss what somebody else likes? If I was in Mark's position, I wouldn't want my likes and dislikes to be discussed on my mate's blog. Not that it's a secret but...what's the point?

Rollergirl

« Reply #312 on: August 18, 2009, 09:11:36 PM »
not even a mail saying, sorry you dumb f.... but i ain't got no time for your silly questions.

well, not replying is a way of saying just that, innit? Sometimes, actions (or lack of) speak louder than words...

;D

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #313 on: August 18, 2009, 11:46:40 PM »
No worries, this is the second time i`ve read the Q&A and my eyes popped out, so i`ll just give it a miss. :)
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #314 on: August 19, 2009, 12:10:01 AM »
I have many times started a question on Guy site and dropped it because it was sort of "this question is really for Mark not Guy". But professionaly Guy is working a lot with Mark so I guess that he understand that a lot of question are MK related, just that he can only answer question he is allowed to talk about or he know about. So asking Guy what he like is a wise question but asking Guy what MK likes is a bot of crossing the line. 
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 43 queries.