Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 606892 times)

Love Expresso

Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #630 on: June 01, 2012, 11:55:57 AM »
Snotty most of the time.

Interesting that there is Lars who was so depressed about his answer that he felt the need to post it here - the same morning I was also about to say thanks to Guy for his very "intriguing", not to say ridiculous answer to my double album question. But obviously it is some kind of dry british humour I am missing here. I have a sentence in mind about kissing and sun and shining if you know what I mean...

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #631 on: June 01, 2012, 02:01:54 PM »
Snotty most of the time.

No, subtle and understated - perhaps a little tongue-in-cheek.   ;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:04:08 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OnlinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #632 on: June 01, 2012, 02:31:50 PM »
I don't find Guy's answer rude at all.  It's just the English dry sense of humour!    ;D
absolutely, typically british, no need to feel insulted. lighten up is all i can say. he reserves his rude ones for the dumbasses that ask dmbass questions, not you guys
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Love Expresso

« Reply #633 on: June 01, 2012, 04:09:27 PM »
okay,

I will give him another chance then. Maybe he soon will have the honour to answer to one of my witty queries!   ;D

LE

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #634 on: June 01, 2012, 05:17:44 PM »
Sometimes a Dutchie, who I am, doesn't understand the British humour! Although I have all seasons of Fawlty Towers.. 8)
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #635 on: June 01, 2012, 06:05:01 PM »
There is a programme on BBC TV, which illustrates this kind of humour pretty well, "Have I Got News For You".   I always think that Paul Merton even looks a bit like Guy!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineStefan Kock

• Guitar George
« Reply #636 on: June 01, 2012, 06:43:57 PM »
The problem with written text is there isn't any visual of the other peron and no intonation. The meaning of things are therefore quite easily lost, especially when English isn't your main language. I agree though that Guy should sometimes put more effort into his answers or let things unanswered at all.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #637 on: June 01, 2012, 06:57:02 PM »
The problem with written text is there isn't any visual of the other peron and no intonation. The meaning of things are therefore quite easily lost, especially when English isn't your main language. I agree though that Guy should sometimes put more effort into his answers or let things unanswered at all.
+1

P.S.  To save another pretty meaningless post such as this would it not be a good idea to include a "like" button/option to click if you agree with someone's opinion, such as they employ on Facebook?  If this is possible I think it would be a nice feature.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OnlinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #638 on: June 01, 2012, 07:01:18 PM »
+1

P.S.  To save another pretty meaningless post such as this would it not be a good idea to include a "like" button/option to click if you agree with someone's opinion, such as they employ on Facebook?  If this is possible I think it would be a nice feature.
+1
True.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #639 on: June 01, 2012, 07:17:58 PM »
Remember "karma"  "exalt"  and "smite"  at the very beginning of this forum?   It was much the same thing and was quickly removed, thank goodness!    ::)    If anything needs to be said, have the courage, at least, to say it in words!   A "like" or "don't like" button is the lazy option and is one of the many reasons I refuse to join FB.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:30:39 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #640 on: June 01, 2012, 09:04:38 PM »
Remember "karma"  "exalt"  and "smite"  at the very beginning of this forum?   It was much the same thing and was quickly removed, thank goodness!    ::)    If anything needs to be said, have the courage, at least, to say it in words!   A "like" or "don't like" button is the lazy option and is one of the many reasons I refuse to join FB.
+1

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #641 on: June 03, 2012, 04:50:10 PM »
Just noticed the Union Jack flags banner in Guy's site (are they the Union Jack flags? I recall a discussion about it in a Doctor Who episode and I cant remember the other kind of Union flag...)
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #642 on: June 03, 2012, 05:18:39 PM »
Just noticed the Union Jack flags banner in Guy's site (are they the Union Jack flags? I recall a discussion about it in a Doctor Who episode and I cant remember the other kind of Union flag...)

Yes, noticed them this morning.   The flag is called The Union Flag, except when it is flown on a ship, then it is called The Union Jack.   
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #643 on: June 03, 2012, 07:31:25 PM »

Yes, noticed them this morning.   The flag is called The Union Flag, except when it is flown on a ship, then it is called The Union Jack.   

Yeah! That was the conversation in Doctor Who, the Docta was talking with Rose (his companion, by Billie Piper) about it and she explained that difference, because his mother had "lot of boyfriends from the navy"

Actually never realised that that flag was a union between several flags...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #644 on: June 24, 2012, 12:05:17 PM »
Hi,

this might not exactly be the right thread, but anyway:

Guy has twittered that some news about the "incredible project" at British Grove will come up soon, and John McCusker too twittered two pics yesterday,
one with Danny, and  one with Guy and some other folk people?? Can we expect some suprise?

LE
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 01:43:11 PM by Love Expresso »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 41 queries.