Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 606821 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2009, 06:55:52 PM »
Fieneke, My guess is that Isabella is left on the picture from Leon (Guy's son), or possibly in front of Kitty?  I did see Isabella at Hay, two years ago, but of course she has grown up since then!  Maybe Katya is on the front row, second from left?  I think we are going to have fun doing the guessing game!   ;D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 07:00:05 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #196 on: March 23, 2009, 12:52:48 AM »
What a great photo of the kids :)  My guess is that Katya is the blonde in front wearing purple -- third from the left.  I think Isabella is in the middle with her head down, so you can't see her entire face.  Of course, I have no idea -- it's just a guess.  They all look like they're having lots of fun though ;D
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

OfflineSlavi

• Camerado
    • Official Chris White Fan Site
« Reply #197 on: March 23, 2009, 03:32:25 PM »
Yeah...What a lovely photo!! I'm pretty sure that Joan's and Val's first guess about Isabella is correct. Don't know about Katya - she must be at 5 now.

OfflineJagry

• Guitar George
« Reply #198 on: March 23, 2009, 11:27:58 PM »
Well, I believe that Katya is on the first row, second from the left!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 11:55:15 PM by Jagry »
Some other kind of magic was sending shivers up my spine

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2009, 10:59:45 AM »
Hi all,

Forgive me if i`m out of line here, BUT, after a quick perusal of Guys Q & A forum - he strikes me as quite short, unhelpful and dare i say it rude?

For instance, i searched under `Clapton` and a few folks asked if MK and EC would ever record together? Very short dismissive answers. Same for appearing at the Crossroads festival - surely an answer along the lines of `Mark gets invited often` deserves more explanation?

I understand Guy is a proffesional muso and obviously busy, but why bother hosting a forum and answering questions if you`re just going to be dismissive to the fans?

Glad i got that off my chest! Phew!

:)
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Rollergirl

« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2009, 11:27:07 AM »
glad you got it off your chest. It's not healthy to keep it in!  ;D

However, you risk facing the wrath of the Fletcherettes (of which I am the self appointed President as of now ;D ).

It is true that some of his answers are quite short, but when you have been asked the same question 100 times, you can be forgiven for not going into details every time. Plus, he works quite closely to Mark, true, but he is not Mark and 1) he might not know why Mark does this or that or not  and 2) even if he does, it is not his place to write about it on the net.

draad

« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2009, 11:31:58 AM »
Wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of you Nat! ;)

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2009, 11:33:04 AM »
Does anyone know who the people in Martina's picture are?

Slightly off topic,but did we ever find out who yer man with the camera is ::) ::)
If it aint broke dont fix it!

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2009, 11:42:20 AM »
Fair comment Rollergirl - i just find it odd that the fella obviously spends a lot of time answering stuff but ends up sounding quite abrupt. He must realise when you work closely with a living legend AND open yourself to Q & A time, that you`ll end up talking about the Legend and not much about your favourite DX7?

OK i`m not going to flog a dead horse, i`ve only checked out his site a couple of times, i`ll just stick to the music and enjoy! :)
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Rollergirl

« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2009, 11:48:17 AM »
Fair comment Rollergirl - i just find it odd that the fella obviously spends a lot of time answering stuff but ends up sounding quite abrupt. He must realise when you work closely with a living legend AND open yourself to Q & A time, that you`ll end up talking about the Legend and not much about your favourite DX7?

true but he can't answer for him.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2009, 11:53:43 AM »
I don't think he's rude. Personally I think it's amazing that I can email a question to MK's right hand man and have it answered within 24 hrs usually.

There are certain topics that interest him more than others, and I certainly try to think carefully about my questions before I send them to make them as interesting as possible for him, to encourage a longer answer. It seems to me that some people (quite often people for whom English is a second language, so maybe they don't realise that GF gets bored of certain things easily) don't really put a lot of thought into their question and will just ask something that's been done to death, ie Meet and Greet, setlist, personal stuff.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Rollergirl

« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2009, 02:35:23 PM »
OK Dusty, you can be the vice-president of the Fletcherettes ;D

(president of vice, that is  ;D  ;D )

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
« Reply #207 on: March 26, 2009, 10:45:28 PM »
I personally think that Guy is a TOP BLOKE. 8)
The fact he does what he does for us fans is amazing. We are so lucky he takes the time at all to answer the constant stream of Q's.
His album & tour diaries are an amazing insight into the 'WORLD OF KNOPFLER' & the band.
I too, if i ever ask a question, always try to think VERY carefully as to the content, so as to make it as 'answer worthy' as possible.
I may be a bit bias as well, because Guy, through a caption comp in 08, made me a 2nd place winner behind Waterline Man, which led to a life long ambition of mine, which was a M&G with Mark & the band.
A handshake & an autograph. ;D ;D

To be fair though, i must admit that some of his answers to Q's can on occassions seem a bit rude,
but if you read his forum on a daily basis like i do, then believe me, these are in the minority,
and they are normally a response from a question meant as a deliberate wind up. (DS to re-form, set-list question for the millionth time)etc......................

LONG LIVE DR FLETCH.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

DR FLETCH FOR KING.

Cheers  BBB.

PS.
Guy if you read this, please can you organise a trip to British Grove for me. ;)

Grovel, Grovel, kiss, kiss. :-* ;) ;D
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
« Reply #208 on: March 26, 2009, 10:53:23 PM »
Interesting question has just been asked on Guy's forum, with an even more interesting answer.!

Question.............(not from me)!

Hi Guy Hope you and the rest of the band are well! Really looking forward to the new album and tour, same as everyone else of course - just a question about the recent glut of rhythm games. I was just wondering if Mark has ever been approached to approve tracks for Guitar Hero / Rock Band etc. I have been reading on a lot of the forums, many guitar hero gamers have been asking for a Straits pack with Sultans etc on it, and quite a few asking for MK packs too. I would love to see some DS/MK tracks on either of the games and would make a change from a lot of the rubbish that is included with the games. Many thanks.

Answer..............

Well their wishes are about to be granted...moves are afoot.

Cheers  BBB
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

draad

« Reply #209 on: March 26, 2009, 11:48:51 PM »
Can I be a Fletcherette too please Nat? Perhaps sit on the council?

Guy is to be treasured!

He is an all round decent bloke and he is our friend. He provides us fans with so much that I'm overwhelmed with admiration. Not just with his site and the effort he puts into that, but also with his little gigs and his willingness to mix with the fans at them.

Guy's replies to questions on his Forum have to be brief - he's a v busy man, and sometimes they have to be brief because he can't say too much! I don't think there is a rude bone in that man's body, and he displays more patience on the Forum than many of the questions deserve.

Mark is lucky to have our Guy as his right hand man, and I suspect he knows it.

Long live Dr Fletch!! 

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 45 queries.