Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 605721 times)

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #780 on: July 25, 2013, 09:21:07 PM »
They are planning something for oktober ;-) US-tour

I know Ingrid but if you read between the lines in Guy's answer than you can think they are planning something for 2014 or is it just me  :think

It's just you. He doesn't want to say anything and reading between the lines leads to nothing in Guy's answers in my opinion.
There will not be a tour in 2014. There's no new album, and I can't imagine MK touring like others who do the same tour for years. He wants to write, a new album and then go touring again. My 2 cents

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #781 on: July 26, 2013, 04:05:51 AM »
They are planning something for oktober ;-) US-tour

I know Ingrid but if you read between the lines in Guy's answer than you can think they are planning something for 2014 or is it just me  :think

It's just you. He doesn't want to say anything and reading between the lines leads to nothing in Guy's answers in my opinion.
There will not be a tour in 2014. There's no new album, and I can't imagine MK touring like others who do the same tour for years. He wants to write, a new album and then go touring again. My 2 cents
One little minor detail to keep in mind..Mark likes to write..all ..the ..time..even when on tour. If you were to ask Guy if Mark has been writing during the tour..his answer would be something akin to the usual dodge.."Mark is always writing". He may very well already have songs written for the next album..it's the recording and production that will take time to fit into everyone's schedule. Least we forget how quick Mark had songs ready to go for "Get Lucky" on the heels of the KTGC Tour. And lastly...simply put..Mark loves to tour. Your 2 cents..added to my 2 cents Ingrid adds up to another tour sometime in the next 2 years...tour in the Spring of 2015.    ;D
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #782 on: July 26, 2013, 01:18:51 PM »
This quote from MK's recent press release makes it sound like he's already got enough material to put out another album:

I'm enjoying the process more than ever, writing, recording and playing live, I enjoy all of it.  I'm almost tripping over songs."

Also, in an interview I saw about Privateering, I remember hearing him say:

"It could have been a triple album".  :clap :clap :clap

It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #783 on: July 26, 2013, 01:21:09 PM »
New album in december ;D Well that would be something wouldn't it.. If he already recorded another album..
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #784 on: July 26, 2013, 03:06:32 PM »
New album in december ;D Well that would be something wouldn't it.. If he already recorded another album..

absolutely not...............don't fool your self my friend.

if their was recorded something for a new record Guy would have written about it in a studio diary and his new American record label
first want to sell out some privateering albums in the US to people who didn't order it online.

And normally a new album is pre -announced months for its release , not talking about the pre album single ..............there is a little short of time , four and a half month  :think

as I learned : hope is the last to go................................you may joy the idea :wave
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #785 on: July 26, 2013, 03:21:23 PM »

absolutely not...............don't fool your self my friend.

if their was recorded something for a new record Guy would have written about it in a studio diary and his new American record label
first want to sell out some privateering albums in the US to people who didn't order it online.

And normally a new album is pre -announced months for its release , not talking about the pre album single ..............there is a little short of time , four and a half month  :think

as I learned : hope is the last to go................................you may joy the idea :wave
I was joking  ;)
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #786 on: July 26, 2013, 03:26:35 PM »
Here is the 'ususal' schedule..Mark and Guy are back in the studio in September to start putting the songs together...time out for the Holidays..the band is back in London for recording in February..mixing and production in April...album release the first week of September. All that being said..I'm looking forward to a new release September of 2014. Imho of course  ;D
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #787 on: July 26, 2013, 03:33:06 PM »
that's a relieve Holaknopfler  ;D

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #788 on: July 26, 2013, 08:20:42 PM »
Here is the 'ususal' schedule..Mark and Guy are back in the studio in September to start putting the songs together...time out for the Holidays..the band is back in London for recording in February..mixing and production in April...album release the first week of September. All that being said..I'm looking forward to a new release September of 2014. Imho of course  ;D
what do you think the new album will be called.  ;D

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #789 on: July 26, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »
Sultans of setlists  :think

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #790 on: July 27, 2013, 10:34:25 AM »
Sultans of setlists  :think

Setlisting me up?  :)
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Love Expresso

« Reply #791 on: July 27, 2013, 10:37:58 AM »
"Get A Life"

LE

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #792 on: July 27, 2013, 11:38:31 AM »
Back to whether (or rather when) there'll bea new album.

If PRIVATEERING sells less well in North America once released (because those who want it have already imported it), then maybe Universal will ask for "new product" to put on the market there earlier than we might expect in the normal circumstances.

Actually, I would think not because I'd guess that MK and PCM will have been wise enough to forestall that kind of record company pressure within the contract.

On the other hand, who knows? Maybe part of getting the deal was first to release PRIVATEERING there and to tour behind it in North America but then to produce a follow-up album within a given period, possibly a shorter period than is the "norm" with Mark. Only those involved on both sides and their lawyers and accountants will know but, if it happens this way or anything close to this way, then I would not be surprised to learn subsequently that this had all been sorted out in the negotiations for this recording contract.

Slight change of subject:

Has there been any indication of who now owns the rights to the material that the preevious record company released in the past? Could they, for example, release a compilation album without MK's agreement (or involvement)? Or have the rights all reverted to MK?

Again, I assume the latter but, then, you never can tell. Does anyone know the answer for certain?

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #793 on: July 27, 2013, 11:53:04 AM »
A Spanish friend of mine told me that he knows someone from Universal Records that told him that a Live record its in the pipeline, or at least, it was before the tour started, and the idea was to release a 2cd + dvd pack, in the beguining, probably the RAH shows for the audio and the BBC show for the dvd, but we
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #794 on: July 27, 2013, 11:56:23 AM »
Slight change of subject:

Has there been any indication of who now owns the rights to the material that the preevious record company released in the past? Could they, for example, release a compilation album without MK's agreement (or involvement)? Or have the rights all reverted to MK?

Again, I assume the latter but, then, you never can tell. Does anyone know the answer for certain?

I guess they can, actually, even release a live record of recorded material during the DS and MK years with Warner, but compilations, I think they can be made without asking. At least Universal does it with a Spanish singer who is not in contract with them anymore, the artist I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 39 queries.