Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 606755 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1260 on: June 10, 2015, 07:23:26 PM »
Do you know, the very reason I am very critical of Mark is because I am such a massive fan.  30 years this year, in fact.  I have him placed on a pedestal and whenever he does something that is imperfect then that upsets me because I know just what he is capable of.  That is why I am critical of him and that is why I am a real fan. 

I'm not going to say people who do not criticise aren't real fans.  What I will say is that this is just my character and I suppose it makes me a realist.  Perhaps the people who don't criticise have a more positive outlook. We all have different characters and we should all try to understand each other and accept us for who we are.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #1261 on: June 10, 2015, 07:29:12 PM »
I still believe that if 'positive people' just stop using the term 'real fan', it will extremely decrease the negativeness of many people, me included.
See, when somebody types 'a real fan', like Ingrid on Guy's Forum recently, it basically means that all the other people is just a bunch of forgeries?

Why say critics to go to listen Justin Bieber? Why opposite critics telling they are not a real fans? Who really a real fan? Real fan love just everything?

In the end of the day, nobody can say wether critics are too much negative, or 'real fans' too negative to critics. Both groups of fans is over-overreacting.

To me critics of the critics is much more worse than just moaning. Stop using the term 'real fan' and all will be okay.
And this is another example of ridiculous 'real fan' attitude:

I do think you have a point there, foma. We're all just fans.

Maybe it's the same with being a <sports> fan (please insert: <football, cricket, tennis, etc.>). You're a fan of a team or a player. But sometimes you're not impressed by their or his performance. Or maybe even disappointed. Herlock mentioned Voltaire in this case and I comply with this attitude. But in the end, Guy shouldn't be the one who gets all the complaints when fans aren't satisfied with the setlist. He can't change it. People can write to PC, but I'm sure that he won't bother. So IMHO this lovely forum we've got is the place to mention criticism.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #1262 on: June 10, 2015, 07:32:13 PM »
Do you know, the very reason I am very critical of Mark is because I am such a massive fan.  30 years this year, in fact.  I have him placed on a pedestal and whenever he does something that is imperfect then that upsets me because I know just what he is capable of.  That is why I am critical of him and that is why I am a real fan. 

I'm not going to say people who do not criticise aren't real fans.  What I will say is that this is just my character and I suppose it makes me a realist.  Perhaps the people who don't criticise have a more positive outlook. We all have different characters and we should all try to understand each other and accept us for who we are.
+1000
I often disagree with you when it comes to best versions of songs, and that's perfectly fine ! As one politician once said, if we thing the same thing, that means that we don't think anymore. The important thing is to agree that we can disagree and that is perfectly fine. We don't talk to others so that there are a mirror of ourselves (what's the point !) but so that we can confront viewpoints and progress.

For once let me tell you that i wholeheartedly agree with your post, dmg :))

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1263 on: June 10, 2015, 07:44:29 PM »
I do not think that there are real fans and others who are writing critics about MK's Setlist!!! The trouble is that some people are mixing everything here and making a big fuss without serious reasons!!! We are on this forum simply because we love MK's Music and this is what we should all remember because MK doesn't really care about critics and he organises his Gigs like he wants anyway!! The only thing that he has to do is to give us a good performance of the songs he decides to play and according to me that's what he's making!! But again that's my opinion because I am not a musician myself, I simply appreciate very very much what he composes!! Enjoy your evening everybody!!
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1264 on: June 10, 2015, 07:45:41 PM »

+1000
I often disagree with you when it comes to best versions of songs, and that's perfectly fine ! As one politician once said, if we thing the same thing, that means that we don't think anymore. The important thing is to agree that we can disagree and that is perfectly fine. We don't talk to others so that there are a mirror of ourselves (what's the point !) but so that we can confront viewpoints and progress.

Thanks.  I thought we did agree on most things!  Perhaps not to the nth degree, but more or less.  :)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1265 on: June 10, 2015, 07:55:06 PM »

Hey, dmg!    I agree with you!    ;D     :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #1266 on: June 10, 2015, 08:00:08 PM »

+1000

Thanks.  I thought we did agree on most things!  Perhaps not to the nth degree, but more or less.  :)
Well this year we agree more because you are more enthusiast than previous years ;) so we can agree for instance on how great a TR solo is ! But you always throw something big so that we disagree again - last one being asking for HFB, one of my dearest classic solo songs, to retire !!! But you are honest about your opinions, so I respect them ! :)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1267 on: June 10, 2015, 09:53:10 PM »
Who is henk from Maastricht that Spoke so negatively about Amit on guys forum? If he is a member here, I just wonder why he feels the need to do this, and not discuss on here? What is there to gain by doing this on guys forum?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1268 on: June 10, 2015, 09:54:59 PM »
Guy's forum is now closed.

I knew it would happen eventually...

He really was too patiente with all the complaints, that has nothing to do with him but with MK decissions on setlists.

He changed his mind  :)

Well well!! What happened here??? I've been busy working and now I see that this Forum is also in trouble!! That's a pity!! Regarding Guy Fletcher if he changed his mind about closing his Forum then it's wise!!!! I respect the opinions of others regarding the Setlist but we don't have to be mean to eachother if we disagree!! :hmm
qué and why?

Sorry Pottel, I was lost in translation!!! Now I start to get the picture!!! :thumbsup
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #1269 on: June 10, 2015, 10:35:15 PM »
Who is henk from Maastricht that Spoke so negatively about Amit on guys forum? If he is a member here, I just wonder why he feels the need to do this, and not discuss on here? What is there to gain by doing this on guys forum?

http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=4450.msg98783#msg98783

"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1270 on: June 10, 2015, 11:48:35 PM »

Henk1951 on amit. See first or second page of Amsterdam concert for the exact happening.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #1271 on: June 11, 2015, 12:21:38 AM »

Henk1951 on amit. See first or second page of Amsterdam concert for the exact happening.

It was my response that made the fuse pop. He was asking people why they were so negative. I just turned the question the other way around, rhetorically. I guess it was his first ever opposition in life?
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #1272 on: June 11, 2015, 01:05:39 AM »
yeah but read :

quoted "
........... The same negativism is at this moment topic of discussion in AMIT. I commented on their negativism in some cases referring to your remark about the rest of the tour as a reaction to my post. Answer: Why being positive.....
end quote

than read again:
"in some cases" which means IMO at least two or more time ,multiple indeed

From the 6 posts by Henk1951 , only one!! was about this so called negativism.

in some cases people run to Guy to put everybody ,and by that this forums name, under the same umbrella.

Sorry to say Henk1951 but you spoke unnecessary for a whole community, which make you the leader of the pact?
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1273 on: June 11, 2015, 08:46:06 AM »
@Henk: this is just an open forum, open to negative comments as well as positive ones (we prefer positive, but are realists) we do not want to go back to the mknews forum days, where every little bit of not kissing MK ass was deleted or could get  you banned.
again, as long as no one is being insulted by name (or insinuation) then it is ok for me, on this forum.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #1274 on: June 11, 2015, 08:53:50 AM »
@Henk: this is just an open forum, open to negative comments as well as positive ones (we prefer positive, but are realists) we do not want to go back to the mknews forum days, where every little bit of not kissing MK ass was deleted or could get  you banned.
again, as long as no one is being insulted by name (or insinuation) then it is ok for me, on this forum.

Pottel, there are some personal insults lying around these last couple of days, frankly only from people who apparently will keep on the sunny side. Even though I myself ain't affected and pity those who call people i.e. "worms" due to the fact that they themselves have run out of valid arguments - there might be those who could be hurt by such insults.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 10:50:39 AM by border_reiver »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 35 queries.