Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Simfy Concerts you HAVE to buy  (Read 14639 times)

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
Simfy Concerts you HAVE to buy
« on: June 09, 2010, 01:39:39 PM »
Chaps and Chapesses...

I dont know about you but with most concerts since the RAH now being available via those guys at Simfy - im sure most of us would like ALL the concerts but i speak for myself when i say funds wont allow that - so there must be some "must have" concerts...

So my understanding is - so far the must have's are:

30th May 2010 - RAH - for a cracking live version of Monteleone
7th June - Frankfurt Germany - as recommended my Doc Fletch
8th June - Luxembourg - for the amazing into to Donegan's Gone - which could be off the seeing in the dark soundtrack

Any others need to be considered? 

Please if your going to add to this could you explain why you feel the concert is download worthy?  it would be interesting to hear specific reasons when making purchasing decisions!

Thanks Guys!

Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Love Expresso

Re: Simfy Concerts you HAVE to buy
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 01:50:04 PM »
So if I understand right all three available concerts so far are a MUST-HAVE?  ;D  - oh, I forgot Antwerp, that show must have been good, too!

I was thinking about some similar thread, really! When I read Guy's recommendation however I was not surprised - that show must really have been great!

I want Why Aye Man, Cleaning My Gun, and Donegan's Gone in good versions, because those songs were not played at London... But I think it is very
comfortable to wait and see what will happen! Maybe another killer show is appearing in the next few weeks...

LE
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 01:52:16 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 01:59:30 PM »
All are worth having just for the simple reason that they made them available for all the fans, after so many time begging for this kind of downloads...

I have all of them, and until now, they are 4, and the 4 of them have variations in the setlist, and there are some songs that were played in the past that are not in this soundboards (a night in summer, remembrance day, local hero) that I wish make a last visit to the audiences...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 02:00:16 PM »
I am currently listening to the Luxembourg one. I am in heaven at this moment listening to god himself.This stuff is invaluable, 15 euros are nothing compared to what you get! I am at Done with Bonaparte at this moment which I got a bit bored of it lately but this is one freaking awesome version, I love it! See ya when I am finished!

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 02:14:16 PM »
Glenn if you have RAH recording, please compare it to that Luxemburg stuff. I really hope that they will play Remembrance day so we can get a soundboard recording. What do you think why they stopped playing that? The usual "Mark wasn

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 02:45:57 PM »
My feeling as to why they stopped playing "Remembrance Day" is perhaps they decided it was not the right time of the year!   Remembrance Day is November 11th.  :-\    I felt it was a bit off-season myself!   A bit like playing a Christmas song in summer!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 02:48:48 PM »
Yeah, probably a good reason. There are also enough "quiet" songs in the set so it is one dreamingly, although great, number too much. Maybe the singing wasn't felt easy for MK... However, I like the set as it is now very much! I prefer WAM to WII, it is a better song number two in my opinion!

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 02:51:32 PM »
I think they stopped playing RD because it was a big changeover for Richard in equipment terms and in Oakland he made an error at the start by forgetting his capo.  Since that mistake they have never played the song again so it's a bit of a coincidence... :-\
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 03:09:46 PM »
We have all different opinion regarding what would be the "perfect" setlist.

Myself was very pleased with Tuesday setlist and performance in London.
Tomorrow is day off and Paris Bercy has no early curfew (can finish his show over midnight without problem) so  a one hour extend with plently of extra song is possible if he want to - play everything!

;D

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 03:23:17 PM »
Glenn if you have RAH recording, please compare it to that Luxemburg stuff. I really hope that they will play Remembrance day so we can get a soundboard recording. What do you think why they stopped playing that? The usual "Mark wasn´t happy with it"? Or played Tim a big part of it....I don´t think so.

Silvertown
Luxembourg is the only one I bought as I was waiting for a nice setlist , so I can't really compare but for me this was incredible I absolutely loved it,the sound is very very clear, you can hear parts in BR that you couldn't hear before,I bought this mainly for Why Aye Man because it surely developed a lot and these 2010 versions don't even compare to the early ones.Sultans of Swing was a very good version and I think it was mixed(or however you call that stuff) pretty well and it is a good reason to tell people that Mark is still the guitar god ,he hasn't got any slower he just likes to write new stuff that way! I am so glad that Donegan's Gone is back to the set I hope it stays a while ,I loved the one from this concert especially the ending which was faster than the other nights!
And yeah Mike McCusker, (as introduced by Mark in this one,I didn't expect it and it was very funny) he added a lot to the music and I am so glad he is staying for the rest of the tour!

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 03:38:49 PM »

And yeah Mike McCusker, (as introduced by Mark in this one,I didn't expect it and it was very funny) he added a lot to the music and I am so glad he is staying for the rest of the tour!

Do you mean Michael McGoldrick ?

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 03:42:18 PM »

Haha yeah but Mark made a mistake in introducing he said Mike McCusker instead. Funny! :P

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 03:53:19 PM »

Haha yeah but Mark made a mistake in introducing he said Mike McCusker instead. Funny! :P

Hey I now fully understand what you wrote  8)

Offlinejimbobaby

• Local Hero
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 09:17:33 PM »
I've so far bought Frankfurt which is really good.  A bit bass oriented but worth 14.99 for Marbletown alone.  I will probably buy Luxembourg to bet the set variation too.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 09:34:33 PM »
one word, after 10 shows for myself: Antwerp! even with the short setlist.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 42 queries.