Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 06:2013.05.03, Mediolanum Forum, Milan, IT # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 60192 times)

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
Oh when he starts drumming at the end of Privateering (the song) - the 2011 versions are all great... for example here:
from 5:05 on, quite simple, but with very much effect.. Liked it from the beginning!  :)
LE
Yup, very much effect. Would fit Working on a Railroad...  :lol
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado

This one is really brilliant. Amongst lots of other moments SaN has been played, but this video really shows the moments of DC
I don't question his skills and it does fit SaN of course.
There's not much dynamics in it or viariety "living" up to the song. It's a solid professional drum part. No less. But brilliant is Mark's guitar playing... :)
            Still brings me to tears

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Now I think what this discussion is about. It's the difference between some of us. I just feel the passion, don't look at technical skills or whatever (I can't judge, because I am not able to). I feel love and passion for music, the joy of playing, both DC and MK. I like the drumming of IT, but I don't FEEL it.

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
Now I think what this discussion is about. It's the difference between some of us. I just feel the passion, don't look at technical skills or whatever (I can't judge, because I am not able to). I feel love and passion for music, the joy of playing, both DC and MK. I like the drumming of IT, but I don't FEEL it.
That might be true indeed.
Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to do the vin rouge ! ;D
            Still brings me to tears

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
That might be true indeed.
Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to do the vin rouge ! ;D

Yes!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I absolutely prefer DC at drums. It's a matter of: I didn't notice drums at all till DC. So he really did something which has  touched me.

I agree with you, Ingrid.  The same thing happened with me.  It was at Edinburgh 2005 and ironically, it was Danny's drumming on Sonny Liston which made me aware of how great he was!   That's when I realised how important the drummer is to a band.   With Ian, I hear the drums, but they are not very subtle at times when they should be - Danny knew about subtlety and he could be Mr Horsepower too!    :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:23:17 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Back to Tupelo  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uf2D9Pd24c&feature=youtu.be

Thank you, Tunnel, for this beautiful clip!    I loved it, especially the end solo!   :thumbsup   :wave

I can't stop listening!   The guitar is soooooo beautiful!    :P
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:21:02 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineollyz

• Guitar George
Back to Tupelo  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uf2D9Pd24c&feature=youtu.be

Thank you, Tunnel, for this beautiful clip!    I loved it, especially the end solo!   :thumbsup   :wave

I can't stop listening!   The guitar is soooooo beautiful!    :P
Yep, fantastic song :thumbsup

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Hello , I did not check all the 12 pages of thi topic but who noticed that in Milan Mark did encounter a problem with his guitar during SOS and did drop some of the usual licks for the solo?

Two shows in a row and no Sonny Liston nor Bonaparte but Postcard back and the beautifull F&S as well. That was good move to my taste.

Will he have the balls to drop TR?

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Hello , I did not check all the 12 pages of thi topic but who noticed that in Milan Mark did encounter a problem with his guitar during SOS and did drop some of the usual licks for the solo?

Two shows in a row and no Sonny Liston nor Bonaparte but Postcard back and the beautifull F&S as well. That was good move to my taste.

Will he have the balls to drop TR?
If TR goes away, I will cry... :(

OfflineMaroretto

• Local Hero
News from Milano: an Italian member of AMIT is listening to the soundcheck right now.

;)

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
News from Milano: an Italian member of AMIT is listening to the soundcheck right now.

;)

:wave

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
I just noticed MK forgot to present Glenn Worf during Paraguay Intro

he was too busy singing some strange stuff while presenting :D
The band deserves more than a Dylan style introduction.  :think

Love Expresso

After listening (again) to the Milan Sultans:

What exactly was wrong with his guitar on that night? Do we know? And did it happen during the song (if so, when, what exact second?) He says after the
song "need to fix my guitar"... What tells us that something went wrong? Sorry if these questions sound stupid...

If he really realizes during the song that something on the guitar is broken and still plays on and delivers such a great version, he is really a genius. Now I want to think to what extent the playing was influenced by the defect thing, whatever it was. Can some guitar freak tell me? (Ingo maybe??)

Thanks in acvance!

LE

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
After listening (again) to the Milan Sultans:

What exactly was wrong with his guitar on that night? Do we know? And did it happen during the song (if so, when, what exact second?) He says after the
song "need to fix my guitar"... What tells us that something went wrong? Sorry if these questions sound stupid...

If he really realizes during the song that something on the guitar is broken and still plays on and delivers such a great version, he is really a genius. Now I want to think to what extent the playing was influenced by the defect thing, whatever it was. Can some guitar freak tell me? (Ingo maybe??)

Thanks in acvance!

LE

I wote about it in the Turin topic :

Something went wrong, a glitch at 4'00, and all the final solo is only played on the "treeble" chords, and he does not play the usual little thing.
And what is he saying at 8:35 about "yeah pitch in my guitar..."?

Pensaboy disagreed with my remark regarding that he played only the treeble string, and was right. But when witnessing the problem live I spent checking what was wrong during all the final solo especially when the day before SOS final solo sounded right.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 40 queries.