Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #10:2012.10.18 San Francisco, CA - Bill Graham Civic Aud, USA # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 42118 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
HFB:

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Love Expresso

Great series of videos, not only great sounding but really filmed well with some spot-on zooming and good picture quality. Good equipment obviously.

Do we know who has done it?

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I Used To Could is good rocking indeed. BUT (there's always a BUT) Jim's piano cannot replace the cool harmonica part from the album and sounds therefore a little uninspired. But Mark has great fun to play it, no doubt. Best rocker since Boom, Like That.

I think they chose a lot of different tracks from the album, which is nice. And I still think it is remarkable to hear a new tune at the tenth show, so "late" in the tour. At recent tours, Mark had started to form the definite set list at this time of tour. So we might be in for some other surprises, and dmg, you might be able to listen to some of the requested songs...  ;)

As I look at this tour for just another big rehearsal for 2013, I am looking forward to it in general.

LE

Interesting what you just said about the missing harmonica, LE!    You were probably writing your post (above) when I was listening to IUTC for the first time!  I called my husband over to have a listen to Jim's piano and although it sounds great, we both thought it would be great to hear that amazing harmonica in the song.  In any case I liked it a lot.

I also have just finished listening to Sonny Liston and I remember hearing it played live in Edinburgh 2005 with Danny on drums.  That was when I became a fan of Danny's drumming - he astonished me that night - everything was spot-on!    I thought it just couldn't get any better - until now!   I take back my sceptiscism of Ian, for SL at least, because his drumming on this song sounds amazing!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
I think these new versions of CBC  sound good - much better than last years ones.  The only other new songs I like are HA and Crows and they haven't really nailed Crows live yet IMO.  I do wish they (or do I mean Mark :think) had chosen other songs from Privateering to play like: Submariner, Seattle, Bluebird or Radio City.  I suppose you couldn't perform these on cruise control. ;D
I think YTC is absolutely fantatisc on the Saskatoon recording. Great outro solo. Same thing for KOG, there are the 2 highlights so far.
I too would have love Submariner/Seatle/Radio City (but not bluebird). Don't think they are more complicated that the ones chosen though.

Offlineanother brother

• Local Hero
Ian does a great job on stage

no surprise for me, he is one of the best drummers out there

Offlineanother brother

• Local Hero
i think this will be the basic list for next year - and will completed by Dire Straits Songs as Sultans and Brothers. Speedway will come in hopefully (with Ian
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 05:48:52 PM by another brother »

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
i think this will be the basic list for ext year - and will completed by Dire Straits Songs as Sultans and Brothers. Speedway will come in hopefully (with Ian
Love over gold, mind over matter

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
i think this will be the basic list for ext year - and will completed by Dire Straits Songs as Sultans and Brothers. Speedway will come in hopefully (with Ian

Offlineanother brother

• Local Hero
my wish is still "where do you think you are going" with a long outro  :wave

and, time to come back, one of the classics of his solo work: Darling pretty

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
Just watching these vids and boy how beautiful is Haul Away live from this show.... just beautiful
Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
Bloody hell, I'll add PRivateering to that lol.... Whenever you see Knopfler and the Lads playing it always astounds me at just HOW good they are live..... Stunning stuff
Fordie

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
Ok Last thing lol..... we had nothing to worry about with Ian Thomas, He's incredible
Fordie

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
I must say... The sound of that new Pensa on Kingdom of Gold is really something...
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
Fordie

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 40 queries.