Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 24:2013.05.28, Royal Albert Hall, London, UK # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 23942 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
the setlist was perfect as it was played.
other songs would've made the setlist exactly as perfect, because that is how it is played, perfect, and i do not mean the old MK perfect, not a false not to be heard, but simply perfect as in"it has been ages since i have seen the man in suuuuuuuuuch a good mood, playing things so differently"
i recorded (audio) last night, and except for bits of BIA, it all sounds wonderfull.
will send all my first 5 recordings to someone so they can be "prepared" and they will then be released on a torrent site.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
other songs would've made the setlist exactly as perfect, because that is how it is played, perfect, and i do not mean the old MK perfect, not a false not to be heard, but simply perfect as in"it has been ages since i have seen the man in suuuuuuuuuch a good mood, playing things so differently"
i recorded (audio) last night, and except for bits of BIA, it all sounds wonderfull.
will send all my first 5 recordings to someone so they can be "prepared" and they will then be released on a torrent site.

That's sooooo nice of you ! :)  :thumbsup :clap Can't wait !

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........

very nice read,

I am set and ready Pottel , so let the mailman knock through my door.
Hope the mastering will run smoothly so it can be torrented ASAP.
As always I will do my.................... worst  ;D
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Hi everyone!   Just arrived home after a really wonderful couple of shows at the RAH!   Both nights were brilliant and it would be difficult to choose which was best.   Of course, Sultans was played on the first night and it sounded great, as did TR (both nights).   As you know, Gator Blood was played on the second night instead of Sultans, but that didn't bother me one bit, because to me it is a great little song and I enjoyed it immensely and it's nice to have some variety.   I think it's good that SOS isn't played every night, because it doesn't get taken for granted that way!

The audience was very enthusiastic, especially on the first night and there were many standing ovations, especially from amiters, who were mainly in the front rows.   After TR, on both nights, there was a terrific stage rush and people seemed to emerge from everywhere.  It was necessary to be extremely quick, which I was, and I had a place at the stageside both nights!   

Marbletown was played especially well and was very well received, in fact I really think it became even more elaborate the second night.  I absolutely loved it and hope it will remain on the setlist for a long time.  John, Glen and Mike were terrific. 

I loved Ruth Moody's 40 minute or so set and her band is really good and it was nice to hear her again, with MK, on Seattle, KOG and IDUAD - they all sounded wonderful.

Seeing MK at the RAH was a very special experience and there is nowhere quite like it for that very unique atmosphere and if there is another tour, I would like to attend more than two concerts next time.  Mark was in a wonderful mood and everything was played with such energy - it was lovely to see him so happy!

Apart from the two shows, it was really great to meet up with friends from this forum, some who I have already met before and also some who I met for the first time.  You are all such great people and I am proud to be a member here!   

BTW The Stanhope Arms was a great meeting point (good food too)!  :P
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

It was nice to meet you, Mrs. Val, as it was with every single AMITer, some I already knew, some I met for the first time - but not the last time for sure!
A really nice bunch of people indeed!

I really have nothing more to add to your perfect review, apart from how I really loved it last night when the audience sang along Romeo & Juliet. The same on Monday night with "...way on downsouth LONDON TOWN"... came as a real blast.. and with Romeo, now that really was a "goosebump" moment, even if that word gets overused in some way. But I had a look around and suddenly felt, yeah, this is really one of the biggest songs of the last decades. And there is the man playing it for us NOW...

In fact, I decided this morning while waiting on the plane that my number of RAH shows will be extended for me next time, just as you said. 
I have the feel we will have another new album soon, he is so brilliant right now, and I feel that Nigel Hitchcock might appear on is again as well!

:wave

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Yes, LE, I felt that R&J, especially on the second night, was something extra-special and I detected more than a bit of emotion in Mark's singing.  I really felt that he was singing it from the heart!  It was goose-bump time for me too!   

btw It was lovely to meet you too, at last!    :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
It was nice to meet you, Mrs. Val, as it was with every single AMITer, some I already knew, some I met for the first time - but not the last time for sure!

I really have nothing more to add to your perfect review, apart from how I really loved it last night when the audience sang along Romeo & Juliet. The same on Monday night with "...way on downsouth LONDON TOWN"... came as a real blast.. and with Romeo, now that really was a "goosebump" moment, even if that word gets overused in some way. But I had a look around and suddenly felt, yeah, this is really one of the biggest songs of the last decades. And there is the man playing it for us NOW...

In fact, I decided this morning while waiting on the plane that my number of RAH shows will be extended for me next time, just as you said. 
I have the feel we will have another new album soon, he is so brilliant right now, and I feel that Nigel Hitchcock might appear on is again as well!

LE

Hey LE it was soooo good to have met you and glad you got back home ok. I have received your email! just for now and to anyone who wants to have a look at a few piccies I've just put on my flickr site...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47005/sets/72157633788144591/

Val, hope you got home ok?

Speakio soon
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
KF.. the pics are AMAZING!!!  Thanks!!  :wave

And many thanks to Val, LE, KF and others for the reviews -- it sounds like 2013 is an absolutely wonderful tour!!!  :clap  :clap
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Hi knopflerfan!   Yes, I am back home now, after a wonderful couple of days - it was lovely to meet yourself and Mrs knopflerfan and share a drink together!   Thanks for the pictures.   They are beautiful and bring back memories of a great time at the  RAH! 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

LE

Hey LE it was soooo good to have met you and glad you got back home ok. I have received your email! just for now and to anyone who wants to have a look at a few piccies I've just put on my flickr site...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47005/sets/72157633788144591/

Val, hope you got home ok?

Speakio soon

Thanks for the photos.  It was great to meet you and your good lady and indeed everyone who was there.  Everyone was so lovely. :clap  I only wish I could have stayed all week and met everyone, including friends I've met before.  Enjoy your shows - I'm sure you will. :thumbsup

I tell you, Val can move quick for the stage rush - she was behind me 2nd night yet got to the stage before me! 

Forgot to add that on my way down the stairs to the Arena section I was passed (running upwards) by none other than Guy Fletcher!  I just looked and he smiled and he was already past me before it registered with me who it actually was! 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:19:05 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
Thanks for the pictures, very nice :clap

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
And I did NOT go to the loo during R&J!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

Yes, I noticed!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

Yes, I noticed!   ;D

He didn't want to miss GB! ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........

That wasn't because I was in denial about u'r drinking problem and/or my "sad" story in the Brighton topic, wasn't it???  :think

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 37 queries.