Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #07 DTRW TOUR - May 05 2019 - Navarra Arena, Pamplona, Spain #SPOILER#  (Read 46185 times)

Offlinejunkiedoll

• Camerado
I am quite sure TR will be back in the 8pm starting gigs

Onlineherlock

• Juliet
TR gone  :'(

Yep.  Obviously gone for good, even when in a good mood and during an otherwise good show.  No Sultans, a scaled down Speedway and no TR to end the show.  Very, very poor to say the least.  If that's all he can manage then yes he should stop touring.
I am enraged for TR, but as far as Speedway is concerned, what's wrong with it ? I found it quite good...

He takes a break during what was the fastest part of the solo and the brass takes over that part for him, allowing him the break, then he comes back to finish it.  Scaled down as far as guitar work is concerned.  Just less and less guitar in the show now.
I was under the impression that we got *both* brass and guitar *at the same time*, not either one... ?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Maybe he could replace TR with an extended version of Why Worry, segueing into a replay of YLT?

:lol

Why Bother?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
TR gone  :'(

Yep.  Obviously gone for good, even when in a good mood and during an otherwise good show.  No Sultans, a scaled down Speedway and no TR to end the show.  Very, very poor to say the least.  If that's all he can manage then yes he should stop touring.
I am enraged for TR, but as far as Speedway is concerned, what's wrong with it ? I found it quite good...

He takes a break during what was the fastest part of the solo and the brass takes over that part for him, allowing him the break, then he comes back to finish it.  Scaled down as far as guitar work is concerned.  Just less and less guitar in the show now.
I was under the impression that we got *both* brass and guitar *at the same time*, not either one... ?

He's maybe playing the chords but just taking a back seat.

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
our hero is 69
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Oh, and I hate the Gibson on Going Home too.  Anything else :think...think that's it!  Sorry!

Onlineherlock

• Juliet
Oh, and I hate the Gibson on Going Home too.  Anything else :think...think that's it!  Sorry!
Yet in '96 the Gibson was awesome on it... stronger

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
our hero is 69

There might be kids reading this!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

I just think it's a Strat song.  Didn't like it back in '96 either.  The trumpet doesn't sound right on it also.

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
also lyric prompter in front of him this tour, I think ,( saw in Barcelona ) , (hes had two of them the last 2 concerts), I know young guns have one ,such as joe bonamassa  have a too que you with lyics, from back of stage its shining blue from what I can see from clips, but if he needs fair does 
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

OfflineTobben

• Camerado

Something you do like dmg? 😜

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

I just think it's a Strat song.  Didn't like it back in '96 either.  The trumpet doesn't sound right on it also.

100% Strat instrumental and no for the trumpet....

My theory is I wonder if he struggles playing the Strat now, I mean the neck on the Gibsons are slightly 'fatter'
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

hunter

I have to say if this is pretty much how it's going to be for the rest of the tour, I'm starting NOT to regret I didn't get a ticket. I'd love to hear Once Upon A Time, Silvertown and Bacon Roll live, but I don't think the shows on the whole are that much different or better than the Tracker shows. I'll get a couple of downloads down the line.

hunter

100% Strat instrumental and no for the trumpet....

My theory is I wonder if he struggles playing the Strat now, I mean the neck on the Gibsons are slightly 'fatter'

And shorter neck. Less string tension. The Telegraph Pensa has the same short neck as a Gibson, though.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 41 queries.